Robert Harvey walks out!

GSG wrote:
St Ick wrote:Yeah, definitely Seaford... Harves saw the town and was shocked I heard, couldn't understand why anyone would ever be associated with Seaford...

IF true, is a bit of a kick in the guts. Was bad enough seeing Banger in a Carlton top, now Filth? Obviously very very disappointed at not getting the coaching role.
What absolute nonsense. I could not imagine that Harves would say something like this. He grew up in Seaford and cut his footy teeth on the Seaford Tigers. He's much too much a nice person to bad-mouth the place he grew up in.
Unless somebody can tell me that he's heard him say.
Reckon there's a fair dose of sarcasm in S Ick's post :wink:

He was midfield coach, look at out midfield stats!!

Carn Saints
Burkey 1

Everybody just needs to slow down a bit, if harvs said that about Seaford then why is he so cut (supposedly ) about missing out on the senior job !!! There seems to be alot of different opinions but none from the great man himself, the only news that I know that is anywhere near true is what Scott stated in the media after his meeting with harvs, everything else is irrelevant at this point in time.

GSG

GSG wrote:
St Ick wrote:Yeah, definitely Seaford... Harves saw the town and was shocked I heard, couldn't understand why anyone would ever be associated with Seaford...

IF true, is a bit of a kick in the guts. Was bad enough seeing Banger in a Carlton top, now Filth? Obviously very very disappointed at not getting the coaching role.
What absolute nonsense. I could not imagine that Harves would say something like this. He grew up in Seaford and cut his footy teeth on the Seaford Tigers. He's much too much a nice person to bad-mouth the place he grew up in.

I hope so!!!!

GSG wrote:
GSG wrote:

I hope so!!!!
Geez Doc, didn't think that one needed a sarcasm alert but I might be overestimating some of us... :)

Burkey 1 wrote:Everybody just needs to slow down a bit, if harvs said that about Seaford then why is he so cut (supposedly ) about missing out on the senior job !!! There seems to be alot of different opinions but none from the great man himself, the only news that I know that is anywhere near true is what Scott stated in the media after his meeting with harvs, everything else is irrelevant at this point in time.
this

Saint4Eva

[quote="St Ick"]Yeah, definitely Seaford... Harves saw the town and was shocked I heard, couldn't understand why anyone would ever be associated with Seaford...

Harves is from seaford mate so im pretty sure he knew what it looked like.

Saint4Eva wrote:

Harves is from seaford mate so im pretty sure he knew what it looked like.
Is he really? :lol: I only just found it... :sarcasm: seriously people...

averypr

Harvey Walks Out

I can't believe being at Seaford would have any influence in Robert's decision to leave (assuming he does). Harvey came to St.Kilda from Seaford footy club plus he lives close by. It would be because he didn't get the top job. Although I would love him to stay, he is not ready for the top job and would be best served going to the filth or geelong to learn how either of those clubs operate.

Saint 87.
saint6

HitTheBoundary wrote:If Rob Harvey wants to be the next coach of St.Kilda, what would be the better path?

1) to stay at the Saints as an assistant, or

2) to go to another successful club, expand his repertoire and reputation, then return as the prodigal son.

IMHO option 2 would make him much more likely to eventually coach the Saints.

If he has indeed left, then I hope he goes well wherever he is, wish him all the best, and hope he returns to the club in the future in some capacity.

As for those calling him a sook, he is a legend of the club, and has contributed far more than any of us keyboard legends have.

And possibly even more than plugger66 and Barks4neva.
Could not agree with this more. Only point I disagree on is that the filth are going to be a successful club next year. Natural playing ability does not make a good coach - just look at timmy watson. Still they have a good playing list and may do well in spite of their coach.
I wish rob harvey all the best whatever his decision may be. I do however question whether he will make a good coach or not - needs more experience. It would have broken my heart to see him appointed coach of the saints and then turned on if we had gone down the ladder (as seems quite possible when our core group retires)

SaintWodonga wrote:Sooky La La if true...
Agreed. I'd think out of anyone Harvs would have a thicker skin.

St. Luke wrote:
SaintWodonga wrote:Sooky La La if true...
Agreed. I'd think out of anyone Harvs would have a thicker skin.
He's got very thick hair :P

goyousaints

The club could have helped him a bit ,give him a final interview .would have helped him ,a club legend,gain experience for the future and put the message to the industry that he is not far off a senior role,something he obviously wants.Really sad if he goes,final nail in a very disappointing year.

Kilda wrote:So the defections continue...sooner or later, the club has to accept some responsibility for these mass walk outs.

Whilst I'm not saying that Harvey should have been appointed coach, I do believe he was treated shabbily...why on earth did St Kilda appoint him caretaker coach and raise his hopes? This was an unnecessary (and arguably foolish) move. We simply didn't need to have a caretaker coach...
out of respect for the bloke, the fact he didn't get the top job has a lot to do with due process , others interviewed better...who would you take?
If Banger has moved because he has the s***s then bad luck..I would have thought the bloke was above that but I would like to think he has moved because of a better offer, if it is because of the latter (which I'm hoping is the case) it may not be the clubs fault..how much money do we have?
Maybe there are a few on here who don't mind bagging the club but put very little into it monetarily .
Stop the whingeing you nimrods (you know who you are because I sure f#$%$g do) and show up at the AGM to give your ideas for a better future for the club...if not STFU.
Last edited by The Fireman on Wed 19 Oct 2011 5:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am looking forward with interest, to hear what the Saints Legend eventually says!

I never thought that he would get the job - the process found that out.
The Pies job will give him enormous experience for his future ambitions and maybe one day ...................

Let's hope that "inside politics" weren't the cause of him leaving - it's extremely infectious and devastating.

We now move on with new Assistants. Best wishes to Scott for future success !

The filth job would have given him tremendous experience if Malthouse was still there.
If he goes, he will be working with another rookie coach who got the job because when Eddie met Nathan, it was love at first sight.

SaintWodonga

I think Harvey's main point is the fact he never even made to the 2nd round of interviews. I hope he stays, but why the woods? No better off, still will be an assistant, no senior role on the go there...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM

Batnoe wrote:He was midfield coach, look at out midfield stats!!
I'm looking...now what?

SaintWodonga wrote:I think Harvey's main point is the fact he never even made to the 2nd round of interviews. I hope he stays, but why the woods? No better off, still will be an assistant, no senior role on the go there...
good question...rotten organization, a Saint in Hell?
I can only hope it is some sort of Secret agent type spy thing to somehow bring the vermin to justice.

The Redeemer wrote:
Batnoe wrote:He was midfield coach, look at out midfield stats!!
I'm looking...now what?
Surely it's got something to do with the cattle :idea:

barks4eva wrote: My psychic vision is impeccable!
Or, perhaps, some idiot is undermining our club by leaking information to a peanut that can't wait to publish it on a public forum in the hope that he might find true love. :P

Sounds like your source is a bigger problem than the info he leaks.

... hard to have a leak without a kite flyer.

satchmo wrote:
barks4eva wrote: My psychic vision is impeccable!
Or, perhaps, some idiot is undermining our club by leaking information to a peanut that can't wait to publish it on a public forum in the hope that he might find true love. :P

Sounds like your source is a bigger problem than the info he leaks.
:lol: :lol: Succinctly put.

Really? So he didn't get the gig so hes walked out?

Good riddance, bugger off to Collingwood then. Little sook

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."

Dickheadish.much.Removesignature.
Banger deserves not.

Pisspooreffortdools.