Team v dogs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v dogs

I reckon if I was coach today, I would have Roo spend a bit of time dropping into the backline do some more intercept marking work and sit in the gap between HB and FB - might just put a bit more pressure on the Dog forwards and add a bit of height and strength where it's needed.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

spert wrote:I reckon if I was coach today, I would have Roo spend a bit of time dropping into the backline do some more intercept marking work and sit in the gap between HB and FB - might just put a bit more pressure on the Dog forwards and add a bit of height and strength where it's needed.
I think you'll get your wish. While Paddy and Bruce are up forward I think Roo will play further up the ground, even so far as to help out across half back. As soon as Bruce goes into the ruck or he'll play deeper up front.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
The_Merchant
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
To the top wrote:Where I think Minchington is up against it is that he is 179cm and weighs 82Kg's.

So about Montagna size.

At that size I just do not think he is going to dominate clearances at AFL level - altho he does at VFL level.

My thoughts are that, at that size, you need real pace to capitalize on "outside" opportunities.

Currently, since debuting in 2013, he has played 10 AFL games and kicked 12 goals.

There are exceptions such as Mitchell and Ablett, but look at their body size v. Minchington. They can hold their own in the clinches.
No different in size or physical attributes to Dion Prestia or Taylor Adams etc.
...or Sinclair who is 180 and 80. (Though I do like Sinclair as an in).
Que? I was responding to a post about Minchington. The general issue seems to be that Minchington is dominant at VFL level but the club has decided - based on some theoretical reason - rather than actual facts - that he isnt an AFL player.

Didn't Minch play the last three rounds last year. He averaged 10 possessions from 85% game time. Sinclair after his first year has more runs on the board.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.