McEvoy Subbed Out of Today's Game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: McEvoy Subbed Out of Today's Game

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
Sorry you subscribe to Champion Data??

Pretty sure this information isn't available to general public unless you pay for it

Would you be able to provide me the link??

Cant you get that info off the HS stats. well you could previously but yes CD doesnt supply that for free.
No I can only find straight hit out stats on the HS Superfooty site

As with a lot of sites they only provide the number of Hit Outs NOT Hit Outs to advantage.

I've checked all over the web and the only way you can access the Hit Outs to advantage stat is through subscription to certain sites.

You maybe right on the internet. When i got the HS delivered it also had a percentage of HO to advantage for the top 2 players. Obviously from that you can work out the amounts. it may have changed or they dont put that info on the internet. I found out he HO to advantage once on the internet but I havent been able to find it again. They shouldnt even mention the HO, they should only mention ones to advantageand even then you would need to know what CD class as advantage.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

BigMart wrote: ...
Hickey
Needs to add strength and physicality and work on his contested marking
I agree, Hickey needs to improve in these areas - and chances are he will.

McEvoy will never add pace, though - that was the one big negative with him.

This year we've seen Hickey chase and run down opponents, like Callan Ward (GWS), after a furious 20 metre chase - he got a free kick out of it and single-handedly stopped a certain goal.
Team lifting stuff.

You'll only see 1 tackle stat for that brilliant piece of play - but there are intangibles that already place him ahead of McEvoy.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

GeorgeYoung27 wrote:Slightly selective fact presentation. McEvoy's 1 week injury becomes 3 weeks and Hickey's 1 week injury is not mentioned. The stats quoted are only those that support your argument. When the games were in the balance this last weekend Hickey was getting better and McEvoy for the 2nd time this year was on the bench.
Not to mention Hickey's 10 handballs, 8 of which were contested and 8 of which were effective. Hickey's only mark and kick for the day was from a missed shot on goal, and the rest of his possessions were valuable handballs out of contested situations. He was fantastic at ground level and dished out a heap of footy the runners on the outside. He won the hitouts, was fifth for us in contested possessions and the best ruckman on the ground. And yes, it was a little below his usual standard for 2014. Fantastic progress.

I was a fan of McEvoy and wish him well at Hawthorn, but I think Hickey has already overtaken him. I was convinced that the Hickey trade was a mistake, but it is looking like a masterstroke. Hickey is already a much, much better tap ruckman than McEvoy, he's far better at ground level and once he starts regularly clunking 2-3 contested marks per game he will be a gun. Hickey has also just turned 23 - he'll be in his physical peak from 25-29 and could well be one of the dominant rucks in the competiton. I'm also pretty glad that we've got the hugely talented Longer around to keep HIckey honest.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: you would need to know what CD class as advantage.
I think they class Hit Outs to advantage as those hit outs that are received cleanly by a player from the same team who then goes on to record a possession (ie: handball or kick from the hit out) - if its touched by an opposition player in between the hit out and the possession or if it results in another stoppage then it doesn't count

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
I think they class Hit Outs to advantage as those hit outs that are received cleanly by a player from the same team who then goes on to record a possession (ie: handball or kick from the hit out) - if its touched by an opposition player in between the hit out and the possession or if it results in another stoppage then it doesn't count

Thanks. I have said previously that I would class a real hit out to advantage if the player who got it could use it cleanly. Thats slightly different to receiving it cleanly. I just think that would be a real advantage. Of course that maybe slightly unfair on the ruckman.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

Thanks. I have said previously that I would class a real hit out to advantage if the player who got it could use it cleanly. Thats slightly different to receiving it cleanly. I just think that would be a real advantage. Of course that maybe slightly unfair on the ruckman.
P66 - that's really unfair on the ruckman. I reckon the 'ruckmen association' would take issue with your definition. If a tap results in a player gaining clean possession I'm more than happy. Even if it results in a player throwing it on his boot under pressure and moving the ball fwd 25 metres. If our players are doing their job they will be playing in front and it won't be a problem :wink: