Are you really happy with that?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Are you really happy with that?

To answer the question posed in the OP. errrrrrr.....NO I'm not REALLY happy with that :( ...BUT......in the context of this whole season and what was expected of us (complete meltdown after departure of "super coach RL) it wasn't ALL gloom and doom. The misses on goal from experienced forwards cost us big time, thats not an excuse, its a FACT. TWO gilt-edged chances missed shortly before half time came back to bite us. I listened to some of the experts on the radio today, and they all seem to agree that when we get the gameplan operating properly we are going to be a hard team to beat, with the bonus of being an attacking side to boot!
I'm NOT happy with the result, but I'm simply not going to buy into gloom and doom!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
The Craw
Club Player

Yeh I'm happy with that...... wasn't really expecting St Kilda to be competitive at all at the start of the season, especially after the loss to Port..... So I will take what is being dished up at the moment.

Not Craw, CRAW!
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

What's being "dished up" at the moment is preparing the way for exciting times ahead for this Club!!!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Its an illogical excuse in the context of the game weve just watched

Our side decided to "play" in the last 10 minutes- answer me that ? and spare me the "they were just sore right up till then mumbo jumbo

i thought Steven was average early - Armo too...is that age creeping in?

off the grass leo..
No it's not

We've been average early in the games where we've had either a double 6 day break, or a 6 day rest with a trip.

It wasn't just the last 10 minutes, after half way through the 2nd quarter we beat the Crows by 4 goals.

Same against the eagles, we beat them after half way through the 2nd quarter.

IMO it's illogical to think that a run of 6 day breaks has not effected our older list.
I do not accept a side can pull out 6 goals in the final qtr as "fatigued"
early but fresh with 12 minutes left.

Stop the excuses - the coach doesnt accept them and neither should we.

“Yeah….nah””
gringo
Saintsational Legend

no one wants to lose all I'm saying is honourable losses are much easier to swallow than disinterested players throwing the towel in when the game gets tough.

We were 3 wins and a draw at the same point last year won't we? We came home hard and some of the exuberant youthful teams started falling away. I'm hoping the old solid players will come into their own. Mc Evoy will be better for game time and will improve, Schniedes is looking better each game, Saad back, Simpkin back, Fisher and Gwilt getting back to full pace.
The second half looks alright to me.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

gringo wrote:no one wants to lose all I'm saying is honourable losses are much easier to swallow than disinterested players throwing the towel in when the game gets tough.

We were 3 wins and a draw at the same point last year won't we? We came home hard and some of the exuberant youthful teams started falling away. I'm hoping the old solid players will come into their own. Mc Evoy will be better for game time and will improve, Schniedes is looking better each game, Saad back, Simpkin back, Fisher and Gwilt getting back to full pace.
The second half looks alright to me.
Never happy with a loss but I think we can attribute a major part of the loss to the draw. Our blokes looked out on the feet for the first half and it was only their character and quality that got them back into the game. It is no coincidence that every game we have lost this year has been against teams with tall dominant forwards - we simply dont have a match up to compete with them. A tall ready to go defender must be a priority at seasons end - shortly followed by a competent ruckman!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

imo we did not decide to play in just the last 10 mins
what i noticed was that (down our end in the 4th) we got the footy into the hands of chips about 4 or 5 times
each time it resulted in a scoring opp

maybe this happened down the other ends in other quarters but it wasnt as noticeable to me

i picked them by 32
was only 16 mins out

few players quiet
kozi milne bj gram milera

Buckets
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:imo we did not decide to play in just the last 10 mins
what i noticed was that (down our end in the 4th) we got the footy into the hands of chips about 4 or 5 times
each time it resulted in a scoring opp

maybe this happened down the other ends in other quarters but it wasnt as noticeable to me

i picked them by 32
was only 16 mins out

few players quiet
kozi milne bj gram milera
Thought that getting Sam as the spare was vital to us and unfortunately we didn't utilise that until the last quarter.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Ajantis
Club Player

I would like to see more shepherds happening with st.kilda. Also everytime st.kilda get the ball from ball-up they seem to bomb it forward, which normally resulted in the opponents marking too many times.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ajantis wrote:I would like to see more shepherds happening with st.kilda. Also everytime st.kilda get the ball from ball-up they seem to bomb it forward, which normally resulted in the opponents marking too many times.
Really good post.

I noticed how well Crows protect the guy with the footy - you cant get near him.

We dont do so well here IMO.

Good pick up.

“Yeah….nah””
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

As disappointing and frustrating as most of our losses have been I’m reasonably happy and comfortable with how the first half of the season has gone.

I think for most of us our expectations were fairly low in the pre season and they didn’t really increase after Round 1. It was always going to be difficult adjusting to a new game plan and introducing new players. Injuries, though few, have been to key players and that hasn’t helped.

Bottom line is we’re 6 and 6 and may have to go 7 and 3 from here to get in.

If we’re good enough we can do it and if we’re not well there’s probably not much point worrying about it.

Having said that, I respect individuals’ rights to be either very happy or very angry about our performance to date. We are all different after all. 8-)

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Dr Spaceman wrote:...I respect individuals... We are all different after all. 8-)
... :wink:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen: