Saints in disarray

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints in disarray

Scollop wrote:If some of the older players feel like they're more important than other team members they better think again. They will most likely not be a part of the Saints next premiership challenge as players so they need to understand that the club needs to plan for the future. Get over your egos because you'll have a hard time accepting the inevitable.

I'd understand if we were in our premieship window right now that we would need to engage the senior players with drafting and recruiting and all footy department decisions but we aren't!!!

The Hawks in the lead up to the rebuild in Clarko's early years created a team of equals and the clubs goals were paramount above and beyond anything else. Shane Crawford - brownlow medalist, 4 time club best and fairest and club captain - had to relinquish the captaincy in 2005 and we also remember the furor when he was only offered 1 year contracts for the last 2 years of his career.

Likewise the board and admin at St Kilda need to make tough decisions and need to do everything possible to create a good public image and the optimal environment for sponsors and marketing of our club (e.g the decision to stand Milney down this year was wise and I also think we will honour him as a player when the time is right. Milney will get his send-off and a car parade on GF day in 2014)

The egos of senior players need to be deflated and sacrifices made to give us an opportunity to match the top teams in say 3-4 years time. Right now I believe the younger blokes in the leadership group need to engage with the coach and footy department and sell the message to all the players.

Who are these senior players who think they are more important than any other team member? Who are the senior players with the ego's that need deflating?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Are you saying that a hierarchy doesn't exist? Do you think that some of the blokes on big coin or who were on astronomical coin compared to their team mates don't have big egos?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Finey and Ch 7 only ones going with the 'explosive' cracks and dissaray.
H-S
Ch 9
Ch 10
ABC Grandstand

not touched it.

Forgot to add AW or MMM but I don't listen to them often- any mentions there? with BT etc doing crossover?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Scollop wrote:If some of the older players feel like they're more important than other team members they better think again. They will most likely not be a part of the Saints next premiership challenge as players so they need to understand that the club needs to plan for the future. Get over your egos because you'll have a hard time accepting the inevitable.

I'd understand if we were in our premieship window right now that we would need to engage the senior players with drafting and recruiting and all footy department decisions but we aren't!!!

The Hawks in the lead up to the rebuild in Clarko's early years created a team of equals and the clubs goals were paramount above and beyond anything else. Shane Crawford - brownlow medalist, 4 time club best and fairest and club captain - had to relinquish the captaincy in 2005 and we also remember the furor when he was only offered 1 year contracts for the last 2 years of his career.

Likewise the board and admin at St Kilda need to make tough decisions and need to do everything possible to create a good public image and the optimal environment for sponsors and marketing of our club (e.g the decision to stand Milney down this year was wise and I also think we will honour him as a player when the time is right. Milney will get his send-off and a car parade on GF day in 2014)

The egos of senior players need to be deflated and sacrifices made to give us an opportunity to match the top teams in say 3-4 years time. Right now I believe the younger blokes in the leadership group need to engage with the coach and footy department and sell the message to all the players.

Who are these senior players who think they are more important than any other team member? Who are the senior players with the ego's that need deflating?
Ask your third cousin...doesn't he know a bloke that is mates with someone?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why do you continue to say that rubbish. i actually told who said the information previously which is more than most on here when they say they heard crap. Talking of crap who are the cancers in the club at the moment?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:[quote="plugger66]

Why do you continue to say that rubbish. i actually told who said the information previously which is more than most on here when they say they heard crap. Talking of crap who are the cancers in the club at the moment?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

It's not rubbish and you know it...I still laugh when you post things that try and big-note yourself by trying to make-out that you have some type of credible source that tells you things that might be actual truths...and yes you did tell who your source which is making me laugh even harder...I know you are only an internet person but you are the funniest character on this board by a massive margin.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Talking of crap who are the cancers in the club at the moment?
People like you who perpetuate and spread rumours of disarray

ljpoyz
Club Player

Had a chat to a Saints player yesterday, he said he loved Watters and so does every player under 25. He embraces them and their development. A few of the older lads have their noses out of joint because they were always the focus under Ross.
He said teh young players are all very very close and all want to be a part of the next phase. They also realise they need to be patient as the rebuild wont be instant.

I guess it is hard to come to terms with being so close and now not being the focus of the club.

For those who love Ledger, he also said he was a bit shocked by it all, but that is the caper.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Talking of crap who are the cancers in the club at the moment?
People like you who perpetuate and spread rumours of disarray

Scollop how dare you. I find that post insulting. And to think I thought you really liked me. By the way I thought you posted of older players with ego issues and the like. Of course that isnt rumour, its fact. Got any names so we can confirm it though?

Jiminy Wagga
Club Player

I would like to know as well. Who are these senior players?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

ljpoyz wrote:Had a chat to a Saints player yesterday, he said he loved Watters and so does every player under 25. He embraces them and their development. A few of the older lads have their noses out of joint because they were always the focus under Ross.
He said teh young players are all very very close and all want to be a part of the next phase. They also realise they need to be patient as the rebuild wont be instant.

I guess it is hard to come to terms with being so close and now not being the focus of the club.

For those who love Ledger, he also said he was a bit shocked by it all, but that is the caper.

that sounds pretty plausible. That is probably what we all imagined anyway.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:[quote="plugger66]

Why do you continue to say that rubbish. i actually told who said the information previously which is more than most on here when they say they heard crap. Talking of crap who are the cancers in the club at the moment?
[/quote][/quote]

It's not rubbish and you know it...I still laugh when you post things that try and big-note yourself by trying to make-out that you have some type of credible source that tells you things that might be actual truths...and yes you did tell who your source which is making me laugh even harder...I know you are only an internet person but you are the funniest character on this board by a massive margin.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

I will give you a tip. i could post many things that are fact if I really wanted to big note myself. Most things i post are opinions but people like you read them as some sort of fact. happy for you to laugh at my contact about the issue we are talking about. Noticed that person got the john Moran award at the club this year but he hasnt got a clue as far as you are concerned. back him over anyone on this board apart from a few in the know.

PM me one day. You may be surprised with what I could know if i wanted to.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
It's not rubbish and you know it...I still laugh when you post things that try and big-note yourself by trying to make-out that you have some type of credible source that tells you things that might be actual truths...and yes you did tell who your source which is making me laugh even harder...I know you are only an internet person but you are the funniest character on this board by a massive margin.

I will give you a tip. i could post many things that are fact if I really wanted to big note myself. Most things i post are opinions but people like you read them as some sort of fact. happy for you to laugh at my contact about the issue we are talking about. Noticed that person got the john Moran award at the club this year but he hasnt got a clue as far as you are concerned. back him over anyone on this board apart from a few in the know.

I don't need you to big-note yourself anymore than you already do, I know exactly who you are and that is why I laugh at how you like to portray your internet person. Don't get me wrong, I really like your internet character and one day I want to have a beer and a few laughs in person but hopefully you will be able to have honest conversations and just be yourself.

In the meantime I wish you would stop making up crap to big-note yourself.

ljpoyz
Club Player

Yeah none of it really shocked me. If older players are shitty, they need to realises they didn't achieve the main aim of their role and the club needs to focus on winning premierships (not one) in the future.

Was interesting to speak to a player and get decent and seemingly honest responses.

gringo wrote:
ljpoyz wrote:Had a chat to a Saints player yesterday, he said he loved Watters and so does every player under 25. He embraces them and their development. A few of the older lads have their noses out of joint because they were always the focus under Ross.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

I don't need you to big-note yourself anymore than you already do, I know exactly who you are and that is why I laugh at how you like to portray your internet person. Don't get me wrong, I really like your internet character and one day I want to have a beer and a few laughs in person but hopefully you will be able to have honest conversations and just be yourself.

You havent got a clue who i am especially if you think I make up things. Did you watch Case of the smiling stiffs?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You havent got a clue who i am especially if you think I make up things. Did you watch Case of the smiling stiffs?
Oh yes I have and I didn't think I said you made things up...you said that...I said some of what you say is complete and utter crap and you just say things to big-note yourself. You are just a linament sniffer that pushes rumours on with a little bit of interest.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

Oh yes I have and I didn't think I said you made things up...you said that...I said some of what you say is complete and utter crap and you just say things to big-note yourself. You are just a linament sniffer that pushes rumours on with a little bit of interest.

Well you are wrong but thats ok. It is consistent. What did you think of the Case of the smiling stiffs?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well you are wrong but thats ok. It is consistent. What did you think of the Case of the smiling stiffs?
No I'm not...I know with certainty that you are just rumour mongering to big-note yourself. You'd think for an internet person you would give yourself more credibility and spread rumours for the good of the club and not spread rumours that are just to big-note yourself.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

No I'm not...I know with certainty that you are just rumour mongering to big-note yourself. You'd think for an internet person you would give yourself more credibility and spread rumours for the good of the club and not spread rumours that are just to big-note yourself.

You are not but thats ok. The day you are right is the day SW will be happy. he is nervous man at the moment and not because of the players but because you are backing him. How was that movie. Surely you can tell us if you enjoyed it?

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

ljpoyz wrote:Yeah none of it really shocked me. If older players are shitty, they need to realises they didn't achieve the main aim of their role and the club needs to focus on winning premierships (not one) in the future.

Was interesting to speak to a player and get decent and seemingly honest responses.

gringo wrote:

I hope that you are correct and all the young players so like Watters. I would hate to see the older players unhappy but times are changing and they have to accept that. It doesn't mean we should trade them all out but they do need to realise that the young players will be the focus. I am still worried about all the talk about financial disaster and Pelchem and Watters not getting on, you here so much crap don't know what to believe.
We really need solidarity now and not people shooting their mouth of from outside the clun

I love this club
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Of course the older players aren't happy - everything you worked for and busted your guts over the last 10 years has amounted to nothing. You've been told that when the next chance at success arrives , you wont be playing. Your only value now is either as a mentor for the next generation or at the trade table. Your hopes and dreams have been smashed and buried. How would you feel ? .. you would be hurt, confused and wonder what the hell you are doing, and what the future holds. Some of the older players will accept it and understand their role - some wont.

And if the off-field side of the club was happy and settled after finishing 16th , then I would be more than worried. I certainly hope there is angst, there is a review, and there is change. Note - I am not advocating a change of people as I am not close enough to them- but process, structure and the way we do things off field needs to improve.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

CEO was sacked

#1 Ryder fan
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

plugger66 wrote:happy for you to laugh at my contact about the issue we are talking about. Noticed that person got the john Moran award at the club this year but he hasnt got a clue as far as you are concerned.
Who won the John Moran award this year?

The 2009 winner caught my eye....

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Here we go again-P66 has managed to turn this into a slanging match whereby everyone else is wrong and he is the only one right.

As I said previously generalisations and no specifics.

Ignore.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:CEO was sacked
Sacked, yet hanging around until the position is filled? Amazing!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post