Sam Gilbert & his position in the side

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Trade him, its a s simple as that IMO.
So what happens this year. Does he just sit out. Sorry but trading makes no sense what so ever.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

If my memory serves me correctly, Roo, Dal and Sam have the same manager - Ricky Nixon.
I also recall hearing/reading some snippets over the past month that Nixon was involved in some sort of attempt to stop 'photos' from being published.

I also recall that when the HS broke the 'schoolgirl scandal story' Nixon was very vocal in condemning all and sundry over the reporting.

I have no doubt that Nixon would have heard about the photos of Roo and Dal when the girl first started hawking them around. He also would have been made aware of the circumstances of when/where/why they were taken, adn how they could possibly have ended up in the girl's posesson.
Both players would very quickly have become aware of their existence then.

I wonder if it's just a co-incidence that the only photos released are of 2 of Nixon's clients?

I also note that on her Twitter page she states categorically that she's 'slept' with only 2 Saints players.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I also note that on her Twitter page she states categorically that she's 'slept' with only 2 Saints players.
I'm more concerned about what she got up to when she was awake :shock:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
So what happens this year. Does he just sit out. Sorry but trading makes no sense what so ever.
He apologises to the players involved for his stupidity and everyone moves on. He becomes an integral part of a premiership team in 2011, playing in the forward line.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
He apologises to the players involved for his stupidity and everyone moves on. He becomes an integral part of a premiership team in 2011, playing in the forward line.
+19

SaintSimmo
Club Player

in response to the headline of the thread: Somewhere in the forward line should work well next year according to Ross.

Sainter for life.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I hope that happens bigcarl, but I think he has done some serious damage that may not be forgiven.

I love this club
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I hope that happens bigcarl, but I think he has done some serious damage that may not be forgiven.
It will blow over.

Riewoldt is a fair-minded and intelligent individual (that's why he is skipper) and will accept Gilbert's apology IMO and assurance there was no intent to embarrass the club.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

I'm with you big c. Sam sticks his hand up, does the old mea culpa, to the Nick's in private and the group en masse, and we all move on.

The Boss didn't build the Bubble to have it burst over something as insignificant as this. The leadership of this club is second to none and vastly removed from our past. This, too, will pass.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

This girl did this to tear us apart. It is an act of revenge against Sam.

If Roo, Dal, Zac and Sam allow that to happen and they cannot work well as teammates for a common premiership goal, then she wins and we lose.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY

Simple really.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Perspective please -

Sam screwed up by not deleting some photos.........its not like he released them to the public......

Big stuff up...big apology....move on.....still team mates and still mates!

Nee!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Perspective please -

Sam screwed up by not deleting some photos.........its not like he released them to the public......

Perspective please. He made the effort to dowload the photos and then still kept them.

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

I've three things to say:

1.) Honestly, this whole thing is just so ridiculous it defies comprehension, and really points to to the massive misconception, MASSIVE MISCONCEPTION, in society that footballers somehow occupy an elevated ethical status amongst us.

Let's be honest, taken as a whole, the breed of the footballer is in fact rather degenarate. Don't get me wrong, I love our players like they're some kind of gods myself, but put it this way: if I had a daughter, or a wife, for that matter, I wouldn't want her hanging around with them.

It shocks me that society equates the ability to run and catch and kick a bit of dead cow around a padock with some kind of moral purity. In fact, it is quite the opposite. Football doesn't teach young men to be fair and ethical and kind and loving and respectful. It teaches them to WIN, win at all costs, and thats it. It's tribal and brutal and its win or die.

2.) Case in point: Sam Gilbert. A naturally gifted athlete with the potential to become an elite AFL footballer, but WHAT A TOOL. Okay, he's a queenslander, and it shows, he's a bit thick, but crickey, you'd have to be excessively dense to be outsmarted by a talentless, pathetic and messed up little you know what who flung herself at you. I'm sure he'd have to be feeling pretty embarrased right now, and every bit of that embarrasment is warranted.

3.) having said all that, this whole thing means.....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when it comes to the reason we're all here: to see the saints win a flag. In fact, it could actually turn out to be a GOOD thing. A bit of an apology from sam over his dick shots, a bit of an acceptance from the Nicks, a bit of kissey kissey make up, and the boys are tighter than ever. You know, the spartans were the most fearsome army in ancient greece because they all shared beds together. Just meditate on that for a while...

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote: 3.) having said all that, this whole thing means.....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when it comes to the reason we're all here: to see the saints win a flag.
Precisely.

I don't pay one iota of interest to Richard Wilkin's 'Hollywood Gossip' segment on the Today show each morning, so why the hell would I care about this sort of stuff?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
hungry for a premiership wrote: 3.) having said all that, this whole thing means.....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when it comes to the reason we're all here: to see the saints win a flag.
Precisely.

I don't pay one iota of interest to Richard Wilkin's 'Hollywood Gossip' segment on the Today show each morning, so why the hell would I care about this sort of stuff?
Yes it mightnt matter to you and it doesnt matter to me but it could matter to a group of Saints players, sponsors and others. This could actually effect the club trying to win the flag. As people say the 1% can help but in this case the 1% negative may hurt.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Precisely.

Yes it mightnt matter to you and it doesnt matter to me but it could matter to a group of Saints players, sponsors and others. This could actually effect the club trying to win the flag. As people say the 1% can help but in this case the 1% negative may hurt.
I agree, hard to believe this won't have an effect on the playing group. The playing group, and in particuler Roo, Dal, and Zac would have little trust in Gilbert annymore.

I love this club
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

it's no effort to download photos Plugger66....we just got back from holiday, plugged the camera in and hit transfer images........we haven't even looked at them yet....and they join the thousands of others on the hard drive we haven't got round to looking at.
With digital cameras this is the norm...I doubt Gilbert even remembered having that photo on there til it was stolen.

Nee!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Perspective please. He made the effort to dowload the photos and then still kept them.
Perspective please. When I plug my phone into my computer it downloads images automatically.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Perspective please. When I plug my phone into my computer it downloads images automatically.
Perspective please. None of us know what he did or didn't do.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Roo looks like the sort of guy who'd be really p!ssed off with you if you messed up his hair... I reckon he'd be well beyond filthy with Gilbert, and if Gilbert hadn't even apologised to him by the presser yesterday, well, they're a long way from 'mates'. These pics will be on the net forever.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Roo looks like the sort of guy who'd be really p!ssed off with you if you messed up his hair... I reckon he'd be well beyond filthy with Gilbert, and if Gilbert hadn't even apologised to him by the presser yesterday, well, they're a long way from 'mates'. These pics will be on the net forever.
You don't think you're implying a little too much there, God?

You, like me, have no idea.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Actually, they said the photo's were from a camera I think...

markp
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
markp wrote:Roo looks like the sort of guy who'd be really p!ssed off with you if you messed up his hair... I reckon he'd be well beyond filthy with Gilbert, and if Gilbert hadn't even apologised to him by the presser yesterday, well, they're a long way from 'mates'. These pics will be on the net forever.

Just giving my personal impression from the presser... is that ok?

How would you feel under the same circumstances?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Thinline wrote:

I thought you were imposing a belief that you thought to be reality. That was my take, right or wrong.

To be honest, in a club environment, I reckon there would have been a tense moment that passed quickly when the realisation dawned that it had to be dealt with. Now I wouldn't be surprised if there was a few jokes being cracked.
Last edited by Thinline on Wed 22 Dec 2010 3:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
markp wrote:
Thinline wrote:

I thought you were imposing a belief that you thought to be reality. That was my take.

To be honest, in a club environment, I reckon there would have been a tense moment that passed quickly when the realisation dawned that it had to be dealt with. Now I wouldn't be surprised if there was a few jokes being cracked.
You may be right (not about me imposing a belief!)... but (to me) Roo seemed to be gritting his teeth when talking about Gilbert.