There's mistakes but then it gets to being cheating.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: There's mistakes but then it gets to being cheating.

plugger66 wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Sainter_Dad wrote:
plugger66 wrote: They never pay it? I haven't seen one like that to say they never pay it but if they didn't then they have made a very clear mistake. Like I said its hard to take all the decriptions seriously if you try to say its technical. Actually it technical and its also 100% correct.
Plugger - Please show me where I said it was not correct in paying it - it was technical - so we agree - Technically it was there - and it was paid - technically a lot of frees were there and they weren't paid.

Strange that you only mentioned it for that one. Was there no other technical frees? IMO you thought they could justify the free but you wouldn't not have paid it.
Gibson technically put his hand on Bruces shoulder in almost every single to hoist himself up, but I suppose the umpires dont look at marking contests, or is there a rule where a defender can hold down a forward like that?

you are the umpire Plugger can you answer if that is a rule. If not why did the umpires let it go all afternoon?

It is a rule. I cant tell you why the umpires let it go but I suppose that's why I don't like the word technical. You could make an excuse for 100 frees in a game but no one wants that. Well I don't. We didn't get the rub but as silly as it sounds there is probably a thread on the Hawks fan forum complaining about the umpires. Anyway Im more interested about things our club can do like trying to
win every game we play in or whether Longer or Hickey should ruck or whether Lee or Goddard play this week.
I dont understand, how our team can attempt to win games when our key full forward is deliberately and illegally impeded at almost every marking contest.

Arent the umpires supposed to umpire illegal holding? I mean I saw them penalise the Saints for illegal holding on a number of times, why, when looking directly at the marking contests, they ignore the illegal hold.

A woman had the umpires on her head phones and she said Joey asked about the hold in the second quarter and umpire no.7 said "I see your point". He saw the point that the hold was illegal but would pay a free kick. And not one was paid for the rest of the game although Gibson continued to do it.

Appalling. Not even incompetent, just well I dont know what to call it.

Look the umpiring did not change the result but did change the scores. It is just frustrating to know an umpire acknowledged the illegal holds but did nothing about it for the rest of the game.

Many others would have a name for this type of umpiring.

You are garbage - Enough said
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:When we're a better team, we'll get a better run from the umps.
Is that because they're corrupt or just incompetent?
Because bottom teams rarely get the rub of the green. I remember at one point in 2009, we had more free kicks than any other team.

Enough of the nice men in suits. Bring in some admin who demand success!
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:Image
pretty damning photo

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

To me the worst decision was the non kicking in danger with Armo

There should be no benefit of doubt in these cases as one day a player will have his hand broken. It is one of the worst and dangerous looks in Football, when someone has their hands on the ball (as Armo did) and a kick comes through

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:To me the worst decision was the non kicking in danger with Armo

There should be no benefit of doubt in these cases as one day a player will have his hand broken. It is one of the worst and dangerous looks in Football, when someone has their hands on the ball (as Armo did) and a kick comes through

What was worse is the fact the umpire had no reason not to pay it. They had clear view and there was no doubt. Umpire chose to ignore a clear free.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:To me the worst decision was the non kicking in danger with Armo

What was worse is the fact the umpire had no reason not to pay it. They had clear view and there was no doubt. Umpire chose to ignore a clear free.
He was probably hoping that Armo took the Hawk's players legs...so he could pay contact below the knees against Armo :shock: :shock:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i know we get some stiff calls but this is getting a bit tiresome every freakin week

i saw hodge held without the ball and then get ridden into the ground
no free, for either

get over it
the umps do not go out there and single out st kilda players
sure some shite calls are made but fmd....its not some vendetta against our club

surely :shock:

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

matrix wrote:i know we get some stiff calls but this is getting a bit tiresome every freakin week

no free, for either

get over it
sure some shite calls are made but fmd....its not some vendetta against our club

no they might not but

this year we are -39 on frees, only behind cats -45
compared to west coast +60 and rich +50

I am sure you see the maths there a 99 free kick discrepancy

Having said that 8 of the 18 teams are only within a +/- 6 free kicks, so fairly stable and consistent

As it has been said so many times it is not the decisions it is the non decisions that are ones

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
matrix wrote:i know we get some stiff calls but this is getting a bit tiresome every freakin week

no free, for either

get over it

no they might not but

Having said that 8 of the 18 teams are only within a +/- 6 free kicks, so fairly stable and consistent

As it has been said so many times it is not the decisions it is the non decisions that are ones

Well then why mention the decisions? Surely its both anyway.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

no free, for either

get over it

Happening most weeks which is the problem. Runs of frees when we are in the game of 12-0 have happened twice and this week it was 15-3. Its a joke and whats worse is the frees they miss are so very blatant.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
pretty damning photo
What say you plugger66 with those 4 photos all against Roughhead?
1st photo - Delaney shepparded out,
2nd - Newnes high
3rd - Newnes high, Ray tunneled
4th - Ray tunneled

That's 3 frees. Will you concede that at least one of them (if not all three) should have been a free kick to us? Can you take your blinkers of one moment?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:

no free, for either

get over it

no they might not but

Well then why mention the decisions? Surely its both anyway.
because it is the non decisions that should go to us (eg Armitage kicking in danger eg the incorrect dispoal Shiels) that would push us back to a reasonably square ledger.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

being second to the ball does not help

there is no conspiracy against st kilda in the free kick dept

unless theres a secret handshake deal between the fraternal brotherhood of unpiring :roll:

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:
pretty damning photo
2nd - Newnes high
4th - Ray tunneled

That's 3 frees. Will you concede that at least one of them (if not all three) should have been a free kick to us? Can you take your blinkers of one moment?

This is shows the issue that cant be defended by umpires. They pay that free to Schoenmakers when Dempster had eyes for the ball and gifts them a goal yet miss three blatant frees in one incident.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:being second to the ball does not help

there is no conspiracy against st kilda in the free kick dept

unless theres a secret handshake deal between the fraternal brotherhood of unpiring :roll:

We were not second to the ball in the first quarter against Collingwood Carlton and Hawthorn but copped a reaming for a extended period.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:
pretty damning photo
2nd - Newnes high
4th - Ray tunneled

No idea. I would have to watch the game again which isn't going to happen. I don't watch us lose and I certainly don't watch the umpires. Taking a still frame and deciding it is a free or not is rather hilarious. Im not joking when I say there could be 150 frees a game if we did it like that. And what are my blinkers? I said we didn't get the rub. I was to busy watching the players and the game to really worry about umpires.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

:roll:

its fascinating seeing a new thread each week on how the game was umpired
i wake up after game day and im logged on before ive even boiled the kettle im that eager to see what the opinions are on the free kick status

news flash
other teams dont get free kicks they deserve as well
i know!, hard to believe huh
but the stats of + and - mean we are on the sharp pointy end of a conspiracy

but sure
umps are crooked.....only towards us

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

It is not only that the Hawks had the most frees, it was where and when they got them. Early in the game it was 8 to Hawthorn, 1 to Saints. From those 8, Hawthorn had kicked at least two goals, and the momentum of the game had changed from a good contest, to Hawthorn ascendancy, thanks to the umpires.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:
pretty damning photo
2nd - Newnes high
4th - Ray tunneled

No idea. I would have to watch the game again which isn't going to happen. I don't watch us lose and I certainly don't watch the umpires. Taking a still frame and deciding it is a free or not is rather hilarious. Im not joking when I say there could be 150 frees a game if we did it like that. And what are my blinkers? I said we didn't get the rub. I was to busy watching the players and the game to really worry about umpires.
Who's watching the umpires? Certainly not I. It's pretty obvious though when blatant free kicks are ignored and no one needs to be looking at the umpire to know no whistle is being blown.

Of course no one wants 150 free kicks per game. We also don't want 3 free kicks in a half when others are there but are being missed. I don't know what the answer is but it isn't putting your head in the sand and just meekly accepting another reaming.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Who's watching the umpires? Certainly not I. It's pretty obvious though when blatant free kicks are ignored and no one needs to be looking at the umpire to know no whistle is being blown.

Of course no one wants 150 free kicks per game. We also don't want 3 free kicks in a half when others are there but are being missed. I don't know what the answer is but it isn't putting your head in the sand and just meekly accepting another reaming.

Well we cant do a thing on here. Nothing we say will change it so the choice is we whinge on here and feel better or we ignore it. Being an umpire I mainly ignore it where as others don't. Its a choice but neither options will change the umpiring.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:
pretty damning photo
2nd - Newnes high
4th - Ray tunneled

If you were at the game you were pretty much on your lonesome in not picking up what the umpires were doing with free kicks as they were booed off the ground at half time

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:
pretty damning photo
2nd - Newnes high
4th - Ray tunneled

It was freaking obvious in real time. The Saints fans thought we were finally getting a free and they made up something ridiculous to send it the Hawks way. It was shamefully stupid. I reckon someone wanted over 100 points to the Hawks and there are a few umpires overseas trips being paid for in the off season. It was an embarrassment that it is a professional sport and it can be that bad.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
It was freaking obvious in real time. The Saints fans thought we were finally getting a free and they made up something ridiculous to send it the Hawks way. It was shamefully stupid. I reckon someone wanted over 100 points to the Hawks and there are a few umpires overseas trips being paid for in the off season. It was an embarrassment that it is a professional sport and it can be that bad.

It maybe obvious in real time but I wasn't asked about that. And yep that was it. The umpires bet on the Hawks to win by over 100 points. No wonder its hard to serious discuss the umpiring.

Freebird
Club Player

no free, for either

get over it

Your bad: Guessing you've been screwed over a few times in your life
Your good: Would not know

Freebird
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote:
terry smith rules wrote:
pretty damning photo
2nd - Newnes high
4th - Ray tunneled

Why bother with plug...FFS thinks the afl is fair.