North offer Pick 26 & Luke for Dal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: North offer Pick 26 & Luke for Dal

I actually watched Delaney's youtube clip of his debut game. He actually looks really good. Big strong aggressive back man who pushes his weight around. Looks better than Brown from WCE. I hope we can get him some how. Bruce is more a rangy type than a gorilla back. Delaney is more what we have needed since Shannahan left or what Luke Penny might have been. Max and Zac were always punching above their weight division as KPBs.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:If we only get 22 for Dal when we could have had Delaney and 26ish then that will be a disgrace.

Would much prefer to keep Dal than settle for 22.
I reckon 22 is about Dal's worth, I'd take it in a heartbeat if it was guaranteed.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Zed wrote:If we only get 22 for Dal when we could have had Delaney and 26ish then that will be a disgrace.

I reckon 22 is about Dal's worth, I'd take it in a heartbeat if it was guaranteed.
..it's not unfortunately..

.....only reason delaney hasn't played morew games iss because the roos have thompson and grima....be a good get though....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Kickit
Club Player

stinger wrote:
bergholt wrote:

..it's not unfortunately..

.....only reason delaney hasn't played morew games iss because the roos have thompson and grima....be a good get though....
Yes he's their depth player.
I'm not totally sold on him.
Dawson at 23 was probably better.

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Rati ... ke-DELANEY

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I actually watched Delaney's youtube clip of his debut game. He actually looks really good. Big strong aggressive back man who pushes his weight around. Looks better than Brown from WCE. I hope we can get him some how. Bruce is more a rangy type than a gorilla back. Delaney is more what we have needed since Shannahan left or what Luke Penny might have been. Max and Zac were always punching above their weight division as KPBs.

Delaney goes off on Youtube.
Takes a speccie.
Does an awesome tackle.
Picks a fight with J Brown.

At least if we had Delaney and Simpkin down back noone would kick sand in our face. Wed be unbeatable in a fight.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:I get the feeling whatever the outcome, we're gonna come off second best...
I don't.

I think we will get the young GWS defender and then have less reason to trade Dal. So it would want to be good!

fingers
Saintsational Legend

having watched the highlights reel - just get him LOL

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:having watched the highlights reel - just get him LOL
how does he go in the lowlights reel?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
fingers wrote:having watched the highlights reel - just get him LOL
how does he go in the lowlights reel?
I am not going to taint my glass half full view of the world by watching the lowlights!!! Come one. What kind of forumite would I be ?? ;)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
gringo wrote:I actually watched Delaney's youtube clip of his debut game. He actually looks really good. Big strong aggressive back man who pushes his weight around. Looks better than Brown from WCE. I hope we can get him some how. Bruce is more a rangy type than a gorilla back. Delaney is more what we have needed since Shannahan left or what Luke Penny might have been. Max and Zac were always punching above their weight division as KPBs.

Delaney goes off on Youtube.
Takes a speccie.
Does an awesome tackle.
Picks a fight with J Brown.

At least if we had Delaney and Simpkin down back noone would kick sand in our face. Wed be unbeatable in a fight.

That was his debut- he's got a touch of nutter in him. I love the aggression. Pushes Brown off balance every time too.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

So I'm hoping the strategy is to nut out a deal for Bruce ASAP and hold off on any Dal deal . Once the Bruce deal goes through then North will need to come to us with something special, otherwise we tell Delaney to nominate for the PSD.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Megamaguire
Club Player

North Not Enough 4 Dal

North are stupid if they don't TRY to give a bit more for Dal. A premiership tilt is an outside possibility and if you really believe this Dal = instant mid depth and far more rotation possibilities. Look at Goddard winning the syringes B&F. Dal is not far behind Bj in what he can deliver. Very durable and with silky skills.
I would be happy to keep Dal on board - a great club-man and aid to the young Saints pups.
Norf don't have what we need -Delaney in a swap for Ledger or or Meister maybe but AA and top 3 in the brownlow twice in Dal Santo's bag of achievements N O W A Y!
We would be dragging our young and growing midfield over the coals if we let Dal go without any real cream in return.

All the time this is probably wasting St.Kilda's time. We should and hopefully are showing as much initiative as Sydney did recently and aim to swing deals with the northern clubs (swans included) to get fair dinkum real players.
Wouldn't waste any more valuable time with norf !

Building a good side may mean waiting a bit longer for real valuable key Defenders. Can Delaney realistically achieve this? Does anyone think he can/

Sam Reid anyone ?

GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
Siposstar#2
Club Player

Zed wrote:So I'm hoping the strategy is to nut out a deal for Bruce ASAP and hold off on any Dal deal . Once the Bruce deal goes through then North will need to come to us with something special, otherwise we tell Delaney to nominate for the PSD.
This!
And really stick it to north. Definitely do not let dal go via free agency. As if he does we will get bugger all and north win.
Brad Scott can get stuffed!

Formerly posted as magnifisaint 35
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Definitely hoping we use the PSD. We have pick 3 so we might as well use it on one of Bruce or Delaney?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Definitely hoping we use the PSD. We have pick 3 so we might as well use it on one of Bruce or Delaney?

Clubs dont like using the PSD draft anymore unless forced to. Gives you a bad reputation in tading. Less and leass players are going in the PSD.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:Definitely hoping we use the PSD. We have pick 3 so we might as well use it on one of Bruce or Delaney?

Clubs dont like using the PSD draft anymore unless forced to. Gives you a bad reputation in tading. Less and leass players are going in the PSD.
Yeah but why? The PSD exists. The rules are the rules. Hardly our fault for using the rules in our favour when we get a high draft pick.
'bad reputation' is complete codswallap imho. Clubs are calculating and rational when it comes to trades and do it on an annual basis and use the rules to suit themselves. Not sure we are all of a sudden going to be holier than thou . If there is something wrong with the PSD - its up to the AFL to change the rules .
Previous years dealings count for nothing. The theory that 'we played hard on Luke Ball so clubs wouldnt take us likely' for instance was a complete crock of sh*t.
Noone is weeping for us for us being sold a pup for Lovett.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yeah but why? The PSD exists. The rules are the rules. Hardly our fault for using the rules in our favour when we get a high draft pick.
'bad reputation' is complete codswallap imho. Clubs are calculating and rational when it comes to trades and do it on an annual basis and use the rules to suit themselves. Not sure we are all of a sudden going to be holier than thou . If there is something wrong with the PSD - its up to the AFL to change the rules .
Previous years dealings count for nothing. The theory that 'we played hard on Luke Ball so clubs wouldnt take us likely' for instance was a complete crock of sh*t.
Noone is weeping for us for us being sold a pup for Lovett.

Dont talk to me about it, talk to the recruiting guys who arent using the PSD near as much as previously. There is no doubt the Saints will try to trade if possible. I havent even heard them threaten to take either Bruce or delaney in the PSD.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

There seems to be much more willingness for clubs to trade players where they want to go. The PSD only allows the bottom clubs access to those players so negotiating is becoming more popular.

PJ
SS Life Member

Yes but some clubs want the earth for their players that they don't even rate when another club has needs. So if we are in a position to take maximum toll then do it.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Rosco
Club Player

PJ wrote:Yes but some clubs want the earth for their players that they don't even rate when another club has needs. So if we are in a position to take maximum toll then do it.
a player is worth what someone else is prepared to pay

Shanka

Looks like the pelican has just put north in its place, check this article out . http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 6735645562

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I love how the Roos used Dal as the guy who wanted to go there at their B and F dinner and said how awesome and respected he is then offer up an empty chip packet and a turd in a paper bag as a sign of how much they respect him and want him to play for them.

I heard a rumour that Collingwood are after him if he does go down the free agency path. Maybe it will serve the idiots right if the Pies steal him. The Roos need Dal more than any other club and should make top 4 if they land him. But that Scott idiot is a stubborn fool.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I love how the Roos used Dal as the guy who wanted to go there at their B and F dinner and said how awesome and respected he is then offer up an empty chip packet and a turd in a paper bag as a sign of how much they respect him and want him to play for them.

I heard a rumour that Collingwood are after him if he does go down the free agency path. Maybe it will serve the idiots right if the Pies steal him. The Roos need Dal more than any other club and should make top 4 if they land him. But that Scott idiot is a stubborn fool.

Scott is doing exactly the right thing by his club. Trying to get him for nothing. makes complete sense.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:I love how the Roos used Dal as the guy who wanted to go there at their B and F dinner and said how awesome and respected he is then offer up an empty chip packet and a turd in a paper bag as a sign of how much they respect him and want him to play for them.

Scott is doing exactly the right thing by his club. Trying to get him for nothing. makes complete sense.

Unless he plays tough and screws it up. What if Dal says "I thought they were keen but they won't budge...might as well stay put."? He needs some one to stop them chocking and has finals experience and outside quality. Dal is there and available. He needs to decide how much it's worth to finish top 4 compared with playing tough guys over a draft pick in the second round and a fringe player.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Unless he plays tough and screws it up. What if Dal says "I thought they were keen but they won't budge...might as well stay put."? He needs some one to stop them chocking and has finals experience and outside quality. Dal is there and available. He needs to decide how much it's worth to finish top 4 compared with playing tough guys over a draft pick in the second round and a fringe player.

Of course Scott wouldnt be talking to Dal or his manager and explaining it. why do people thinkk there are no phones around anymore?