Riewoldt has to be Joking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
wraiyth wrote:The fact is that a captain shouldn't be immune from being dropped if his form is poor. The team has a vice captain and if a player - captain or not - isn't performing, then they need to be dropped.
Aside from that, dropping Rooey might send a message to many other players. There are way too many players coasting in that side right now, and if the message can be sent that no one's spot is safe, perhaps a few might pick their act up.
You're kidding right? That would totally undermine the captain/leader of the club and take away respect for him. You cannot drop the captain, plain and simple. An out of form Riewoldt is still lightyears ahead of any other forwards we have coming through. People are crying for changes but simply do not get that we do not have anyone better coming through as yet. Give it time.
How is this a thread? He's had a poor half a year by the lofty standards he has set over 200 games.

He is 2nd at the club for marks, and 2nd for goals in 2011. He is still providing a better output than half the team. And is he not working hard enough for you. FFS

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
james rose
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
wraiyth wrote:The fact is that a captain shouldn't be immune from being dropped if his form is poor. The team has a vice captain and if a player - captain or not - isn't performing, then they need to be dropped.
Aside from that, dropping Rooey might send a message to many other players. There are way too many players coasting in that side right now, and if the message can be sent that no one's spot is safe, perhaps a few might pick their act up.
You're kidding right? That would totally undermine the captain/leader of the club and take away respect for him. You cannot drop the captain, plain and simple. An out of form Riewoldt is still lightyears ahead of any other forwards we have coming through. People are crying for changes but simply do not get that we do not have anyone better coming through as yet. Give it time.
How is this a thread? He's had a poor half a year by the lofty standards he has set over 200 games.

He is 2nd at the club for marks, and 2nd for goals in 2011. He is still providing a better output than half the team. And is he not working hard enough for you. FFS

I think it stands out more because of his body language.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

don't really know what to say,but never thought he should've been captain - not mentally strong enough.
BUT he has led by example since being handed the reins, yes a very poor year, but some of the comments are over the top.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
james rose
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:don't really know what to say,but never thought he should've been captain - not mentally strong enough.
BUT he has led by example since being handed the reins, yes a very poor year, but some of the comments are over the top.
Agree with you here.

He converted me by leading by example.

Now he is not. Which means he either needs to step up other forms of leadership or start setting the example again, if he doesn't the questions will only start coming more and more.

Wait until the Hun writes an article on the captaincy and Goddard....

Personally I like the idea of captaincy to BJ. Might actually help Riewoldt- take a load off.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Just hope the battering his body has taken hasnt caught up with him.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

I cant be bothered reading all of the dribble on here, but Reiwoldt is our captain and he has busted his gut for 10 years for this club. Whovever posted this can go and get stuffed and go support someone else! How about supporting your captain? I am sure he knows he played a bad game and i am sure he would be hurting the most out of anyone. I have faith in Rooey and he will turn it around. It's simple if you aint with us you're against us...so go and get stuffed and support someone else seriosuly! I have been a member of this club for 20 years now and I am only 34, we gain nothing from continuously bagging players....Reiwoldt could have gone to GC but he stayed with us, I mean come on support the damn captain, all I hear every day is other non saints people trying to bring him down with all of this off field stuff that? If you wanna do the same well piss off and support someone else, we dont want you at our club!!!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
james rose
Club Player

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:I cant be bothered reading all of the dribble on here, but Reiwoldt is our captain and he has busted his gut for 10 years for this club. Whovever posted this can go and get stuffed and go support someone else! How about supporting your captain? I am sure he knows he played a bad game and i am sure he would be hurting the most out of anyone. I have faith in Rooey and he will turn it around. It's simple if you aint with us you're against us...so go and get stuffed and support someone else seriosuly! I have been a member of this club for 20 years now and I am only 34, we gain nothing from continuously bagging players....Reiwoldt could have gone to GC but he stayed with us, I mean come on support the damn captain, all I hear every day is other non saints people trying to bring him down with all of this off field stuff that? If you wanna do the same well piss off and support someone else, we dont want you at our club!!!

White space is your friend.

Also no point joining a thread if your not going to read it first.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I don't know what's happened to him lately. He used to be so good at those marks running back into a pack and taking the mark. Tonight there were 2 or 3 instances where he could have taken one of those marks but just didn't go for them.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

james rose wrote:
R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:I cant be bothered reading all of the dribble on here, but Reiwoldt is our captain and he has busted his gut for 10 years for this club. Whovever posted this can go and get stuffed and go support someone else! How about supporting your captain? I am sure he knows he played a bad game and i am sure he would be hurting the most out of anyone. I have faith in Rooey and he will turn it around. It's simple if you aint with us you're against us...so go and get stuffed and support someone else seriosuly! I have been a member of this club for 20 years now and I am only 34, we gain nothing from continuously bagging players....Reiwoldt could have gone to GC but he stayed with us, I mean come on support the damn captain, all I hear every day is other non saints people trying to bring him down with all of this off field stuff that? If you wanna do the same well piss off and support someone else, we dont want you at our club!!!

Yes I haven't read 4 pages of comments smart mouth but I understand that the person who posted it is attacking Rooey and in my mind it is unfair, would it be better if Reiwoldt was in the opposition or with us? I know which one I would prefer! I just think supporting your captain and a ten year player who has given his all for the club is better than having some thread that was initially intended to bag him?

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
suss
Club Player

james rose wrote:

So let me get this straight, you have a go at people for putting up pointless posts, and then you have a go at this post because it doesn't have enough 'white space'... :roll:

james rose
Club Player

suss wrote:
james rose wrote:

So let me get this straight, you have a go at people for putting up pointless posts, and then you have a go at this post because it doesn't have enough 'white space'... :roll:
Correct.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

32 Supercoach points sums it up.

Why the F*** isn't he put into the play much earlier? Why let him stay cold in our forward 50 every farking time we play them? Every farking time!

If he's struggling in the first quarter Ross, he's gonna struggle for the rest of the game against this mob. Run him through the guts FFS.

I'm as frustrated as I've ever been, fair dinkum.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

james rose wrote:
suss wrote:
james rose wrote:
I am playing dumb here and we are all sainters so we love the same thiing but what do you mean by white space?

Correct.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:
james rose wrote:
suss wrote:
james rose wrote:
I am playing dumb here and we are all sainters so we love the same thiing but what do you mean by white space?

Correct.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

^^^

Maybe he means any lengthy posts would be easier to read if there were a
paragraph or two after a few lines. :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:32 Supercoach points sums it up.

Why the F*** isn't he put into the play much earlier? Why let him stay cold in our forward 50 every farking time we play them? Every farking time!

If he's struggling in the first quarter Ross, he's gonna struggle for the rest of the game against this mob. Run him through the guts FFS.

All true Icey...they do know how to 'play' him for sure.

However he is our marquee (spelling ?) player, well actually, marquee forward and some responsibility has to fall to him too.

He needs to play his role, 7 other guys contributed to the scoreboard, it wasn't all left to him tonight.

Winmar
Club Player

My page is grey, so the only white I see is the text. :)

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

SainterK wrote:

However he is our marquee (spelling ?) player, well actually, marquee forward and some responsibility has to fall to him too.

He needs to play his role, 7 other guys contributed to the scoreboard, it wasn't all left to him tonight.

Hi Sainter K Who aint the Sainter K I thought you were! haha

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

james rose wrote:
desertsaint wrote:don't really know what to say,but never thought he should've been captain - not mentally strong enough.
Agree with you here.

He converted me by leading by example.

Now he is not. Which means he either needs to step up other forms of leadership or start setting the example again, if he doesn't the questions will only start coming more and more.
And here.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Great post. Started by the same usual moron with nothing constructive to say.
Last edited by SaintPav on Sun 19 Jun 2011 1:45am, edited 2 times in total.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Serious questions have to be asked about Riewoldt.

And his fellow big game players Milne and Schneids have been true to form.
Maybe they all thought it was a Grand Final? That would explain their games tonight.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Just happens too regularly for my liking.

As a leader I'd like to see him grab the game by the balls and put himself into the mix and then deal with the coach later.

At player level, you CAN tell when momentum is shifting and something needs to be done. Was it Hird who used to just throw himself around from posi to posi then deal with the consequences later? Or did he just have that licence to do it?

Tonight was a crunch game, Roo was just too important tonight to miss a sitter (again) then not bring himself into the game. FFS tha's what leaders at ALL levels do, not just in footy. They make a difference when it needs to be made.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Winmar wrote:My page is grey, so the only white I see is the text. :)
Think that may be changed in your Profile, in the Board style field - except that there may be some testing happening in Profile currently - as last week I couldn't change anything without getting an error message.

Hold your ground :shock:
Enrico_Misso
Saintsational Legend
Location: Moorabbin Chapter of The Royal Society of Hagiographers

He didn't do his usual running tonight.
So I suspect he has a fitness/injury issue.

Unfair to judge him on one crap game.

The rest of Australia can wander mask-free, socialise, eat out, no curfews, no zoning, no police rings of steel, no illogical inconsistent rules. 
They can even WATCH LIVE FOOTY!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Statistically he is having his worst year since 2003...