Can the 2012-17 cycle compare to 1999-2004?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Can the 2012-17 cycle compare to 1999-2004?

stevie wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
saintbrat wrote:I just watched Rd 1 2004- the excitement was palpable- after the Wizard cup win and third win over Geelong in 3 games

Heard Akermanis say this morning they were robbed of a 4th win in 2004 because they played one day later in finals than Port Adelaide
wouldn't have even been close if saints had gotten there...
They weren't robbed. Port Adelaide finished on top of the ladder and deserved the extra day.
Aker is an idiot!
Sorta true there. The Lions were forced to play their 'home' prelim at the G against Geelong due to the members agreement or whatever it was ( thankfully consigned now to the rubbish heap). Even then the AFL didn't program them a Sat arve game so they could fly back to Bris and have more time to prepare. Oh no, they mDe them play on the Sat nite presumably for ratings.

They still had a good show of winning the 4th flag but injuries and fatigue and Ports better effort on the day told in the end. Ironically that was the last GF I have watched not counting 09/10 lol

Why wouldn't you watch the GF's. Greatest game of the year. I have been lucky enough to attend 30 of the last 33.