WE ARE GOING FOR THE FLAG!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Hey SMS, what are the tatts numbers?

You have Saad and Ross in our premiership 22 yet neither have played a single AFL match!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

the big difference between us and Geelong is that the Geelong players had already won it twice before - that helps!

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
saintly
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:the big difference between us and Geelong is that the Geelong players had already won it twice before - that helps!
actually 3 times in 5 years.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I must a die hard. I still reckon we have one last crack at it this year.

This is based on two things :
1. what geelong did last year with a new a coach and after losing a champ player.
2. If u take a good hard look at the competition it seems a bit weak in general. There are no stand out sides. Everyone is vulnerable to injuries.

I'm with pj - if- and its a very big if - simpkin can hold fb it gives us some real flexibility fwd.

Wilkes can play ff. And siposs and markworth will both compete for a spot.
We might have a dangerous less predictable fwd line.
Unfortunatley, the team most likely to do a Geelong in 2012 will be Collingwood. They only lost a couple of games for the year, they have a new coach which will help freshen them up a bit and most importantly, their players are still quite young.
Collingwood might still have a full belly and a new coach may take time to adjust to. Especially seeing they have lost most of their support coaches as well.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Collingwood have as many adjustments to make in 2012 as St Kilda, new senior coach, new line coaches, query over guys coming back from significant injuries, loss of AA defender, guys having form dips in 2011....

Could easily finish anywhere from 1st - 10th.

I like the uncertainity of it all, makes for an interesting season.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I must a die hard. I still reckon we have one last crack at it this year.

1. what geelong did last year with a new a coach and after losing a champ player.
2. If u take a good hard look at the competition it seems a bit weak in general. There are no stand out sides. Everyone is vulnerable to injuries.

I'm with pj - if- and its a very big if - simpkin can hold fb it gives us some real flexibility fwd.

1. We arent Geelong, Geelong are a GREAT Team, we are a good team.
2. Collingwood is a standout team.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: Could easily finish anywhere from 1st - 10th.
Me thinks 10th is a pretty wishful drop... hard to see them dropping out of the 4... I think 6th would be constitute a disasterous season for them

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I'm a bit conflicted and tormented .

Whenever I think of our core group I'm very confident we will be top 4. But then I think of our 20-25 year old group and our 50 to 100 game group and I get depressed how weak that group is.

So putting it all together I have nfi. I just feel stressed. Can't wait for the season to start.
Similar sentiments Conald.

Our core group is one of the best/the best in the league when up and about however the middle/lower tier of players can look plain awful on occasion.

This is partly because we have had such a settle side for 5+ seasons however our drafting (I believe the final year of GT) and a few during RL has bent us over and given us a bit of an unwanted reaming
Regarding the 20-25 age group - the club obviously has similar concerns given it went and recruited 3 blokes in that age group (one from the sanfl, one from the wafl and one from the vfl).
all unproven at this point.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:

im trying to be glass half full. :lol: :lol:
if i came up with a list on why we might go backwards - im sure it will have more than 2 dot points....

yes pies will be favourites - but if pendles and swan do acls they would be gone. thats footy these days. its still only a few % between tops and also rans. But as geelong have shown - they might only be 2 or 3% ahead of the pack - but that means you get 100% of the spoils. a brutal business!

jays
Club Player

should be this every year

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Wake me up when we've won it

Quixote
SS Life Member

magnifisaint wrote:Wake me up when we've won it

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Megsie wrote:CORRECT. We are quietly going about our pre=season
hopefully no distractions will occur & very little publicity.....

Geelong 2011 style !!!!!!!
We're going to be Geelong AGAIN???

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:

Geelong were pretty rank in 2010 and the Pies last 4 games were very ordinary. They could have gone out in straight sets.
A bit of luck and timing go a long way. If you finish top 4 you are in the hunt.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

Unfortunatley, the team most likely to do a Geelong in 2012 will be Collingwood. They only lost a couple of games for the year, they have a new coach which will help freshen them up a bit and most importantly, their players are still quite young.
Collingwood might still have a full belly and a new coach may take time to adjust to. Especially seeing they have lost most of their support coaches as well.
so do we Gringo.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I'm going for the Scrag.