Gilbert cost us the game!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Re: Gilbert cost us the game!

#gosaintas wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:What's the point in asking 3 times?
I would back Goddard or Lee's body to outlast Fisher's.
Have you even seen them play? Goddard maybe, but Lee? Spare me days, this place get more idiotic by the second.
Seen them both play.

Well you are a terrible judge of football. Goddard maybe, but Lee is not at AFL standard. Bloody hell TDL and Brown look a million dollars at VFL level. Clint Jones got 38 touches and laid 18 tackles on the weekend but got bagged mercilessly for not being up to it at AFL.

Lee may, just may, make it to say a James Gwilt standard down back if lucky, but replaces nobody in the seniors team at the moment. Goddard will be a good player and a regular, but I would go with professional coaches over a nobody on the internet who bags out an AA backman.

You are garbage - Enough said
#gosaintas
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:What's the point in asking 3 times?
I would back Goddard or Lee's body to outlast Fisher's.
Have you even seen them play? Goddard maybe, but Lee? Spare me days, this place get more idiotic by the second.
Seen them both play.

Well you are a terrible judge of football. Goddard maybe, but Lee is not at AFL standard. Bloody hell TDL and Brown look a million dollars at VFL level. Clint Jones got 38 touches and laid 18 tackles on the weekend but got bagged mercilessly for not being up to it at AFL.

Lee may, just may, make it to say a James Gwilt standard down back if lucky, but replaces nobody in the seniors team at the moment. Goddard will be a good player and a regular, but I would go with professional coaches over a nobody on the internet who bags out an AA backman.
Who's bagging Fisher you jibbering sensationalist? So what if he was an AA backman...time has caught up with him. He was great. He's not anymore. Lee may or may not make it as a backman but we won't find out unless we play him. Goddard is ready now. Fisher is finished. Gilbert needs to move to the wing so his clangers don't immediately cause goals.
It's not that hard and the selectors will eventually come around. Time to move fwd not channel 2009.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

#gosaintas wrote:Who's bagging Fisher you jibbering sensationalist?
You are like you bag out many on our team.

#gosaintas wrote:So what if he was an AA backman...time has caught up with him.
Who says? Some nobody nuffie on an internet forum. Would value Richo and the coaches opinion of Fisher considering they actually have some knowledge of his physical condition over a nobody.
#gosaintas wrote: He was great. He's not anymore.
Who says? You? lol. Who are you? A nobody with no information on Fishers physical condition, only ignorant poorly thought out opinion state as fact.
#gosaintas wrote: Lee may or may not make it as a backman but we won't find out unless we play him.
They real people who know something about football, the knowledgable ones, the STKFC coaching and developing staff, are finding out in the VFL, and what they are finding out is that he is not ready
#gosaintas wrote: Goddard is ready now.
Maybe, maybe no.
#gosaintas wrote:Fisher is finished.
Who says? Not the Saints coaching staff and they know a lot more than some nobody making wholly dumb and increasingly ignorant sweeping statements.

#gosaintas wrote: Gilbert needs to move to the wing so his clangers don't immediately cause goals.
Who says? What would you know about where he should be played? Are you a coach of an AFL club? You know less than nothing about any of the players, you just make increasingly hysterical proclimations about things you have absolutely no idea about.
#gosaintas wrote:It's not that hard and the selectors will eventually come around. Time to move fwd not channel 2009.
How arrogant are you. You think you know more than the selectors. Hilarious. You are a nobody with no clue. Ignorance is your modis operandi, oh and making statements without one skerrick of fact of analysis to back up any of your claims.

For you to think you have any idea is really quite funny and a bit sad. Really head shaking stuff.

You really have no idea do you?

#gosaintas
Club Player

How arrogant are you. You think you know more than the selectors. Hilarious. You are a nobody with no clue. Ignorance is your modis operandi, oh and making statements without one skerrick of fact of analysis to back up any of your claims.

For you to think you have any idea is really quite funny and a bit sad. Really head shaking stuff.

Jibbering sensationalist.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

#gosaintas wrote:How arrogant are you. You think you know more than the selectors. Hilarious. You are a nobody with no clue. Ignorance is your modis operandi, oh and making statements without one skerrick of fact of analysis to back up any of your claims.

lol

Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Intelligent response or is it just trolling?

Lets see

Cant answer the post. Obviously you have nothing except one line statements.

So you actually think you know more than the coach and selectors. Hilarious

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I cop abuse and respond by calling someone a moron and get a 'mod warning'. Please. This place is an absolute JOKE.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:I cop abuse and respond by calling someone a moron and get a 'mod warning'. Please. This place is an absolute JOKE.
Tissue? Don't abuse people and you wont get warned, quite simple.

Don't like it, you are free to not post here, it is not compulsory you know.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... do abuse people in 'the correct way' ,
(the non warning way)
is probably a little more accurate

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
#gosaintas
Club Player

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:How arrogant are you. You think you know more than the selectors. Hilarious. You are a nobody with no clue. Ignorance is your modis operandi, oh and making statements without one skerrick of fact of analysis to back up any of your claims.

lol

Lets see

As you are well aware, I have stated my view.
Your view is that the selectors know best.
I have been to all Sandy home games and I will be looking forward to watching Goddard and Lee in the 1sts this year, until then I am enjoying their great form in the 2's. Fortunately for me I will be right and Fisher, Gilbert and Schneider will all be gone soon. Dad's army will be disbanded shortly and I will be very happy to see them go.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Old Mate wrote:I cop abuse and respond by calling someone a moron and get a 'mod warning'. Please. This place is an absolute JOKE.

You are the one that had a go first. Tough behind a computer screen aren't you joffa? You are a joke

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SPECIAL COMMENTS

Cameron Ling — after St Kilda defender Sam Gilbert sprayed an inside 50.

“That’s 26 inside 40s now for St Kilda to 12, they have just wasted the foot going forward ... even Sam Gilbert, one of the better kicks in the AFL ...”

Unfortunately for Lingy, it would be Gilbert’s wayward kicking which helped the Bulldogs eclipse the Saints at Etihad Stadium.

Gilbert pinpointed Bulldogs forward Jarrad Grant with a pass under pressure just before half time which resulted in a crucial goal.

He also gifted Fletcher Roberts a shot on goal (he missed) with another wayward kick before being caught holding the ball trying to make something late in the match.

Jake Stringer played on quickly from the free kick, finding Lukas Webb who put the game beyond doubt with his first goal in league footy.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

WindSister wrote:... do abuse people in 'the correct way' ,
(the non warning way)
Pretty much. You can guarantee Joffa Would've reported the post to the mods. That's his MO. Bait....Dob....Rinse.....Repeat. You just gotta larf.

#gosaintas
Club Player

Pretty soft from Joffa to cause an argument and then run off to the teacher to report the agro that he/she caused.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Pretty soft from Joffa to cause an argument and then run off to the teacher to report the agro that he/she caused.
Yup but I'll move on now. There's plenty of good posters here that you can have good discussion with.

Personally feel Gilbert hasn't shown his body can still handle the riggers of AFL footy and that's why I have him retiring at the end of the year. I think one of Dempster, Gilbert or Fisher remain on the list. Dempster the most durable so he stays for mine. The other two sadly have played limited footy over the past 2-3 years. Age catching up with them.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

You just gotta larf.
... thats the Spirit.
'n play a sharper Game.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

#gosaintas wrote:Pretty soft from Joffa to cause an argument and then run off to the teacher to report the agro that he/she caused.
Reported for baiting.
Last edited by Bunk_Moreland on Tue 30 Jun 2015 4:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

#gosaintas wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

lol

Lets see

As you are well aware, I have stated my view.
Your view is that the selectors know best.
I have been to all Sandy home games and I will be looking forward to watching Goddard and Lee in the 1sts this year, until then I am enjoying their great form in the 2's. Fortunately for me I will be right and Fisher, Gilbert and Schneider will all be gone soon. Dad's army will be disbanded shortly and I will be very happy to see them go.
Why happy? Don't you support the players?

I do think you are correct that Fisher and Schneider will go, but not until year end.

And yes you are correct, the coaches do know more than you.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:
(the non warning way)
Pretty much. You can guarantee Joffa Would've reported the post to the mods. That's his MO. Bait....Dob....Rinse.....Repeat. You just gotta larf.
Reported for baiting

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Do any of you guys do any work?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

You are the one that had a go first. Tough behind a computer screen aren't you joffa? You are a joke
lol - had a go. thin skin because I said your comment was ludicrious. Said nothing about you.

Tough behind a computer lol - what is this grade 5? Wanna meet behind the bike sheds for a fight or something - you are the joke.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote:Do any of you guys do any work?
Reported for asking relevant questions

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

WindSister wrote:
You just gotta larf.
... thats the Spirit.
'n play a sharper Game.

Reported for being the smartest guy in the room.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
(the non warning way)
Reported for baiting
Reported for using multiple alias.
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:

lol - had a go. thin skin because I said your comment was ludicrious. Said nothing about you.

Tough behind a computer lol - what is this grade 5? Wanna meet behind the bike sheds for a fight or something - you are the joke.
Reported for making a threat.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Whats thos fascination with Gilbert going? Unless we got a trade that was unexpected he is far to young and good to delist when we have the likes of Ray, Siposs, Simpkin, Pierce, Saunders and Murdoch on the list. He stays for sure.

And Im reporting you all for not including me in the fight.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I'm reporting everyone on here.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.