Lockett's move to Sydney was financed by the AFL

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Superstar
Club Player

Re: Lockett's move to Sydney was financed by the AFL

stevie wrote:
BigMart wrote:They will never take away the exhilarating feeling the players/fans felt on that day..... And that's what it's all about.

After that day, it's just a memory supported by a tin cup.

Players will still regard themselves a winning the GF... Whether the records state it, why.... Because they have the memory of having done so...

The club lost some face, but that's about it...
Exactly. No one in the NRL really cares about the 'stripping of the flags'. It was just a gesture and nothing else. I doubt very much that the Storm fans burnt their GF DVDs. Did the players hand back their medals? Well, maybe they had to but it was nothing but a hollow thing and was totally meaningless.
Have heard Storm players say them will still have GF reunions etc..

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The legitimacy of them is forever tainted. In NSW plenty hate the storm and don't rate their wins as they cheated.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
desertsaint wrote:
Did you read my post? It's like you're on autopilot.

I read it. I will give this scenario and an honest answer would be good. Adelaide won the flag last year. Tippett is found to have been paid over the salary cap. They take the flag off Adelaide and suspend all the officials involved.

Would you think the penalty if the right one on Tippett?
Would you think the other players should be penalised equally as him when they had nothing to do with it?
Would the media think Tippett got significant punishment?
Would you be happy Sydney have him in round one?
Would there be an uproar on here saying Sydney get preferential treatment?

Ive probably got more but I would be interested in those answers and please be honest.

And the above have exactly what to do with the fact that the Storm players received nothing, according to you?
All you have to do is answer - 'be honest' - did they receive a punishment (i.e. loss of premierships and a chance of another) or not?
/
I don't give two hoots about Tippett and any of the scenarios you've outlined. Never commented on them. It's like we're racing in a sprint and you suddenly leap over an imaginary hurdle and insist I need to jump as well.
Didnt this start because you disagreed with me that Tippett got enough if not to much of a penalty. Of course it relevant because your reasoning is the storm players who cheated got enough of a penalty. Sounds like by answering you will destroy your own argument. Thats fine but just tell instead of talking double dutch.

And yes the storm players got a penalty but the ones who didnt cheat got exactly the same but even then they still feel like they won the flag. No extra penalty for those who stuffed up the club or the supporters though.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
desertsaint wrote:
Didnt this start because you disagreed with me that Tippett got enough if not to much of a penalty.
no it didn't. you're arguing Tippett with someone else - possibly yourself?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
desertsaint wrote:
Didnt this start because you disagreed with me that Tippett got enough if not to much of a penalty.
no it didn't. you're arguing Tippett with someone else - possibly yourself?

Sorry I thought the first thing you wrote was "Tippett got bugger all in comparision" Must have been someone else with the exact same nick.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Plug you were arguing over Tippett's punishment (not with me) with some poor bugger who was probably right but gave up exasperated and then said this to support your point.

plugger66 wrote:
The Storm players didnt get anything at all and look how seriously the NRL took that.

So, after picking myself up off the floor I wrote:
Tippett got bugger all in comparison. They lost the biggest prize of their footballing life. And given a full season with nothing to play for except pride. Massive punishment. Imagine the afl finding out in 2011 that in Geelong's flags in 07 and 09 a few players were drug assisted. Then they take away both premierships and in 2011 award no points for any games, dooming them to last place. And the players have that full season to run.
That is what happened to the Storm players!

I don't care about what he got - never argued if it was fair or not - my point, yet again - as bleedingly obvious as it is - is that the storm players got a massive punishment.
You, knowing that you were about as wrong as the designer of the Hindenburg when he said 'helium, hydrogen, who cares?',
invented an argument about Tippett, that we never had.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:Plug you were arguing over Tippett's punishment (not with me) with some poor bugger who was probably right but gave up exasperated and then said this to support your point.

plugger66 wrote:
The Storm players didnt get anything at all and look how seriously the NRL took that.

So, after picking myself up off the floor I wrote:
Tippett got bugger all in comparison. They lost the biggest prize of their footballing life. And given a full season with nothing to play for except pride. Massive punishment. Imagine the afl finding out in 2011 that in Geelong's flags in 07 and 09 a few players were drug assisted. Then they take away both premierships and in 2011 award no points for any games, dooming them to last place. And the players have that full season to run.
That is what happened to the Storm players!

I don't care about what he got - never argued if it was fair or not - my point, yet again - as bleedingly obvious as it is - is that the storm players got a massive punishment.
You, knowing that you were about as wrong as the designer of the Hindenburg when he said 'helium, hydrogen, who cares?',
invented an argument about Tippett, that we never had.

I mentioned Tippett because someone else did. Maybe you should read through it. You mentioned the word comparison. Anyway we differ a fair bit on the punishment the cheating Melbourne storm players go and also the penalty the ones who has nothing to do with it got. They got exactly the same. I think I am on topic here if i ask you this question. Does that seem fair to you?

i also differ that it was a great penalty anyway. They keep every memory of the game, the DVD, The medal if they get one in the NRL and i bet their friends dont mention they actually lost those GF's. The only penalty they really got was playing a season for nothing which is big penalty but the whole club got that, not just the guys who cheated. The club lost the cup and the supporters see a blank in the winner of the premiership those years.

And dont worry I have picked myself up off the floor a few times on this thread when you wouldnt even answer basic questions even if you think it was off topic which IMO it wasnt anyway.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

God love you plugger. You endure!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:God love you plugger. You endure!

Thanks and neither of us got personnal.