Josh Bruce has gone mad.

Re: Josh Bruce has gone mad.

Moods wrote:I almost couldn't believe this was the same bloke as last year. How different does it make our team look when the opposition need to concern themselves with more than just one key fwd. And how much better does he look since he cut that stupid beard off?
Agree 100%

And I bet Roo loves another option and being able to run the wings.

Rooey deserves a break after the shyte off season he's had. It's the very least his teammates can do for him.

They call me Bruce! :twisted:

Moods wrote:I almost couldn't believe this was the same bloke as last year. How different does it make our team look when the opposition need to concern themselves with more than just one key fwd. And how much better does he look since he cut that stupid beard off?
But if he wants to keep his Shintaro hairdo let him.

I thought moving him into the forward line late last year was a good move and gives Nick the chance for a roving commission around the ground.

St Loxton

I love that guy.

Bruce Almighty!

Saintberra

When I was playing with him, he was always better as a forward - very happy to see him do so well today, almost tempted to get his name on a jersey, just for the embarrassment :p

felix

Finally someone kicked a bag.

Well and truly jumper aboard the B-Train. Let's hope it's as fun as the G version was.

Definitely a forward if anyone was in doubt

Saintberra wrote:When I was playing with him, he was always better as a forward - very happy to see him do so well today, almost tempted to get his name on a jersey, just for the embarrassment :p
How long ago were you playing with him Saintberra? Go on get his name on that jersey of yours :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I was at the game early last week and noticed that Bruce was on the ground with one of our support staff having allot of shots on goal .
This was way before the rest of the team came out for their warm-up !
Certainly paid off tonight !

Beards for everyone !

Makes the whole team stand taller. He will demand opposition respect which will make Roo's life that much easier and will make the life of Paddy/Spencer better too once they come into what will be a very hard to match forward line.

Absolutely spectacular effort. Cult hero in the making.
Where there is hope ...

ozrulestrace wrote:
But if he wants to keep his Shintaro hairdo let him.

I thought moving him into the forward line late last year was a good move and gives Nick the chance for a roving commission around the ground.

Looks like we may have a nickname for him here...

Don't mess with the B-locomotive

SemperFidelis wrote:Absolutely spectacular effort. Cult hero in the making.
Where there is hope ...
What I like most Semps is his humility. That comes through during his interviews, the one on the Saints.com site after last weeks effort againt GWS, and the one this evening after the match interview at the ground.............. he might be a bit of a hipster type, but seems to have his feet planted firmly in the ground (thankfully not when he flys for marks!) and seems embarrassed about attention being drawn to himself and not the team.

Actually I can remember his first game with us last season. Some TV commentator (can't recall who it was) commentated on his hair style then (different last year to what it is this year by the way). This commentator said words to this effect: " If he want's to wear his hair like that, he had better be able to play good footy"................... I wonder what that commentator says now????????

The man is hungry, feed The Bruce.

After last week, to a mate who is o/s ATM, I gave him the title of an honorary Jack. 5 Jacks and an honorary Jack. Thought he was a roustabout type, looked robust and provided a base line for effort.........just like Jack Bruce when he provided the base line for Slowhand and Ginger with Cream.

Interesting article in The Age today. Where would we be without Dermie?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/-1mjafh.html

Joe Bloggs

Maybe we should call Josh Bruce the Juggernaut in honor of Scott Watters getting him to the club.

yes because having a beard or long hair effects your ability as a footballer
who gives a f*** what he looks like

take grabs
kick goals
win games
me like

matrix wrote:yes because having a beard or long hair effects your ability as a footballer

take grabs
kick goals
win games
me like
Ahh. Not sure I ever said it did effect his ability as a footballer. He can have a pink mo hawk for all I care, as long as he keeps kicking goals.

Just reckon he looks stacks better without the beard. You can see his face, and he's actually quite a handsome dude too. Just a personal observation.

For the record, Taylor Walker looks stacks better this year as well. I like my footballers clean cut :wink:

matrix wrote:yes because having a beard or long hair effects your ability as a footballer

take grabs
kick goals
win games
me like
Ahh. Not sure I ever said it did effect his ability as a footballer. He can have a pink mo hawk for all I care, as long as he keeps kicking goals.

Just reckon he looks stacks better without the beard. You can see his face, and he's actually quite a handsome dude too. Just a personal observation.

For the record, Taylor Walker looks stacks better this year as well. I like my footballers clean cut :wink:
I like the characters. Cricket has lost appeal because the players are so bland you wish they'd disappear. The terrorist beard and escaped mental patient look was good and Shents was heaps more fun when he looked like a hippy. Sam Fisher on the other hand. He looks like an old guy having a mid life.

He needs to go the next step and get rid of that top knot - a proper haircut preferably - to get into my good books.

take grabs
kick goals
win games
me like

I like the characters. Cricket has lost appeal because the players are so bland you wish they'd disappear. The terrorist beard and escaped mental patient look was good and Shents was heaps more fun when he looked like a hippy. Sam Fisher on the other hand. He looks like an old guy having a mid life.
Haha. You're right I guess Gringo. I loved the G-Train. Bruce Doull. Even Dermie back in the day. I guess once I saw Bruce's actual face, I thought 'good looking young bloke, why hide it under a beard.' I also HATE long beards on any athlete. Makes me sweat just watching them run around. Looks incredibly uncomfortable to play sport with.