Round 18 Team v Geelong

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Re: Round 18 Team v Geelong

Sacking coaches threads on footy forums pale into insignificance once the journos/media start running with that thought.

Those farkers never stop until they get their man, then deny they helped cause it...

Look at Neelds career, those farkers were relentless from the start until he was ousted.

I have zero time for reporters.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote:Sacking coaches threads on footy forums pale into insignificance once the journos/media start running with that thought.

Those farkers never stop until they get their man, then deny they helped cause it...

Look at Neelds career, those farkers were relentless from the start until he was ousted.

I have zero time for reporters.
Bloody agree there. Hirds next just watch the vultures come

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

ShanghaiSaint wrote:opinions are welcome, but you notice this trend alot when we lose.. i am yet to see a sack watters thread yet after a strong game or a win.
And this surprises you? I don't often hear people complaining about the hot weather in the middle of winter either, maybe that's because people are vaguely rational.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I think things are good when you have three exciting emergencies in Wright, Ross, and Dunell

and when you think of the players we have out as mentioned a few posts earlier...

things not so bad, scrap this year, just get games into the young guns and remain competitive

sorry, that's a bit of a Watters mantra isn't it? but it's true

I've been on Stanley's case lately, but fairly, we need for him to come on. just need to persevere I reckon and hope for further development. he's probably learnt a lot this year. which may give him more confidence to develop an all round game. or simply become a pretty useful ruckman.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Saint wagga
Club Player

I reckon this year has been really good getting games into a few key areas. As was mentioned earlier, we couldn't get a ruck man on the park last year for about 4-6 weeks mid season. This year Stanley is on track to chalk up near 20 games and end the year around 40 total, big boy has clocked up another 20 odd games to build his tally into the "prime" zone and after a frustrating injury riddled first half of the year, hickey is on track to chalk up 10 games for the season to go with his ?12 games over 2 years at the coasters. I think we'll see that ruck depth really benefit in the next 2-5 yrs. Lewis price also looks a likely type from my brief vfl viewing, longer term project, but it's all about quality depth. Keen to see selection persevere with hickey big boy and Stanley if all fit. I totally agree Stanley will probably not be a full back, but perhaps the lighter workload has helped get his body through a full season, its pretty well agreed that power forward takes a physical toll. When the time is right, be it injury, form, I hope he gets his chance as ruck forward where the benefits of this years games comes through. All speculation, but that's my honest thoughts on ruck stocks. Absolutely no idea why we have persevered so long with multiple small forwards when we seem to have a plethora of young mids who could have clicked up games as small forwards rotating through, ala jack Steven through Ross Lyons era. Geez it's a shame we couldn't see Ross Lyon develop a list, I'm sure he'd be a gun, such a tough nut. Miss his leadership!