Melbourne Tanking

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

supersaints
Club Player

Re: Melbourne Tanking

PJ wrote:Maybe a little simplistic but shouldn't you be on the bottom of the ladder if you are asking fro a PP? Yes I know years of torment, ffs harden up, stop sooking and get your players to buy shares in Paul Roos inc.
There is a "secret" formulae the AFL now have after the last Melbourne tanking episode. Melbourne asked for a priority pick last year but the AFL said no. IMO Roos sowed the seed when he said they were still suffering from previuosly tanking ( albeit five years early)
As I've said previously Roos is cunning , I think he will talk the AFL into a free hit.

One thing I will predict, is that after the Tankers get three more first round low picks , including compensation for , they will have a metrioric rise next year. Roos will then come out as a hero, I think that's why he agreed to an extension.

He is a much better coach, than the rubbish being served up in the past few rounds.

Just my opinion ( again) that Roos nows the difference three picks will make to the side. If I'm wrong they will only improve slightly next year, I believe different they are underperforming

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:
PJ wrote:Maybe a little simplistic but shouldn't you be on the bottom of the ladder if you are asking fro a PP? Yes I know years of torment, ffs harden up, stop sooking and get your players to buy shares in Paul Roos inc.
There is a "secret" formulae the AFL now have after the last Melbourne tanking episode. Melbourne asked for a priority pick last year but the AFL said no. IMO Roos sowed the seed when he said they were still suffering from previuosly tanking ( albeit five years early)
As I've said previously Roos is cunning , I think he will talk the AFL into a free hit.

One thing I will predict, is that after the Tankers get three more first round low picks , including compensation for , they will have a metrioric rise next year. Roos will then come out as a hero, I think that's why he agreed to an extension.

He is a much better coach, than the rubbish being served up in the past few rounds.

Just my opinion ( again) that Roos nows the difference three picks will make to the side. If I'm wrong they will only improve slightly next year, I believe different they are underperforming

So again will ask you how they have achieved this tanking. Has he told the players not to try? He certainly has played guys in their right positions and hasnt sent many off at all to have operations. Even if they get a PP which they priobably should it wont be until after the first round. hardly go kill other clubs. By the way they have had one PP in the last 6 years and WCE have had 3. Just interesting information.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
supersaints wrote:

So again will ask you how they have achieved this tanking. Has he told the players not to try? He certainly has played guys in their right positions and hasnt sent many off at all to have operations. Even if they get a PP which they priobably should it wont be until after the first round. hardly go kill other clubs. By the way they have had one PP in the last 6 years and WCE have had 3. Just interesting information.

As long as it is after the first round. they cannot possible be allowed to get #2 for incompetence and then compo #3 for that spud Frawley. If they then got #4 I would just about give up afte rthe GWS GC debacle.

You are garbage - Enough said
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
supersaints wrote:

As long as it is after the first round. they cannot possible be allowed to get #2 for incompetence and then compo #3 for that spud Frawley. If they then got #4 I would just about give up afte rthe GWS GC debacle.

Well I have no idea but based on the thoughts that Frawley will go and pick 2 then I wouldnt see them also getting pick 4 but lets face it we maybe able to the do the same thing in a couple of year if we want to but it means losing a player like Jack Steven.

Saint wagga
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
supersaints wrote:

How did WCE get 3 PP's in the last 6 yrs and what picks were they and who did they take?? fascinating!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
supersaints wrote:

How did WCE get 3 PP's in the last 6 yrs and what picks were they and who did they take?? fascinating!!
Shuey, Darling and another guy in 2011. System has since changed and no one has got a pick since but we all forget the help the old system gave them especially considering they won a flag in 2006.

Saint wagga
Club Player

wow! that was news to me, cheers, i've never paid much attention to them and given they rebounded and made a prelim 1 yr later no wonder rules were altered. out of interest how do you think they're list is shaped at present... I don't see it being in amazing shape...but thats just IMO.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saint wagga wrote:wow! that was news to me, cheers, i've never paid much attention to them and given they rebounded and made a prelim 1 yr later no wonder rules were altered. out of interest how do you think they're list is shaped at present... I don't see it being in amazing shape...but thats just IMO.

They are Ok but i dont see them being any better than 6th with that current list so they need a star or two before the younger guys get to old.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
supersaints wrote:

Plenty have said there is an easy way to beat a team with early injuries...run them off their feet. It was a very unusual strategy to keep doing nothing when it wasn't working. He might not be hard core tanking but his efforts to win were not exactly pushed. They should not get more priorities because they cheated recently. Simple as that especially with afree hit with Frawley compo.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
supersaints wrote:

Plenty have said there is an easy way to beat a team with early injuries...run them off their feet. It was a very unusual strategy to keep doing nothing when it wasn't working. He might not be hard core tanking but his efforts to win were not exactly pushed. They should not get more priorities because they cheated recently. Simple as that especially with afree hit with Frawley compo.

Im unsure if you watched the game. Im guessing you didnt but its hard to run another side off their legs when they turned the ball over all the time. Matter of fact its impossible and by the way didnt GC recently beat a reasonably good side when they had only 2 rotations in the last quarter. Was that side tanking as well? yep they cheated about as much as nearly every other side near the bottom when we had priorty picks. And Frawley isnt a free hit. They lose their best CHF and CHB. Would you be happy losing jack Steven in 2 years time?