Piss weak Saints fans......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Piss weak Saints fans......

I didn't go last night cause I had other things on.

Maybe come up to me at the footy next time and ask me face to face, see how you go.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Leo.J
SS Life Member

My whole family have memberships, even our 2 year old.

And there lies the issue, we play too many night games.

Day game, I'm there with my tribe.

Night games far too late for kids imo getting home at 11.

Not to mention mid strength sh!t beer and inflated food prices.

And the fact that if I hear one more person mention the 'R' word it will probably end in me being arrested for assault in front of my kids.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

What a shyte thread.

Get some perspective idiot.

People have lives...Sometimes football takes a back seat.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:My whole family have memberships, even our 2 year old.

And there lies the issue, we play too many night games.

Day game, I'm there with my tribe.

Night games far too late for kids imo getting home at 11.

Not to mention mid strength sh!t beer and inflated food prices.

And the fact that if I hear one more person mention the 'R' word it will probably end in me being arrested for assault in front of my kids.
excuse my ignorance but what is the 'R' word

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

Thought you would say that Dooley. I was in Bay M5 row E and you were in row F in the cheersquad section. You either lie or have someone that looks like you with dooley on their back.

I know we were never 4goals up, is that why u look lost, or was it Kosi firing??

Anyway, my dig is not at you, it is the whole cheersquad.

Foz
Club Player

I could have swung a cat in the Saints reserved seating area M15, M16 and puddy would have been safe.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:What a shyte thread.

Get some perspective idiot.

People have lives...Sometimes football takes a back seat.

That's a fair enough comment - not that many are arguing against that fact. Funny how about 10,000 saints members had something on all on the one night though......

I reckon people who DIDN'T attend are taking this thread personally. It was a Saturday night, of course people had things on. The point of the thread is that when we play at Etihad, suddenly ppl's social calendar becomes far more vacant for some and the footy takes priority. Would be hard for our membership to boast that we are the most loyal, passionate supporters in the league I reckon reading some of these posts. People not going to the footy because it's a bit cold.... it's hard to find a food outlet......can't find a toilet as easily....... the car park is really dark and I can't find my car easily...... It's a crap ground (you have GOT to be kidding?)

Gee I hope our membership as a collective NEVER whinge about our fixture again like we did in 09 cos we only got fixtured once at the G for the whole year that year. I certainly hope NO-ONE uses the excuse that it's hard for us to win a flag cos WC play at the G more than us. These were the things coming out in 09. That the cats were used to the cold and the rain and life wasn't fair. Oh yeah, it's one giant conspiracy to send us broke cos Etihad is run by Ian Collins and he's a greedy pig.

lennyeverywhere
Club Player

Raph's Disciple wrote:The footy is not expensive what the... and the MCG is one of the world's best stadiums. You lazy people in Melbourne who don't even go disgust me

Who are you to pass judgment on other people's reasons for going or not going?

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

This thread is started every time we have a poor crowd and it s***s me.

No Saints supporter, regardless of whether they are members, not, interstate, local or whatever should EVER be called soft or piss weak for not attending a match.

Regardless of whether they have a reason for not going or that they have other stuff on, of you're lifestyle enables you to view 22 Saints games a year, bloody great for you.

But Saints fans are the most loyal and strongest in the league.

We stick by our club through thick and thin, we have has to endure much worse than any other clubs supporters have and then also endure their taunts yet never waver when it comes to the team we love.

Every single poster on this site is a loyal proud Sainter, whether it's the often maligned Saintdooley, the realist Teflon, the self-important Barks 4ever, the overly optimistic SainterK, the brutally raw realist Thinline, the matter of fact plugger66 or any other poster. They all and we all love this club. That's the whole reason we've signed up.

Even the thread starter and every poster who agreed with them.

We're all on the same team and I think that's something that everyone here forgets sometimes.

And no I wasn't at the game and I have a reason for it. Would you like to hear it?

It's none of your Goddam business. :twisted:

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:Thought you would say that Dooley. I was in Bay M5 row E and you were in row F in the cheersquad section. You either lie or have someone that looks like you with dooley on their back.

well in that case i have someone the looks like me with dooley on their back.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i think it is a very worthwhile thread. shouldnt be personal or finger pointing.
but from the big picture and in lieu of the kiwi talk.
its a saturday at the g. biggish game. why cant we cant get a decent crowd.
i know we arent a big club like blues/pies/bombers who get 80k routinely.
but 50k would be nice.

are we getting any new supporters?
what is the demograhic of saints supporters?

stkildajason3votes
Club Player

I travelled 3 hours on bus and train from Kyabram, every week even the first Friday pratice match we had before the NAB cup started. I went to the MCG (as much as a hassle it was), if you want to be a fan or a so called follower that stands around the water bottle and talks about their footy team reviewing the week-end football. How much of a sacrifice is it to go to the MCG and follow your team. For a person that ended up travelling 3 and a half hour, walking half an hour to my seat and catching 3 trains and 1 coach to get home get f**king real. Urban dwellers make an effort it was our HOME GAME
and I was gutted when I saw the swarms of Dorks supporters everywhere. Get real supporters or we might as well move to NZ. In fact it would probably be easier for me to get there. Wake up you 2 bid snobs rain and cold won't kill you, the only thing it will do is send us to NZ (god pls NO) and those that didn't attended i bet complain the most. Reality is plain and simple BS. Mad as hell (St.Kilda Saints Football Club Supporter - Real One)

stevie
Saintsational Legend

stkildajason3votes wrote:I travelled 3 hours on bus and train from Kyabram, every week even the first Friday pratice match we had before the NAB cup started. I went to the MCG (as much as a hassle it was), if you want to be a fan or a so called follower that stands around the water bottle and talks about their footy team reviewing the week-end football. How much of a sacrifice is it to go to the MCG and follow your team. For a person that ended up travelling 3 and a half hour, walking half an hour to my seat and catching 3 trains and 1 coach to get home get f**king real. Urban dwellers make an effort it was our HOME GAME
and I was gutted when I saw the swarms of Dorks supporters everywhere. Get real supporters or we might as well move to NZ. In fact it would probably be easier for me to get there. Wake up you 2 bid snobs rain and cold won't kill you, the only thing it will do is send us to NZ (god pls NO) and those that didn't attended i bet complain the most. Reality is plain and simple BS. Mad as hell (St.Kilda Saints Football Club Supporter - Real One)
Yo Jase! I'm a Ky boy originally. My brother is Rusty McDonell, town legend and captain of the Bombers last GVFL flag in 1996.

Good for you man for making the trip to see the boys every week!

philtee
Club Player

Having the game live on telly slaughtered the crowd.
In the MCC area, there was a surprisingly good turnout of Saints faithful.

Hate to start a "those were the days" rant, but -
To anyone who says the G or Etihad are crap grounds - twenty years ago
a lof of us would have been standing for three hours on the terraces at Moorabbin,
or Kardinia Park or Windy Hill or the Western Oval, in the gravel, in the drizzle, trying to
glimpse the game over the blokes in front, with a tin shed for a toilet, and a choice of pie,
chips or feral hotdog at the food stand.
Even then, Moorabbin would pull 19,000-20,000 minimum, even when we played the new
interstate sides like Adelaide.

I'm glad we've progressed, but where are all those people ?

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the Hawks supporters don't have a life? Bloody losers, going to the footy every week....... 8-)

paulski
Club Player

I was also pissed off with the lack of saints fans. Was sitting in AFL members in lower level and we were embarrassly outnumbered. Can hardly talk today cos I tried to pick up the slack of non attending supporters - beer also to blame! :lol:
Maybe some Saints supporters are still scarred from the GF losses to attend! I love the G, and we need more games there, cos that's where we play our finals.
Saints fans have slowly been losing there passion over the years. I, and a couple of mates gave up our reserved seats on the lower level at Etihad(bay 36) a few years back because we were told to sit down after cheering too passionatey!!!! :evil: I swear some theatre goers think they're at the ballad!
Back to Sat night though. Just watched a replay, and it sounded on TV like we outnumbered the Dawks. Think the umpiring had something to do with that. But well done to those who did attend.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:
matrix wrote:ive walked from the dome to the G quite a few times
its not that far

i think a lot of fans that expect to lose the game dont show up for that very reason.
us raving about it wont kick em in the ass to get there
You live at Etihad now, matrix? Lol

I too am a softcock! It was easier driving 15 minutes to watch the Suns play Freo, then to fly down to Melbourne to watch my boys.

Maybe in the future, some other softcocks could pay for my airfares with the money they save by softcocking?

I'm willing to crash at any softcock houses as long as the cocks stay soft while I'm asleep...
lol not quite
but we usually stay around near there and have walked that trip a few times
its not that bad

anyhoo
bring on the blues :?

mcadam05
Club Player

Im surprised no one has brought the style of play from last 5yrs, it was not only hard on the players doing it week in week out but god it was hard to watch and really if your a young footy fan getting into the game why on earth would you watch St Kilda play. There's no WOW factor anymore

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
satchmo wrote: The only thing worse than the softcocks that didn't go and the softcocks that whinge about it, are the softcocks running our club.
Absolutely!

A bunch of visionless twits and cheese eating surrender monkeys!

1.5 million dollar loss the year after back to back Grand Finals

The only ones left defending these dumbed down dingbats of discombobulation are clueless sheep and apologist clowns in need of a FAIR DINKUM clue!
Glad to see that we are on the same wavelength! And apologies for posting while pissed. :P
Sometimes it takes a few drinks before one opens up, starts being honest and tells it like it is!

Ok it might be baby steps for now but at least you're on the right path, keep it up, cheers

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

philtee wrote:Having the game live on telly slaughtered the crowd.
In the MCC area, there was a surprisingly good turnout of Saints faithful.

Hate to start a "those were the days" rant, but -
To anyone who says the G or Etihad are crap grounds - twenty years ago
a lof of us would have been standing for three hours on the terraces at Moorabbin,
or Kardinia Park or Windy Hill or the Western Oval, in the gravel, in the drizzle, trying to
glimpse the game over the blokes in front, with a tin shed for a toilet, and a choice of pie,
chips or feral hotdog at the food stand.
Even then, Moorabbin would pull 19,000-20,000 minimum, even when we played the new
interstate sides like Adelaide.

I'm glad we've progressed, but where are all those people ?
something to be said for that type of experience though. you're close to the action, the atmosphere is intense, and the supporters are side by side and vocal and good humoured. you don't get that at the big grounds. that's why I like supporting the boys at the vfl - and I don't attack people for not going to that.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

saintdooley wrote:
ROLS-LEE wrote:Thought you would say that Dooley. I was in Bay M5 row E and you were in row F in the cheersquad section. You either lie or have someone that looks like you with dooley on their back.

well in that case i have someone the looks like me with dooley on their back.
Perhaps the poster mistook a T for a D.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Perhaps a number of the fans are like the team at the moment - NO BELIEF !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: I didn't go last night cause I had other things on.

Maybe come up to me at the footy next time and ask me face to face, see how you go.
Yeah, we know that you had your mankini on, and that you spent the entire night in front of the mirror :shock: :roll: :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Maklom
Club Player

Question: How much bigger would the crowd have been if the game was played during the day...even in the rain?

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

I was pretty upset with the turn out as well....