Gee that Steven is a dud

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Gee that Steven is a dud

Omg

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Jack is becoming quite Ablett-like in his ability to evade tacklers and keep his poise in even the heaviest traffic. Was left alone today to do what he wanted which won't happen every week. But he's becoming a genuine A-grade player.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:Jack is becoming quite Ablett-like in his ability to evade tacklers and keep his poise in even the heaviest traffic. Was left alone today to do what he wanted which won't happen every week.
I thought Crowley went to him for the first fifteen minutes, but that didn't seem to continue for the rest of the game. Weird coaching? Or is Jack just very hard to tag?

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

A 47 pos dud lol

Fortius Quo Fidelius
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Omg
yep.
holy smokes this kid has just about everything you want in a footballer.

worth the price of admission by himself.

dead ringer for a teenage Banger, and we all saw how that ended up rather well.

:)

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Tried to type Dud 47 times on my iPad. Was too hard. I just haven't got the patience.

Among a lot a big ticks for Jack's improvement this year, he is now fine when he has to kick on his left. Up until the earlier part of the year, he would still kick with the outside of his right, rather than use his left.

Given the way he built his tank over the pre-season, so that he now runs out games better than anyone in the side who has to work through the middle, and the areas of his game we're seeing him improve, I think the kid must be very coachable.

He's now explosive and durable and players like that are a very, very rare commodity. He'll keep improving and as he starts to get more help I reckon li'l Jack will enter the ranks of the elite midfielders within the next 2 years. And, by elite, I mean the top 6-10 mid's in the comp.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:Among a lot a big ticks for Jack's improvement this year, he is now fine when he has to kick on his left. Up until the earlier part of the year, he would still kick with the outside of his right, rather than use his left.

Given the way he built his tank over the pre-season, so that he now runs out games better than anyone in the side who has to work through the middle, and the areas of his game we're seeing him improve, I think the kid must be very coachable.

He's now explosive and durable and players like that are a very, very rare commodity. He'll keep improving and as he starts to get more help I reckon li'l Jack will enter the ranks of the elite midfielders within the next 2 years. And, by elite, I mean the top 6-10 mid's in the comp.
I'll see your elite and raise my elite.

My definition of ELITE (with a little bit stolen from Chris Pelchen) is THREE. That is THREE, in any combination of All Australians and B&Fs. And YES, I think Jack can get there. Maybe the 1st of the THREE on Friday Night !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

seems he may not have gotten Ross's 5 votes- Joey just pipping him if comments on game day could be extrapolated.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107