Booing Goddard

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Booing Goddard

Thanks moods, I was looking forward to the explanation....

If the silent majority hates Indonesians, then I guess that makes it okay - thanks for clearing it all up.

Can't argue with a silent majority, they're far too quiet.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SMS wrote:Goddard BLED and BROKE bones for this club. He has the major highlight of the decade in saints jumper... He is a saint and eill always be. His decision to go to essendon was BEST for everyone. We saved money and got a pick.
We wont be in finals and contending until 2018 at the very earliest.. B Goddard will be retired by then.

Dont hate him. Thats just ignorant and childish.

He cried on national tv FFS. Has any other player done that for gis former club???
Maybe true but he plays for a club that are drug cheats. It's like an Aussie becoming an Indo

Amazing stuff.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

BJ just plays up to the media, earns his money at Essendon and ticks the boxes he needs to tick.

Yeah, I think he's a bit of a suck hole and the whole 'they'll make a movie' stuff was cringe worthy, but deep down I honestly think he still feels like a Saint. A Saint playing his years out at the highest bidder.

He cried when they beat us for goodness sake. I also believe the Essendon faithful know this, it is tangible, and when things turn bad for them on field, and they will soon as they have topped up without enough base talent to get them anywhere near a flag, he will be one of the first they turn on.

On a side note, while he is certainly receding, I wouldn't call him bald (let alone a bald c***!!). He's always had a high hairline. Judd is bald. Ablett, bald. BJ, no where near bald.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:BJ just plays up to the media, earns his money at Essendon and ticks the boxes he needs to tick.

Yeah, I think he's a bit of a suck hole and the whole 'they'll make a movie' stuff was cringe worthy, but deep down I honestly think he still feels like a Saint. A Saint playing his years out at the highest bidder.

He cried when they beat us for goodness sake. I also believe the Essendon faithful know this, it is tangible, and when things turn bad for them on field, and they will soon as they have topped up without enough base talent to get them anywhere near a flag, he will be one of the first they turn on.

On a side note, while he is certainly receding, I wouldn't call him bald (let alone a bald c***!!). He's always had a high hairline. Judd is bald. Ablett, bald. BJ, no where near bald.
Your post is pretty damn sensible, a rarity around here these days. :D

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Thanks moods, I was looking forward to the explanation....

If the silent majority hates Indonesians, then I guess that makes it okay - thanks for clearing it all up.

You know Dragit, your problem is that you're too soft and PC.

There's no place for politeness or respectful behavior here or anywhere else.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
dragit wrote:Thanks moods, I was looking forward to the explanation....

You know Dragit, your problem is that you're too soft and PC.

There's no place for politeness or respectful behavior here or anywhere else.
I know that's tongue in cheek, but any newcomer might just think you are telling it like it really is, unfortunately.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I am a little confused - I thought Goddard played at Sandringham on the weekend ......????? :D

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:I am a little confused - I thought Goddard played at Sandringham on the weekend ......????? :D
Obviously played poorly if we were booing him then :shock:

Playon
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:And furthermore in Australia we call it an arse unless of course you are suggesting his head is up his donkey!
The effects of American culture(?) on Australian youth is deeply troubling!
So why would you get a warning about donkeys? Beware donkey in the room :)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Playon wrote: So why would you get a warning about donkeys?
Because they may be drug mules :wink:

Playon
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Playon wrote: So why would you get a warning about donkeys?
Because they may be drug mules :wink:
Making me laugh like that is sending me horse

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:read the op and thats it

who cares
get over it
people will boo

in fact i wouldve lined him up on the ground myself (fairly)
its football
people get hit and people get booed
I would have lined him up (unfairly) and judged my effort in weeks!

Actually, couldn't give a stuff about the big flog.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I wasn't saying "boo" - I was saying "boo-urns".......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Saintberra
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
SMS wrote:Goddard BLED and BROKE bones for this club. He has the major highlight of the decade in saints jumper... He is a saint and eill always be. His decision to go to essendon was BEST for everyone. We saved money and got a pick.
We wont be in finals and contending until 2018 at the very earliest.. B Goddard will be retired by then.

He cried on national tv FFS. Has any other player done that for gis former club???
Maybe true but he plays for a club that are drug cheats. It's like an Aussie becoming an Indo

Amazing stuff.
I agree with Plugger. I hope this is tongue in cheek, otherwise you're a swine.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Brendon Judas Goddard broke our hearts by leaving our club and going to one of our least favourite clubs for money and a premiership. It is our duty, as true supporters of the St.Kilda FC, to continue booing him for as long as keeps donning the sash against our club. Why should we cease voicing our discontent for the way he left us?
Last edited by Sainternist on Tue 05 May 2015 5:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saintberra wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

Amazing stuff.
I agree with Plugger. I hope this is tongue in cheek, otherwise you're a swine.
Steady on.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Brendon Judas Goddard broke our hearts by leaving our club and going to one of our least favourite clubs for money and a premiership. It is our duty, as true supporters of the St.Kilda FC, to continue booing him for as long as keeps donning the sash against our club. Why should we cease voicing our discontent for the way he left us?

Maybe because booing someone is rather childish. Agree with your first comments though.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Goddard played some top footy with us for while then went elsewhere where the money was better, it was waved under his nose before Lyon left, hence his obvious lack of enthusiasm under Watters. Like Plugger and host of other Saints and footy players everywhere since the year dot, money talks. I guess we could have a boo to vent our frustrations in the first game he played for the pin-cushions, but after that, he is an Essendon player and who cares - I don't.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Brendon Judas Goddard broke our hearts by leaving our club and going to one of our least favourite clubs for money and a premiership. It is our duty, as true supporters of the St.Kilda FC, to continue booing him for as long as keeps donning the sash against our club. Why should we cease voicing our discontent for the way he left us?

Maybe because booing someone is rather childish. Agree with your first comments though.
Of course it's childish. As football supporters we whinge and carry on about umpiring decisions and opposition players performing well. There is a lot of childishness in football supporting. I think booing can also serve as a bit of a catharsis. Supporters showing some emotion and making noise in unison is always a good thing and shows there is some harmony among us. The real worry is when supporters become quiet. As long as you're not insulting BJG on a personal level, or spitting at him, or throwing projectiles at him, it's all pretty harmless. Just continue to let him know we weren't pleased with him going to Essendon for cash and glory.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

All part of footy...thats why we go. Thats why we write about it. So Boo to you.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

we wanted him to move on we were freeing up cap space and were never gonna pay what hes worth - why is that his fault?

as someone else said, I cant recall a player EVER crying after beating their old club......spoke volumes to me

Hes a Saint currently on a 'working holiday' but for mine hes always red white and black.

“Yeah….nah””
bigred
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:I wasn't saying "boo" - I was saying "boo-urns".......
Post of the year thus far.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
elizabethr
Club Player

Very booable guy
takes himself way too seriously. .

nothing to say
bigballs
Club Player

Wouldn't boo him myself, but I can understand why people do.....each to their own!!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

yes he did lots for our club yes he broke a collarbone in a grannie yeah he took that mark yeah he busted his butt yeah he used to thump his chest when kicking one and look like he would bleed for us!

then he fled to the bombers to chase that flag they apparently reckon they are two steps away from touching because he got offered an extra year and a few more hundred grand
while blokes like roo and joey and chips stayed loyal when offered big coin elsewhere, prob took a bit less money or stayed on the same money knowing that their chances of grabbing a flag with us were very slim

guess which one is called loyalty and the one i admire

shirtfront
shouldve copped one