VFL RD 9 - Sandy Vs Geelong -Reviews

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: VFL RD 9 - Sandy Vs Geelong -Reviews

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:I still blame Fisher for his run down in 09 GF. Didn't shepherd, didn't call him out just thought he was about to dispose and didn't back him. Secondly he is a ball carrier so is going to be subjected to more pressure than a player who dishes off as quickly as they can. His role was obviously to do the same as Gwilt- who has also been known to be run down from behind, that is to carry the all from defence and bypass the midfield with vision and precise kicking. He had a mass of possessions at Sandy last week and wouldn't be surprised if he comes in for Cripper.

Why would he come in for Cripps?

Because he appeared injured and would be a handy player despite that. Why not?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: VFL RD 9 - Sandy Vs Geelong -RADIO - Scores

plugger66 wrote:
Dave McNamara wrote:
saints66 wrote:Possible ruckmen of the top of my head .......... Keefe, Pyke, Lycett, Rowe, Paine, Gault, Stephenson, McCauley, Jenkins, among many others
Yay! Bring Back Jerker! And also Jezza! And also the crane from the Toyota ad to help 'em both get off the ground. :wink:
saints66 wrote:We do lack a couple of big tall development players to complement Fergurson. They are available in the VFL and the State Leagues. Maybe next draft the recruting department will make a couple of talls a priority.
I asked in another thread, but may have missed the answer... Khan Haretuku???

Khan has been named in the VFL squad, and was mentioned by Mark Finery as being very likely to be picked up next draft. Does anyone know what were his shortcomings that led to our letting him go, and how is he going now? Is he a possibility??? Ta.

Finey may think he will be drafted but he is to short to ruck in the AFL IMO. Lets face it the VFL may be a good comp but 95% of actually VFL players arent good enough for the AFL. he is one.
".....Haretuku slotted 4.2.

"He provided a target and was really good. He did himself no harm for the future," Goosey said.

"He's come a long way in three years."....."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/localfo ... 6369137322

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

What ethnicity is Khan Haretuku? Great name!

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:What ethnicity is Khan Haretuku? Great name!
Was born in NZ so I'm guessing Pacific Islander or the like.