Keep Dal At Saints Campaign

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Keep Dal At Saints Campaign

St Lenny wrote:It really gets up my nose when people say a player doesn't look interested. What a crock of ....... And what does that look like. I can't believe the rubbish people say.
Really gets up my nose when people think third last is cool.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

People seem to think is about loyalty
I love dal . Super player. Super bloke. I will always respect him.
The had core reality is our club is in a terrible place due to abysmal recruitment from 2004 to 2010.
This isn't about dal. Noone wants to trade dal.
Because dal is good and a good bloke he may actually be able to help us out of our dilemma .
He gets it.
Noone wants to trade him. I'm happy If he stays .
But if he can help us getting a flag by trading for a young gun or two that's what we need to do.
Long live dal.
Reality is it probably won't happen.
Which is also good. But this is a win win not a negative.
Worst case is we lose him and gain a dud.
I don't think that will happen and if it does well we took the chance.
We need a flag .

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:People seem to think is about loyalty
The had core reality is our club is in a terrible place due to abysmal recruitment from 2004 to 2010.
Because dal is good and a good bloke he may actually be able to help us out of our dilemma .
He gets it.
But if he can help us getting a flag by trading for a young gun or two that's what we need to do.
Long live dal.
We need a flag .
No we don't we need more final round tribute games. They are way cool dude

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
kimberly saint
Club Player

He gets it.
Long live dal.
We need a flag .
i hope few people read this carefully, good post . In 5 years supporters and clubs wont blink a eye lid at player swaps trades etc, it will be the norm . I dont know phelchan but my gut feeling from wat i read and see is he will be thinking along same lines , actually i know he will be if he is worth his keep. every ones herd the old saying the club is bigger than any one player

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kimberly saint wrote:
He gets it.
Long live dal.
We need a flag .
i hope few people read this carefully, good post . In 5 years supporters and clubs wont blink a eye lid at player swaps trades etc, it will be the norm . I dont know phelchan but my gut feeling from wat i read and see is he will be thinking along same lines , actually i know he will be if he is worth his keep. every ones herd the old saying the club is bigger than any one player

Do more players actually leave clubs now than previously. reckon it is one of the great myths in footy. We still have bugger all player movement and i dont see why that will change in 5 years time. having said that I reckon people need to get used to the fact Dal is big odds to stay.

kimberly saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
kimberly saint wrote:
He gets it.
Long live dal.
We need a flag .

Do more players actually leave clubs now than previously. reckon it is one of the great myths in footy. We still have bugger all player movement and i dont see why that will change in 5 years time. having said that I reckon people need to get used to the fact Dal is big odds to stay.
you dont think more guys will be changing clubs with free agency and clubs knowing they could leave hence maybe trading them out

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kimberly saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
kimberly saint wrote:

you dont think more guys will be changing clubs with free agency and clubs knowing they could leave hence maybe trading them out

They will leave via FA but will more actually leave than 10 or 20 years ago? Its just a new way of leaving. Im only guessing but i reckon there were mores trades in the first few years of the draft than there is now. Anyway people will only care about great players leaving and not your Ledgers and so on.

kimberly saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
kimberly saint wrote:
kimberly saint wrote:

They will leave via FA but will more actually leave than 10 or 20 years ago? Its just a new way of leaving. Im only guessing but i reckon there were mores trades in the first few years of the draft than there is now. Anyway people will only care about great players leaving and not your Ledgers and so on.
i cant comment on twenty years ago bit to young , but you could be right i have no figures. It just feels like more big names seem to be leaving for bigger money, maybe its just last couple years with the new teams. Players are getting more rites so as years progress and more players use free agency i think it wont be such big deal for guys to switch clubs, bit like NRL. I hope it does not as there seems to be little loyalty in that code, but in the same sense im all for moving del on if means club moving foward quicker with players or draft picks.

asaint
Club Player

Don't think it would be wise to trade such a valuable player and clubman. Keep him and we will be better for it. He is exactly the type of person we want around the club.

Club Player

agree with the above

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Players have been changing club for as long as the game has existed.

Roy Cazaly of "Up There" fame is renowned as a South Melbourne player, however he started at Carlton reserves in 1910. They didn't look after him so he went to St Kilda and played 99 games from 1911 till 1920. In 1921 he moved to the Swans and played 99 games for them before moving to Tasmania in 1928.

Allan Hird started his career at Hawthorn in 1938 playing 14 games, then moved to Essendon where he played 102 games from 1940-'45, after which he joined St Kilda as captain-coach from 1946-47. He is James Hird's grandfather.

Ian Stewart;
Carl Ditterich;
Glenn Elliott;
Mick Malthouse;
Russell Greene;
Peter Everitt;
Tony Lockett;
Barry Hall, all Saints champions who have changed to other teams. Some wanted to, some didn't.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote: Players have been changing club for as long as the game has existed.

Ian Stewart;
Carl Ditterich;
Glenn Elliott;
Mick Malthouse;
Russell Greene;
Peter Everitt;
Tony Lockett;
Barry Hall, all Saints champions who have changed to other teams. Some wanted to, some didn't.
How about the other way

Some handy players and ......... some not so

Bill Barrot
Phil Stevens
Rex Hunt
Graeme Bond
Garry Williams
John Blair
Allan Sinclair
Jezza
Alby Smedts
Tony King
Mark Scott
Geoff Ablett
Brian Wilson
Mark Jackson
Glenn Middlemiss
Jeff Fehring
Jimmy Krakouer
Ken Sheldon
Spiro Kourkomelis
Paul Harding
Sean Ralph Smith
Steven Newport
Tim Pekin
Bernie Harris
Grant Lawrie
Max Crow
Darren Davies
Tony Antrobus
Damien Monkhurst
Tony Francis
Dale Kickett
Adrian Fletcher
Lawrence Bingham
Steven Clark
Michael Ford
Russell Morris
Darren Flanigan
Dean Anderson
Ian Aitken
Mark Arceri
Chris Wittman
David Strooper
Michael Frost
Craig O'Brien
Matthew Young
Gavin Mitchelll
Fred Campbell
Sean Charles
Justin Plapp
Tony Delaney
Mark Gale
Matthew Capuano

I think that's enough for one night :twisted:

Apologies if some of you are currently undergoing horrific flashbacks

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Mark
Club Player

KKEP DAL!

Mark
Club Player

Sorry for my fat fingers...should be KEEP DAL!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Mark wrote:Sorry for my fat fingers...should be KEEP DAL!
Actually thought it said KAPIL DEV :P

Newman
Club Player

Not happy with these updates .... KEEP DAL. North Melbourne will be the winner - not us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Newman wrote:Not happy with these updates .... KEEP DAL. North Melbourne will be the winner - not us.

I reckon that Dal is gone and it seems to me it is our club the most keen to make it happen. Pelchan would want to know what he is doing because losing great players isnt good for build support or sponsorship.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Newman wrote:Not happy with these updates .... KEEP DAL. North Melbourne will be the winner - not us.

I reckon that Dal is gone and it seems to me it is our club the most keen to make it happen. Pelchan would want to know what he is doing because losing great players isnt good for build support or sponsorship.[/quote

Wholeheartdly agree.

Could very easily all go pearshaped. I am with you Plugger, trading champions is a risky business.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dal Santo:

* Star St Kilda player (maybe a Champion depending on how you use that word)

* No ongoing injury concerns

* No decrease in performance levels

* No off field issues

I don't think we should trade him. However based on the above, if we were going to do, so he'd have to be worth a first round pick. Have to be!

If other clubs are not prepared to give that up; easy. Keep him.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I reckon that Dal is gone and it seems to me it is our club the most keen to make it happen. Pelchan would want to know what he is doing because losing great players isnt good for build support or sponsorship.
You're putting it at pelchens door?

Just curious...

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Only if....

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You're putting it at pelchens door?

Just curious...

I dont know what actually means but if you are saying is it all up to pelchan I would go with at least 90%. I reckon he is running the club and that is a real worry to me. The guy is a knob from what I have been told and that comes from the Hawks more than the Saints even though I heard that whilst he has been here as well.

Megamaguire
Club Player

Happy to keep Dal. and Montagna for that matter. Cant see the likes of North offering a realistis swap anyway.
North aim to be as colonial as the bummers and grab a class player like Dal for next to nothing. They obviously believe the Saints might just accept what they are offered.

Wouldn't be surprised if Dal; Chips and Montagna stay with us.

G O S A I N T S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

He doesn't want to leave and he's worth another 3 years. Not sure we should trade him. f*** Norf

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

Well there you go, I was hoping he was a chance to stay. Yes it seems like the Saints want to trade him - even though he wants to stay.
Not good IMO. Likely to come back and majorly bite them.........

Hold your ground :shock: