Has Ross lost the plot???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Everybody is talking about which young players should come in, but nobody has mentioned Tommy Walsh! Is our Irishman set to return to Ireland without ever having the opportunity to play a game? If our gutless selectors continue in the form they have shown to date it is very likely.
Hard to pick him if his is a rookie :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

No-one has been elevated to replace Lenny have they?
If not, Tommy could be elevated immediately and play the next week, so I don't think his rookie list status is stopping us.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Richter
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:We have threads were people want youth....

We have Smith, Steven and Stanley retained in the team this week. Coupled with Ben and Armo pretty much consistent selections, which they weren't last year.

We have threads were people want tackles....

We bring in Baker and Mini who never lack in this department.

I just don't get the angst (shrugs)
And we have threads where people bemoan that all we do going forward is 'kick it to Roo'.

Well now we have potentially 3 Tall targets up forward.

I wouldn't have minded seeing a Winmar or Johnson, but to be frank I don't really know anything about them.

This selection looks fairly well balanced to me.... a good mix of some new blood with talent and promise and the old guard. I'm happy that Ross has identified that it is in the tackling and pressure departments that we have been particularly poor in and so he has brought back in two of our tougher nuts and dropped 2 of our less ferocious competitors. I don't know if that is the correct area to be looking at, but it makes sense and the selection aims to logically remedy this.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Seriously if we keep picking mini.. For what return? How many goals in 2010?

8?? He played every game as a forward.

Dempster got burnt off last game.. How is he still playing???

There has been to much faith in the bottom 6.

And I hate the way we play footy, we have become predictable and boring.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:No-one has been elevated to replace Lenny have they?
If not, Tommy could be elevated immediately and play the next week, so I don't think his rookie list status is stopping us.
So it proves they dont think he is ready but as you say what what whould they know. By the way how many seconds games have you seen this year?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

fingers wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Of all the new players the first our gutless selectors will pick is likely to be Dean Polo!
They've already picked Gamble.

It amazes me that most of us see nothing of the players during the week - training, in the gym, in team meetings etc yet we still know better than those at the club.
It's these selections that fly in the face of those that have the mentality of, 'they're the coaches, the obviously know best'...

Half of us knew Gamble was never up to it... Yet he walks straight into the side, and 4 weeks later, is back where we always knew he'd be...

Patterson, Polo, the list goes on...

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Half of us knew Gamble was never up to it... Yet he walks straight into the side, and 4 weeks later, is back where we always knew he'd be...
after the first nab cup game half of us thought he was the messiah.
Sobraz wrote:Patterson, Polo, the list goes on...
guess what? not all of your recycling is going to succeed. but here's a solid list of those who made it:

dawson was a nothing player. his career was destroyed in his third game and he was never going to play again. yeah, he's still got detractors, but he's been pretty much ever-present at full back in one of the most successful periods the club's ever had, and i reckon he's still improving - hasn't been the worst this year.

everyone knew ray was never going to make it. but he's been decent - was in the side for all of a great year in 2009, despite not really taking the next step since.

gardiner was absolutely gone for all money at the start of 08, and even by the end of 08 most weren't much more positive. then in 2009 he played a pretty important role in getting us to a grand final, and he was handy last year as well. (may be gone now though.)

schneider was little more than a lightweight front-runner when he left sydney. ok, he probably still is, but he's kicked a few goals for us, and last year he averaged 18 possessions a game - i still hope he can become a proper midfielder.

you just can't say that all recycling decisions fail because it's not true. would you have picked up dawson at the end of 08? safe to say you were wrong too. there's always an element of luck in this game.

spert
Saintsational Legend

As far as I'm concerned, if our listed players impress at Sandy, they then earn the right to be considered for senior selection. So far, Mini, Steven, Johnson have looked up to it, but the rest still need to string four quarters of good footy together. Tommy W, is a top athlete and I would keep him for another year if possible, as I think he needs it. Stanley got a gig I expect to help Macca out in the ruck.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:No-one has been elevated to replace Lenny have they?
So it proves they dont think he is ready but as you say what what whould they know. By the way how many seconds games have you seen this year?
You're wrong.
It's a deliberate ploy by the coaches/selectors to stop us from winning.

Everyone knows there are players being selected who are no good.

They can't run
They can't kick
They can't mark
They can't handball
'They can't tackle
They're just no good.

Thank god the other teams rolled over for us the last couple of years and allowed us to play in Grand Finals.

I mean, that's the only way we could have gotten there.
Surely?