Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: trade rumours

If Melbourne get pick 2 & 3 I think I will seriously spew.

They already have Trengove, Watts, Viney, Barry, Toumpas, Hogan, Cook.

Thats 7 high/first round picks under 23 yo - compared to us - 1 - Tom Lee.

7-1 already and they want to make that 9-1 before we get a pick and we are only one position above them? Eff off. They shouldnt get any priority at all when you look at it.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 05 Sep 2013 8:18pm, edited 3 times in total.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Josh Bruce would be a great pick up - go SAINTS lets hope we can swing it and collect another KPP like Ben Griffiths also.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
Josh Bruce would be a great pick up - go SAINTS lets hope we can swing it and collect another KPP like Ben Griffiths also.

"Bruce? Delicious..."

spot on
Club Player

Would be stoked if we could pick up both of those boys. Both around 21 years old too. Hopefully we can get Bruce cheaper than what we did a deal for hickey, need to keep those early picks for quality mids

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:If Melbourne get pick 2 & 3 I think I will seriously spew.

7-1 already and they want to make that 9-1 before we get a pick and we are only one position above them? Eff off. They shouldnt get any priority at all when you look at it.
Agree Con, they have had enough chances and if we drop down a spot I will be pissed. Has a decision been made on that? What are the requirements for them to get get a priority pick?

I love this club
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
Agree Con, they have had enough chances and if we drop down a spot I will be pissed. Has a decision been made on that? What are the requirements for them to get get a priority pick?

AFL discretion.
No decision has been made.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:

AFL discretion.
No decision has been made.
Decision will be made on Brownlow day, so you can pretty safely assume they'll give Melbourne the PP as the AFL tend to release unpopular decisions on days that there are bigger stories in the limelight... Only question is whether it'll be at the beginning or end of the first round.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

The AFL have already released picks 1-9 - with 9 going to GWS, so I very much doubt Melbourne will get pick 3, they will get a priority imo, but it will be at the end of the first round, meaning we will get pick 22, not 21.

There are a couple of hbf's who could be of interest, namely Weller and Docherty, but both would have to have our confidence that they will become midfielders because we have sooo many already to play that role.

GWS have Davis, Mohr, Jacksh, Corr, Bruce, on their list, thats 5 very promising tall defenders under the age of 25 and they still have a couple more on the list who could potentially come on too (like Frost). If we can snare Bruce, on a massively front ended contract it would be a fantastic get for us. Another defender, like Luke Thompson, or Griffiths would be handy. As long as we don't go for McKernan.

As for mids, I think young Adams will be a fantastic get, he is such a great age and we have the cash to splash, will come in day one and form part of the new midfield. I don't think Martin is genuinely available, good on the club for driving up his price or at least looking into him though. Conca still hasn't signed, but don't know much about him. Obviously we'd try our best to get a mid in the draft, Aish is a no brainer if Boyd is gone, if he is gone, then to get one of Scharenberg, Kelly or Billings wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I personally don't believe we need all of Gwilt, Fisher, Robbo, Gilbert, Ferg, Simpkin, Dempster, and whoever we get in trade/draft to play key position on the list. Therefore, see what we can get for Gwilt, Simpkin, Dempster, Fish or *cough* Ferg. They may well be a sweetener in a trade to GWS.

Our forwardline of White, Stanley, Lee, and a combination of Sippo, Murdoch, is enough going forward. Thats why I believe we make a big play for Boyd. White is so raw, he could be something, but he is as far from a sure thing as we can get. Boyd however, whilst he isn't a sure thing either (noone is), is the type of player who you can build a team around from a structural point of view. He would actually compliment White and Lee really well.

Which leaves Stanley, personally, while we have put a lot of work into him, I would be comfortable in seeing a trade for pick one involving Stanley while he still has the 'potential tag'.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Talking of HBF's, my Richmond mate says we are right into Jake Batchelor

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

St Ick if the Stanley trade got us Pick 1 then I would be all for it also ! Would mean that Big Mac stays and if so can the club please get him a quality rucking coach?

CeilidhSaint I doubt we would be interested in Bachelor we have a too many of his type already on our list. Perhaps your friend has him confused with Ben Griffiths?

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

WinnersOnly wrote:St Ick if the Stanley trade got us Pick 1 then I would be all for it also ! Would mean that Big Mac stays and if so can the club please get him a quality rucking coach?

CeilidhSaint I doubt we would be interested in Bachelor we have a too many of his type already on our list. Perhaps your friend has him confused with Ben Griffiths?
It would take a lot to pry pick 1 away from GWS, Stanley, McEvoy, Armo, Dal, pick 22, Gwilt, Gilbert, Ferg, Fisher - all would be on the table for the right trade, the right trade including the likes of Bruce, Adams, pick 9 or pick 1 coming back to us.

Obviously a combination of who they want from that list and let's get a deal done.

Strength through Loyalty
lloyd21
Club Player

Think Josh Bruce's manager might have had a visit from Watters & Pelican few weeks back.

Quiet mail is North want Dal Santo I don't want him to go but early draft pick & Daniel Currie from them then McEvoy would be danger of going to Gws for early pick and Adams if cards fall this way.

Pelchen did say unpopular decision was going to be made.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Forgot to mention, Mitchie for Ledger would be a promising trade for us

Strength through Loyalty
dragit
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote:Think Josh Bruce's manager might have had a visit from Watters & Pelican few weeks back.

Quiet mail is North want Dal Santo I don't want him to go but early draft pick & Daniel Currie from them then McEvoy would be danger of going to Gws for early pick and Adams if cards fall this way.

But as you mentioned earlier, North will likely have to use their first pick on McDonald… which could make their second pick around 30 (after FA compo's & priorities)…

Surely we aren't going to trade Dal for pick 30 ? Even if it comes with an average ruckmen.

If Dal leaves, someone has to pay top dollar.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I can't see opposition clubs falling over themselves to secure a Saints ruckman who doesn't win many ruck contests, and pay a high price for him as well....

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
lloyd21
Club Player

Agree with you so will be interesting .

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Regarding McEvoy who really knows? Especially with it known that he tops our 3km time trials beating home most midfielders. That will definitely push up his value considering the interchange cap from next year onwards in a similar way the new ruck rules pushed up Hickeys value during trade period last year.

McEvoy is contracted, and word is GWS have been keen on Mummy and Bellchambers anyway so chances of him going are slim anyway.

Strength through Loyalty
dragit
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Regarding McEvoy who really knows? Especially with it known that he tops our 3km time trials beating home most midfielders. That will definitely push up his value considering the interchange cap from next year onwards in a similar way the new ruck rules pushed up Hickeys value during trade period last year.

McEvoy is contracted, and word is GWS have been keen on Mummy and Bellchambers anyway so chances of him going are slim anyway.
Imagine Sydney or Essendon landing pick 1 somehow…

We need a spew emoticon.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

CeilidhSaint wrote:Talking of HBF's, my Richmond mate says we are right into Jake Batchelor
Heard this one a few times myself

Sainter for life.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:
St Ick wrote:Regarding McEvoy who really knows? Especially with it known that he tops our 3km time trials beating home most midfielders. That will definitely push up his value considering the interchange cap from next year onwards in a similar way the new ruck rules pushed up Hickeys value during trade period last year.

We need a spew emoticon.
Surely not, I would hope to hell the best Essendon could hope for would be pick 19, or maybe Adams?

I think it sucks that they are able to trade their way back into the first couple of rounds, they should get an Adelaide type penalty to not allow them to trade in the first year... actually, wait, what about their bloody 'compensation pick' they are getting next year? Anyway, moving on...

Add Tomlinson to the backs on the Giants list. That makes 6 really top quality talls under the age of 25, not mentioning talls like Frost etc.

Just heard Barrett about Dal. What about Longer?! And Docherty. Mitchie? My heads about to explode.

I would happily move McEvoy or/and Stanley on and find a way to snare Longer, Currie or Boyd.

Geeez, too much to digest!!

Strength through Loyalty
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Well if you were the number one Draft Pick and clubs entered into a trade that saw you land at Essendon, and then the Bombers got done for danking and became a hopeless rabble, you'd be mighty peeved.

Not sure what legal options you'd have but you'd certainly get Dennis Denuto to take a look at it.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:

We need a spew emoticon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Before Im 85
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:If Melbourne get pick 2 & 3 I think I will seriously spew.

Melbourne actually has a very good list that just needs development. they have good KPPs good mids that need experience and even ruck stocks. i hate to say it but they could do a Port Adelaide in the next couple of years and leave us wallowing down the bottom. howe and watts will be a very good key forward duo and then they have Hogan, we all know what Frawley can do, they lack midfield experience and need an attitude change but they actually are really under performing for what they have currently.

they are drug cheats who have the AFL paying their way and are getting cherry picked staffers from them. Then there was the tanking. So they were fined then given the money back, then took drugs and will be fined but given a coach on $4 trillion dollars a year? Wow.

Richter
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:
lloyd21 wrote:Think Josh Bruce's manager might have had a visit from Watters & Pelican few weeks back.

But as you mentioned earlier, North will likely have to use their first pick on McDonald… which could make their second pick around 30 (after FA compo's & priorities)…

Surely we aren't going to trade Dal for pick 30 ? Even if it comes with an average ruckmen.

If Dal leaves, someone has to pay top dollar.
Dal + #60----> North for #30, Currie, #48
McEvoy + #30 -------> GWS for #10, Bruce

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Kickit
Club Player

Why does anyone think Currie would be any better than Pattison, Rix or other VFL standard ruckmen. 24 and never got a game. I'd rather Rookie Sikura, Gabriel, Ben Brown.

If we trade DalSanto for a good pick he makes room on the list by himself.
Include Currie and we have to delist someone else as well. Who are we delisting for Currie?