swan new CEO ?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: swan new CEO ?

gringo wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

Robert Redford.
You should have another week off for bad jokes.
It was an extremely topical joke....in 1971.[/quote]

And what was wrong with that year?

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Legendary wrote:We have an excellent candidate in the flame but he is unavailable for another few months due to his current position.

The name has not been mentioned in this thread yet. My mail is that we are likely to appoint him close to the middle of the year - so there might be some smoke and mirrors in the interim.
This is great news!!! :D

About time one of our own here at SS takes control to sort out our beloved Saintas. And I'm prepared to name that name.

The Fireman will make a flamin' excellent CEO. No more silly little spot fires erupting into raging PR infernos to dwarf all the positive stuff that is happening with our team rebuilding!

(Flint Jones will be on notice. :lol: )

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
onlooker2
Club Player

I read on another thread about Andrew Plympton being interviewed on commercial radio tonight. Now there's a dark horse for the CEO's position. Knows the AFL's workings, a Saints man, has a big business background and has been doing some fill type jobs since finishing as CEO of Yachting Australia. Worth a thought or two???

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Bit of a whisper going around that Ian Robson ( Melbourne Victory ) is being looked at.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Bit of a whisper going around that Ian Robson ( Melbourne Victory ) is being looked at.
Wow! If that is true then that is very smart. He could be a very good get IMO.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Bit of a whisper going around that Ian Robson ( Melbourne Victory ) is being looked at.
I'd prefer Sir Bobby Robson - what's he doing these days?

busso mick
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:
How much blood would be on his hands over the Essendon incident? If it gets the AFL tick of approval, then he could be a good choice.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

‘Believe in your dreams and success is then a set inevitability’, according to Ian Robson :roll:
"An enduring successful culture cannot be driven from either the top down or the bottom up....it must be an all as one commitment to the way we behave towards each other internally and interact with our customers. Part of the essence of “driving change” is to have an underlying culture that, at its core, embraces a never ending restlessness to seeking improvements and new efficiencies. It is also essential to empower everyone in the company with the capacity and platform to propose ideas and innovations." :roll:
"Deep within the DNA of the Essendon FC is a commitment to community. Over the years we have become better resourced and are able to do more to match this ambition." :lol:

http://www.thesource.com.au/career-hub/ian-robson/
Another weasel words peddler... :evil: and up to his eyeballs (and weasel words) in the Effn'dope debacle. :evil:

Tony, please stop them!

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
‘Believe in your dreams and success is then a set inevitability’, according to Ian Robson :roll:
"An enduring successful culture cannot be driven from either the top down or the bottom up....it must be an all as one commitment to the way we behave towards each other internally and interact with our customers. Part of the essence of “driving change” is to have an underlying culture that, at its core, embraces a never ending restlessness to seeking improvements and new efficiencies. It is also essential to empower everyone in the company with the capacity and platform to propose ideas and innovations." :roll:
"Deep within the DNA of the Essendon FC is a commitment to community. Over the years we have become better resourced and are able to do more to match this ambition." :lol:

http://www.thesource.com.au/career-hub/ian-robson/
Another weasel words peddler... :evil: and up to his eyeballs (and weasel words) in the Effn'dope debacle. :evil:

Tony, please stop them!
To be fair SEN's Greg Denham (not Tony) mentioned this at about 9.30am this morning on KB's show. He reckons that we are waiting for his contract to expire at Melbourne Victory at the end of March. Makes sense. Robson was at Hawthorn with the Pelican.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

busso mick wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
How much blood would be on his hands over the Essendon incident? If it gets the AFL tick of approval, then he could be a good choice.
I think the Essendon incident aside, was he a good CEO, and as you rightly say as long as the AFL approve then it shouldn't rock the boat. Surely the club execs have ticked that box.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

To be fair Robson resigned because he wasn't on top of what was happening at Dope land. You may argue he should have known however if people are doing stuff behind your back it can be hard to know what's going on. So he fell on his sword. Maybe Turdy could have taken a leaf out of his book.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
defacto
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote:To be fair Robson resigned because he wasn't on top of what was happening at Dope land. You may argue he should have known however if people are doing stuff behind your back it can be hard to know what's going on. So he fell on his sword. Maybe Turdy could have taken a leaf out of his book.
It's not just that. He is absolutely terrible at managing members and engaging the supporter base. Just ask key dons supporters about how he royally f***ed them with various dodgey initiatives.

Look at what he's doing at the victory

Then you look at how the hird Thompson appointments were handled

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

defacto wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:To be fair Robson resigned because he wasn't on top of what was happening at Dope land. You may argue he should have known however if people are doing stuff behind your back it can be hard to know what's going on. So he fell on his sword. Maybe Turdy could have taken a leaf out of his book.
It's not just that. He is absolutely terrible at managing members and engaging the supporter base. Just ask key dons supporters about how he royally f***ed them with various dodgey initiatives.

Look at what he's doing at the victory

Then you look at how the hird Thompson appointments were handled
Sounds like he'd fit in well at our club then.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ctqs
Club Player

I'd be very, very careful with what Greg Denham puts out. He gets most of his predictions wrong. He guesses and speculates a lot, without any real foundation.
Besides, I don't want anyone who has had even the slightest involvement with the Essendon drug scandal.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:We have an excellent candidate in the frame but he is unavailable for another few months due to his current position.

The name has not been mentioned in this thread yet. My mail is that we are likely to appoint him close to the middle of the year - so there might be some smoke and mirrors in the interim.
Was Finnis your mail Legendary or someone else?

ctqs
Club Player

Wow, shock, horror. Greg Denham got another one wrong.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.