The Reason We'll Be Bottom For A Few Years

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Re: The Reason We'll Be Bottom For A Few Years

plugger66 wrote:...in 2002...Lenny has the potential...
You are an absolute disgrace. I can remember Kevin Sheedy saying in 1999 that Lenny Hayes was already a great player. Were you drugged and drunk all those years in between? And you think the Dud is better? Now and at any stage? Your inability to recognise the talent of players is a characteristic of dead set losers. They become apologists for what is current and blind to what is possible. Drop dead.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

And this thread started off so well.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

My kids watched the youtube clip of Scott and Mal Michael crunching Nick Riewoldt after hearing about Roo saying Goddard can get offered tissues now.

We had a kick arse team then and a super nice list. We gave Ross Lyon a ferrari list and got back an old commodore on blocks with a couple of panels missing.

We need to get creative just to hold off the slide down - we can't afford a 0 year bottom out.

We should be looking at guys like Miles Sewell who will get in the votes every week in the VFL and has won more awards at that level than it's worth mentioning. Lourey and Simpson at the Dolphin are both about 22 and are big units. There are plenty outside the system that we shoulkd be researching. The big man from Tassie and another from SA that I have forgotten the names of etc.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:
You are an absolute disgrace. I can remember Kevin Sheedy saying in 1999 that Lenny Hayes was already a great player. Were you drugged and drunk all those years in between? And you think the Dud is better? Now and at any stage? Your inability to recognise the talent of players is a characteristic of dead set losers. They become apologists for what is current and blind to what is possible. Drop dead.

Perfectionist you are losing the plot. When did i ever say jack was better. never not once but unlike you i dont insult a saints player who can play and call him a dud. i am still unconvinced you arent 10 years of age like you sounded that other time you quit the forum. I beleive you are over 60 but obviously with serious issues. Drop dead is interesting. Forgot your medication obviously. And I reckon Sheedy never said lenny was a great player in his first year. please dont insult us with your lies.

I think Lenny and Rooy are in our top 22 players ever at this club. i dont reckon Jack is anywhere near it yet. Now get that into your 10 year old head.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Gringo wrote

'We had a kick arse team then and a super nice list. We gave Ross Lyon a ferrari list and got back an old commodore on blocks with a couple of panels missing.'

Nicely put. Had a good chuckle with that one

Saints94
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:

Perfectionist you are losing the plot. When did i ever say jack was better. never not once but unlike you i dont insult a saints player who can play and call him a dud. i am still unconvinced you arent 10 years of age like you sounded that other time you quit the forum. I beleive you are over 60 but obviously with serious issues. Drop dead is interesting. Forgot your medication obviously. And I reckon Sheedy never said lenny was a great player in his first year. please dont insult us with your lies.

I think Lenny and Rooy are in our top 22 players ever at this club. i dont reckon Jack is anywhere near it yet. Now get that into your 10 year old head.
Hahaha you crack me up Plugger, I can't quite figure out if your putting on an act or if you sit there and CONSTANTLY pick up on everyone's faults? anyway you must like being the person most people hate (the bad guy), like seriously i have been on this forum longer than you not by much and you have over 30,000 posts compared to me who just hit the 3000 mark... in my opinion that is someone screaming out to be heard.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

for the record sheedy also said Kosi would win a brownlow .....

it looks like i stirred a hornets nest with this .. the point im was trying to make is that until 2004 (possibly 2003) Lenny was not a genuine A grader he was a great player yes and you could see the writing on the wall he was going to be an A grade player but he hadnt hit that mark yet .... i see Armo in the same place in his first few he was good without being great this year he has been great pretty much every game next year i am hoping he becomes an A grader that would be in the HS top 50 players

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
perfectionist wrote: You are an absolute disgrace. I can remember Kevin Sheedy saying in 1999 that Lenny Hayes was already a great player. Were you drugged and drunk all those years in between? And you think the Dud is better? Now and at any stage? Your inability to recognise the talent of players is a characteristic of dead set losers. They become apologists for what is current and blind to what is possible. Drop dead.

Hahaha you crack me up Plugger, I can't quite figure out if your putting on an act or if you sit there and CONSTANTLY pick up on everyone's faults? anyway you must like being the person most people hate (the bad guy), like seriously i have been on this forum longer than you not by much and you have over 30,000 posts compared to me who just hit the 3000 mark... in my opinion that is someone screaming out to be heard.

Is that you homework? I suppose calling Jack a dud is fine by you. To me it shows no footy knowledge at all and will tell anyone that who says it. Ok to have an opinion but it has to be a little informed at least.

Saints94
SS Life Member

I think Lenny and Rooy are in our top 22 players ever at this club. i dont reckon Jack is anywhere near it yet. Now get that into your 10 year old head.[/quote]
Hahaha you crack me up Plugger, I can't quite figure out if your putting on an act or if you sit there and CONSTANTLY pick up on everyone's faults? anyway you must like being the person most people hate (the bad guy), like seriously i have been on this forum longer than you not by much and you have over 30,000 posts compared to me who just hit the 3000 mark... in my opinion that is someone screaming out to be heard.[/quote]

Is that you homework? I suppose calling Jack a dud is fine by you. To me it shows no footy knowledge at all and will tell anyone that who says it. Ok to have an opinion but it has to be a little informed at least.[/quote]

Yes it is Plugger. long memory you have. this has nothing to do with Jack Steven actually. Its about you as an individual over time. anyway I gave my 5c worth.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

cwrcyn wrote:Gringo wrote

'We had a kick arse team then and a super nice list. We gave Ross Lyon a ferrari list and got back an old commodore on blocks with a couple of panels missing.'

Nicely put. Had a good chuckle with that one
Me Too!

Gold, Jerry, GOLD!! :lol:

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Please don't compare Lenny Hayes

A superstar

And a guy who is in his sixth season... Finished 9th in one B&F and has only been a regular for a few seasons a and butchers the ball...

A guy who is the second best player at an AFL team is already a great player, Lenny was super in 2002 and was highly rated already internally and in the AFL...

Burkie had already compared him to the greatest...

You're just trying to argue, and for what..,,... Seriously it's hilarious....

One reply by another has cracked me up...

Such a smug person.... With nothing.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Please don't compare Lenny Hayes

A superstar

And a guy who is in his sixth season... Finished 9th in one B&F and has only been a regular for a few seasons a and butchers the ball...

A guy who is the second best player at an AFL team is already a great player, Lenny was super in 2002 and was highly rated already internally and in the AFL...

Burkie had already compared him to the greatest...

You're just trying to argue, and for what..,,... Seriously it's hilarious....

One reply by another has cracked me up...

Such a smug person.... With nothing.

Is that me you are talking to? i thought you werent going to take any notice of what i said and it seems you have stuck to your word because I never compared Steven to Lenny in any post on here. Show me if you have the guts otherwise you are just continuing for lying from last night. Like i said you must be Jim Carrey.

And now you just make up statement like Burkie had already compared him to the greatest in 2002. That is made up lies Jim.

So lets see just on this thread you lied about Lenny being very good in 2001, Me comparing jack to Lenny, You not answering my posts and Burkie comparing him to the greatest in 2002.

Like I said there are few who beleive your lies but most are on to you. Your continual lying to prove people wrong is waking a few up and even more have woken up to your negative posting.

You are a funny man Jim Carrey.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Lenny was always a promising kid but he really became that dominant mid after Harvey left. He was probably close to a grade for a long time but he took it to a new level around 09. Sometimes the champ leaving lets the underling rise to the top.

We are not necessarily down for any length of time. Recruiting well makes or breaks you.

Melbourne took Toumpas instead of Olly Wines and could be the difference in another few wins and the whole attitude of the club lifts. Geelong had an off year and get Joel selwood. Luck can fall your way- Tigers had 10 bad years and two good ones and started the climb back up. Just sit back and cross your fingers that we have a good system and people.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Gringo

Lenny was already better than Harves in 2003. Definitely in 2004 and was in the best in the AFL in 2005

P66
Burkie made direct comparisons between Harves and Lenny and in particular their ability to their baulk, and clean hands... Can't teach that.

Face it man.... You've made a silly call.... Stats, memory and common sense is what you're up against.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Gringo

Lenny was already better than Harves in 2003. Definitely in 2004 and was in the best in the AFL in 2005

P66
Burkie made direct comparisons between Harves and Lenny and in particular their ability to their baulk, and clean hands... Can't teach that.

Face it man.... You've made a silly call.... Stats, memory and common sense is what you're up against.

Was bakes a great player? Is Armo now a great player or Jack or ben?

And you can honestly rmember the year Burkie said that? What a friggin liar you are.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Of course I can remember that.... If you ever chat to Burkie ask him, actually I will hunt down the quote, just for you....

I was a huge Lenny fan when I was at Cheltenham and argued massively with another PE teacher ATT who said he wasn't as good as Shane o'bree or Ben Johnson... I remember it well... The quote that is, because I used it....

Collingwood supporters, I rate them very lowly.... Just a smidgen below.....

Bakes
Indeed a great player F*** yeah..... Almost a champion.... Well he was actually a club champion.

Armo.... No... Approaching a good AFL footballer. Some limitations

Steven.... No .... No composure, poor decision maker, obviously sloppy disposal.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Of course I can remember that.... If you ever chat to Burkie ask him, actually I will hunt down the quote, just for you....

I was a huge Lenny fan when I was at Cheltenham and argued massively with another PE teacher ATT who said he wasn't as good as Shane o'bree or Ben Johnson... I remember it well... The quote that is, because I used it....

Collingwood supporters, I rate them very lowly.... Just a smidgen below.....

Bakes
Indeed a great player F*** yeah..... Almost a champion.... Well he was actually a club champion.

Armo.... No... Approaching a good AFL footballer. Some limitations

Steven.... No .... No composure, poor decision maker, obviously sloppy disposal.

Were you at Chelt high? Well there you go. What happens if Armo or Jack come second or win the B&F? By the way if you keep answering me arent you lying?

...... good......

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Then they will have improved from where they currently sit... To better

Armitage would be sitting 2nd IMO in the B&F right now

Steven top 5

It's only 4 games in

Explain how I'm lying again...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Then they will have improved from where they currently sit... To better

Armitage would be sitting 2nd IMO in the B&F right now

Steven top 5

It's only 4 games in

Explain how I'm lying again...

You told everyone on here you wouldnt answer my threads and now you have. i call that a lie. You will obviously come up with some excuse.

Anyway its funny that you used Lenny's second in a B&F to somehow prove he was a great player in 2002. It seems different rules apply. I suppose it is easy in hindsight to say Lenny was great in 2002. I reckon 95% of people back then would have said Lenny had the potential to be a great player. Probably pretty much what Burkie would have said but no way you will admit it. Lenny had a very good 2002 in a very poor side. Worst than this years side. He was great in a better side in 2003 and continued to improve.

ace
Saintsational Legend

It has nothing to do with experience, it has everything to do with our players not being as good as those at other clubs.
When our inexperienced players have played 200 games they still won't be as good as the 200 gamers at other clubs.
Our players will try their very best but you can't turn a Holden into a Porsche let alone a Bugatti Veyron by giving it experience.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not easy to play well for a young mid (or any mid) in a crap team.... You probably wouldn't realise that. Much easier to perform when your winning. Easier to stand out .... No doubt, but to do that you must be made of something... Be a great player
I reckon you should ask Watts, Trengrove, Grimes and co. how tough it is??? They can't perform at their best, which they would in a better team......

Face it, Lenny was almost carrying a crap team in 2002 as a young man..... Leading many team stats.... He was a great player, I'll go a step further.... Your inference about him being potentially great, would have been levelled in his first year... When he was a rising star...

On the 'lie'
Already answered that... I do that a bit, but you don't either read or take notice...

I said, for the forum's sake ill give it a rest, and I did! For a period..... As I posted before... It was quite relaxing not buying into your crap. But the other day I decided to respond to some garbage. Then took a day or so again, like ill do now.
What I found funny, because I continued to read threads, was the replies you made to other posters seemed to get nastier?! Wonder if you missed me?

You get so many people offside with your put downs... Yet you have posted (boasted) about how popular you are, considered yourself a great bloke ..... A social hero of sorts... But on here your detested. Interesting?!

Either
Your a keyboard hero, and a reasonable bloke in real life
Or
The same in real life, therefore a liar?!

Either way, whatever.......

Another few days of not responding now
Bye

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Remember back in 2001 to 2003 GT got heaps of games into the kids.

Dal played a full season as an 18 year old for instance.

The thing is, those kids showed a lot more potential early than any of our kids have to date over the last few years that have debuted, apart from Wright.

Too early to call re the current crop though

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Dal played a full season as an 18 year old for instance...
He did, mostly on interchange. Nick only played 8 games the following year, because of a quad injury (his only significant injury in his career). However, there is a big difference in playing blokes like the two Nick's, Kosi, Luke and Brendon. They were high quality players to start with. Subequent high draft picks Raph (8), Ben and David (both 9) and Tom Lynch (13) were not so obvious. Two are gone and the other two are good average players. As for the rest of our "kids", the last piece of "luck" or "good recruiting" in second or third round picks was Sam Fisher in 2003 at pick 55. The cupboard has been bare since then. Then look at Geelong, Collingwood and Sydney. They have second, third and even fourth round picks galore, most of whom have got to hold a cup. "Luck" or "good recruiting" ? Who knows? If it's luck - our run of bad luck just goes on and on.