Richmond inquires about Armo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Richmond inquires about Armo

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:look Jack would be worth a first round pick in a fair trade and as i said when trading your best players you dont want fair you want overs so yeah if we got offered pick 2 for Jack then i would take it if it was pick 17 then no you wouldnt take it ..

this whole Trade/Draft period we are not looking at how its going to impact the results of 2015 we are bigger picture thinking.. this year has shown we are the worst team in the comp and its fair to say even if everything stayed the same we would still be the worst team in the comp so if we weaken our already weak side for next year for a potential gun for 2017/18 so be it ... we are at the very back it makes little difference if we come last by % or if we come last by a couple of games and % we still come last next year but entering season 2018 with a blue chip team of great players no one will give a second though to the 100 point losses of 2014 and 2015 ...

Yep but the bigger picture is also keeping members and sponsors. As I have said no way Richmond would give us pick 11 for Armo and if they did it is well overs but I don't think its as simple as we are bottom anyway so who cares. There is bottom and there is completely uncompetitive.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

look honestly at the moment i reckon all the members we have got are the members who join for the love of the club not for the results of the game .. all the bandwagon members jumped off two years ago all the swing members jumped last year what we have left now are the die hards .. so i dont think a year of floggings will change the membership numbers all that much .....

as for sponsors well again even as a g/f team we didnt exactly have them clammering to sign up , the ones we have are realistically only sponsors to have their brand somewhat associated with the most watched sport in the country sure floggings wont bring more sponsors but the ones we have are more concerned if we get in the news for scandals not so much how we play ...

honestly with Lenny now gone we are already going to be uncompetitive from here each year we are realistically one injury away from being a GWS in season one .. even you admit the fastest and best way to get back to being competitive and successful team is to do so by the draft so if we get over the odds returns for our better players we gotta look at it ...

lets put it this way .. if we were offered last year pick one for Joey you would take it cause although we would have lost more games by over 10 goals in the end we would have Boyd on the list so come 2017 when Boyd is winning the coleman the memory of the 10 goal floggings would be a distant memory ....

again its a moot point cause no one is offering a first round pick for armo but if the were we would be mad to not at least consider it

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Razzledazzle

With Lenny gone ...Armo (together with Stevens) must stay in the Saints engine room to steer those brilliant young raw kids...so banish the thought of trading Armo. Take an aspirin and think clearly administrators. Go Sainters.

Rosco
Club Player

Steven. Welcome to the forum.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Pelchin said re Armo, that he is very very unlikely to go anywhere, which is different to won't go anywhere?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

I don't think Richmond want Armitage now...

MELBOURNE is considering trading former captain Jack Trengove and pick 23 to Richmond for pick 12.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-10/t ... -to-tigers
Last edited by Wayne42 on Fri 10 Oct 2014 7:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:I don't Richmond want Armitage now...

MELBOURNE is considering trading former captain Jack Trengove and pick 23 to Richmond for pick 12.
he's a crock...two games in the past tear....tigers would be stupid...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Rosco
Club Player

spert wrote:Pelchin said re Armo, that he is very very unlikely to go anywhere, which is different to won't go anywhere?
could say the same thing about pick 1.

he would be gone for the right price. don't say never.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Teflon"]do the deal FFS. he aint gonna be there when we are challenging and is a B Grade mid at best.

sure heart/soul etc etc but facts are we are in desperate need of quality peaking in aboiut 4-5 years time.....that's not Armo.

pick 11 and run....

I honestly don't think Armo is the difference between us getting spanked or winning/losing next year OR losing members.....members sign on with hope.......quality brings hope......higher end drafting provides better chance of quality...

you know it makes sense...[/quote

Pick 11 gets us a maybe good player for a guy who would have come close to winning his first B and F except for a very unlucky injury.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Wayne42 wrote:I don't think Richmond want Armitage now...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-10/t ... -to-tigers
Melbourne getting a good deal out of that. Don't think Trengove will ever get back to his form like his first year.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Teflon wrote:do the deal FFS. he aint gonna be there when we are challenging and is a B Grade mid at best.

sure heart/soul etc etc but facts are we are in desperate need of quality peaking in aboiut 4-5 years time.....that's not Armo.

pick 11 and run....

I honestly don't think Armo is the difference between us getting spanked or winning/losing next year OR losing members.....members sign on with hope.......quality brings hope......higher end drafting provides better chance of quality...

Pick 11 gets us a maybe good player for a guy who would have come close to winning his first B and F except for a very unlucky injury.
If Armo is ever our B&F we are in more poo than a Werribee duck!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
gringo wrote:
Teflon wrote:do the deal FFS. he aint gonna be there when we are challenging and is a B Grade mid at best.

pick 11 and run....

Why is that such a stretch I think he and Steven would probably have come 1 and 2 if not injured. He had a break out year last year and given a good run at it he's a very good player. It's a shame he never got to play consistent footy before the loss of some of our key mids, he could have been capable of racking up bigger numbers. I thought last year he had a few BOGs and was really starting to dominate.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
gringo wrote:

pick 11 and run....

Why is that such a stretch I think he and Steven would probably have come 1 and 2 if not injured. He had a break out year last year and given a good run at it he's a very good player. It's a shame he never got to play consistent footy before the loss of some of our key mids, he could have been capable of racking up bigger numbers. I thought last year he had a few BOGs and was really starting to dominate.

Have no idea how you came up with that idea about them finishing one and two baring injury. Fanciful.

Rosco
Club Player

Maybe barring injury to them and with injury to those who would have finished aead of them

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Steven should be an untouchable. Armitage needs to stay while Acres, Billings, Dunstan, Newnes and Petracca are developing. Next year is going to be a bad year anyway, but as another poster suggested, we must stay competitive. Last year we posted our worst percentage since 1955 for Pete's sake. I actually think that is a massive indictment on the decision to change coaches but we did it so there we are. If we gave a better run with injuries we should be able to rotate the younger players through the team more methodically - Longer was thrown in the deepend this year, as was Bruce - and our results should be more competitive, but even if we have a reasonably poor run with injuries I hate to think how we will bear up.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
gringo wrote:

pick 11 and run....

Have no idea how you came up with that idea about them finishing one and two baring injury. Fanciful.
I think it's perfectly reasonable to suggest they would have. Jack won it and if Armo had been fit I think Lenny probably would have shared duties with him. Nick Riewoldt had a great year though. My assumption is based on improvement from the previous seasons. If we keep them and they stay injury free they should poll well next year. I would say Gears will even go pretty well.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
gringo wrote:

pick 11 and run....

I think it's perfectly reasonable to suggest they would have. Jack won it and if Armo had been fit I think Lenny probably would have shared duties with him. Nick Riewoldt had a great year though. My assumption is based on improvement from the previous seasons. If we keep them and they stay injury free they should poll well next year. I would say Gears will even go pretty well.

They may poll well next year but the injuries didn't spot them winning this year. They weren't good enough this year which wasn't helped by injuries but Lenny and Rooy would still clearly had beaten them.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Have no idea how you came up with that idea about them finishing one and two baring injury. Fanciful.
well its simple
you use your brain to come up with an idea
you think, and you then you think a bit more and then you go
aha!
'i think that if they didnt get injured they wouldve placed much much better in the b and f'

are you saying you have no idea how a thought process works?
stop taking the piss pluggsy

if they were injury free they wouldve placed MUCH better
one couldve even had a crack at winning it
are you saying that was not possible?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Have no idea how you came up with that idea about them finishing one and two baring injury. Fanciful.
well its simple
you use your brain to come up with an idea
you think, and you then you think a bit more and then you go
aha!
'i think that if they didnt get injured they wouldve placed much much better in the b and f'

are you saying you have no idea how a thought process works?
stop taking the piss pluggsy

if they were injury free they wouldve placed MUCH better
one couldve even had a crack at winning it
are you saying that was not possible?

Yes based on this years form im saying it isn't possible. What a weird person you are.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
gringo wrote:

pick 11 and run....

They may poll well next year but the injuries didn't spot them winning this year. They weren't good enough this year which wasn't helped by injuries but Lenny and Rooy would still clearly had beaten them.
They weren't good enough because they were injured. They didn't get back to their pre-injury form or condition. I'm saying injury cost them games then also cost them consistency and form. Nothing unreasonable there. You are being mischievous again.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
They weren't good enough because they were injured. They didn't get back to their pre-injury form or condition. I'm saying injury cost them games then also cost them consistency and form. Nothing unreasonable there. You are being mischievous again.

No I am not. Are you actually saying baring injury they could have finished top 2 this year? What are you basing that on? Because jack won last year? Big deal. That doesn't mean he wins every year after that. And Armo has never even finished top 5 so what suggests he would have come top 2 baring injury? They finished with nearly half the votes of Lenny and Rooy. Their form this year wasn't good enough and the injuries probably stopped both finishing 4th and 5th. Both will go well next year because there are less older better players.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

If Armo was offered then I think the Tiges would of taken him before Trengove. Makes me think he was never offered.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: I actually think that is a massive indictment on the decision to change coaches but we did it so there we are.
You're so right!

We should have stuck with Watters given everything we know about him.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:If Armo was offered then I think the Tiges would of taken him before Trengove. Makes me think he was never offered.
Not sure, I think we could now see Armitage go to Melbourne for that pick 12... They were apparently keen last year.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:If Armo was offered then I think the Tiges would of taken him before Trengove. Makes me think he was never offered.
Not sure, I think we could now see Armitage go to Melbourne for that pick 12... They were apparently keen last year.
Interesting, did not know about that. Jones needs more of a chop out than Cotchin, Deledio & Martin.