Changes next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: Changes next week

plugger66 wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saynta wrote:
plugger66 wrote:out Schneider Sinclair Longer

In Dunstan Lee Michington
No Weller?

You don't expect me to remember players. Yep he is a certain in. Maybe Ross out. We will be terribly slow with Ross, Armo, Weller and Dunstan in the same side.
Armo does seem to play a bit faster these days but yeah - that's pretty pedestrian. You would think the order goes Armo, Weller first and second, then a choice between Dunstan and Ross. I'd go Ross.

Dunstan was nearly best on the ground before he got smashed in the head last game. He is a certain in. Ross isn't a certain out though. The worst part is 3 of the 4 are inside players. At least Armo has some outside run now. We really do need to recruit some outside players with pace.
Hasn't Savage got pace? Why can't he be one of those outside players?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Austinnn
Club Player

lennyhaze wrote:
8856brother wrote:
lennyhaze wrote:
tony74 wrote:Just remember we played an exceptional skilled team today. They are what we strive for and eventually to be better. We will learn a lot from that game. The club had its own stationary camera as high as is possible to watch the player movement patterns. The experience will be invaluable.
Minimal changes. Expect Hugh to debut.

Read you for a while. Like others you don't get many right. I gather you are some sort of volunteer. It's good to see the club don't let you in on anything. That would be poor for a club to do that
Keep up the good work Tony. I reckon you know it's Steven and not Stevens. You're off to a shakey start Lenny.

Sorry I didn't mention Stevens on here. Anyway ive read Tony for a while and he never gets anything right. I went back and looked at his posts and he didn't work for the club 3 years ago and is an older man so its unlikely he has any role of note. That is fine but he shouldn't pretend he does. And if he did work for the club in a paid role then he certainly shouldn't be telling us anything on here. That would be really poor. Pull your head in Tony.
This is just so sad. I thought you were better than THIS, plugger.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
lennyhaze wrote:
8856brother wrote:
lennyhaze wrote:
tony74 wrote:Just remember we played an exceptional skilled team today. They are what we strive for and eventually to be better. We will learn a lot from that game. The club had its own stationary camera as high as is possible to watch the player movement patterns. The experience will be invaluable.

Read you for a while. Like others you don't get many right. I gather you are some sort of volunteer. It's good to see the club don't let you in on anything. That would be poor for a club to do that
Keep up the good work Tony. I reckon you know it's Steven and not Stevens. You're off to a shakey start Lenny.

Sorry I didn't mention Stevens on here. Anyway ive read Tony for a while and he never gets anything right. I went back and looked at his posts and he didn't work for the club 3 years ago and is an older man so its unlikely he has any role of note. That is fine but he shouldn't pretend he does. And if he did work for the club in a paid role then he certainly shouldn't be telling us anything on here. That would be really poor. Pull your head in Tony.
Sorry?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Austinnn wrote:
Sorry?
say it aint so

FQF
SS Life Member

Well either plugger has started a second account and made no attempt at hiding his personality or someone else has decided to impersonate plugger.

FQF
SS Life Member

Glad to hear from Tony that my Goddard predictions might come true.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Well either plugger has started a second account and made no attempt at hiding his personality or someone else has decided to impersonate plugger.

I think it's Plugger, he responded to something he said as Lennyhaze quoting himself. He could at least remember which account he is on when he responds.

Saint wagga
Club Player

Ha Ha...that is actually really funny ready the LennyHaze post and it does read like P66, but i dont really care. Whoever it is, pretty Harsh on Tony74, he never gives away anything thats scandelous, and if he gives us a little tip on Hugh debuting, big woop, come on...it's good for this forum!! Otherwise its just fanatical keen beans going hard at each other with opinions and 'i know best' sort of stuff...PLease keep the posts coming Tony74...and if you are an older volunteer for the club (as deduced by our resident Inspector Poirot), bloody good on you!! You'll pribably enjoy and savour flag success all the more when it finally comes!

As for my two cents worht on team selection...
IN: Minch, Eli, Goddard
Out: Schneider, Sinclair, Shenton

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

For starters, I reckon we should leave out either one of Hickey or Longer - and bring in Weller.
A close-checking Weller would have restricted Sam Mitchell - theoretically with Weller playing we could have been 3 or 4 goals closer to the Hawks?

Goddard and Minchington deserve a run - and Templeton seems to be winning more possessions (25 plus), at least at VFL level.
Maybe keep rotating the youngsters - and bring in Goddard for his debut game? - and maybe Lee after the bye?

spert
Saintsational Legend

I think Longer should have a rest and leave Hickey as the main ruck, and open up the forward line a bit more. Weller returns in a midfield/ tagging role. We need a bit more on the scoreboard out of the forwards, and I would bring Lee in just as a another option to swing back or forward- he is doing a good defensive job in the VFL but he can go forward if Bruce and Roo are quiet. Ross is good in some respects, but is slow and not a line-breaker, we need speed in the middle, and I reckon AR might give Lonie more time in the middle
In: Weller, Lee, Goddard, Minch or Eli
Out: Longer, Shenton, Ross, Sinclair maybe

FQF
SS Life Member

spert wrote:I think Longer should have a rest and leave Hickey as the main ruck, and open up the forward line a bit more. Weller returns in a midfield/ tagging role. We need a bit more on the scoreboard out of the forwards, and I would bring Lee in just as a another option to swing back or forward- he is doing a good defensive job in the VFL but he can go forward if Bruce and Roo are quiet. Ross is good in some respects, but is slow and not a line-breaker, we need speed in the middle, and I reckon AR might give Lonie more time in the middle
Schneider and Sinclair have to go out.

More likely to bring Membrey in as the Hickey replacement than Lee.

Dunstan seems to be a certainty.

My guess is:
In: Weller Dunstan Goddard
Out: Sinclair Schneider Shenton

Would be happy to see Longer out for Membrey as well.

coopergrech
Club Player

In: Weller, Dunstan, Gilbert, Membrey, Goddard

Out: Schneids (RL), Sinclair (RL), Shents, Longer, Ross

(Want Lee to come in to, if Gilbo didnt get picked then Lee)

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
spert wrote:I think Longer should have a rest and leave Hickey as the main ruck, and open up the forward line a bit more. Weller returns in a midfield/ tagging role. We need a bit more on the scoreboard out of the forwards, and I would bring Lee in just as a another option to swing back or forward- he is doing a good defensive job in the VFL but he can go forward if Bruce and Roo are quiet. Ross is good in some respects, but is slow and not a line-breaker, we need speed in the middle, and I reckon AR might give Lonie more time in the middle
Schneider and Sinclair have to go out.

More likely to bring Membrey in as the Hickey replacement than Lee.

Dunstan seems to be a certainty.

My guess is:
In: Weller Dunstan Goddard
Out: Sinclair Schneider Shenton

Would be happy to see Longer out for Membrey as well.
If Hickey takes the No1 ruck and Longer is omitted, then if Lee is brought in then both Lee and Bruce can spell Hickey at times. Most the game Lee would be at CHB.

Lee grew up as a ruck/forward. Played the spelling ruck for us in the past and also in thatt role in WA. so he has experience in the ruck. It may not be perfect, but I see it as better than Longer rucking.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Austinnn
Club Player

Hey Tony, what do Minch and Lee have to do to get a gig on the big stage? What are the targets the staff have set for them? Do you think they'll play AFL this year? From an outsiders perspective, it seems like they should be given a chance soon. Minch is constantly in the Sandy bests (so is Clint J so I'm not super excited) and by all accounts, Lee is doing a great job as a key backman.

It would be interesting to know the coaches and players thinking with these two.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone