Ins and outs vs Pies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ins and outs vs Pies

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
SMS wrote: Lee is a lost causez. He has amazing potential being 194cm with a beautiful kick and sometimes great mark but he cant handle AFL. Maybe if he changed his 14 year old haircut and got serious. But Lee is a joker and doesnt fully believe he belongs THATs the problem. Hes a boy. Lets bot waste anymore time until he mans up.
This is absolutely spot on. For a mid 20's man, he is very immature and has not got the steely resolve or focus required of an elite AFL player.

IMO, from a recruiting team that ostensibly values personality and leadership abilities as much as skill level, Lee is clearly an oversight when it came to recruiting requirements.

IMO, despite the fact that he is on the fringes as one can be, he still does not truly 'want it'.

How a guy like Adams can come in and demand his spot in a strong WB team as much as he has in 2 matches, where someone like Lee - equal (if not more) ability, size, training/pre season exposure etc is a massive disappointment.
Biggest load of crap I have read by anyone on here for a long time.

Lee was the best leader both on and off the field on Saturday at Willi. Was directing the defence when on the field, and when off was very vocal, talking to the players coming off, giving them advice, and being extremely proactive.

You two don't know what you are on about. He may not make it but don't make crap up about him personally. :roll:
I agree with Bunk. What does 'focus' or 'steely resolve' even mean? Are you judging him by his scruffy haircut? What a load of codswallop. Lee hasnt been given an opportunuity to play as a defender in the AFL. What would you have him do? Get a crew cut and walk around with a 'blue steel' expression on his face? AT least he can kick it straight. That is more important to me than some vague impression of his appearance. Because Geary has a 'serious' look on his face - that seems to cover for the fact he cant kick at an AFL standard. This is all nonsense.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
SMS wrote: Lee is a lost causez. He has amazing potential being 194cm with a beautiful kick and sometimes great mark but he cant handle AFL. Maybe if he changed his 14 year old haircut and got serious. But Lee is a joker and doesnt fully believe he belongs THATs the problem. Hes a boy. Lets bot waste anymore time until he mans up.
This is absolutely spot on. For a mid 20's man, he is very immature and has not got the steely resolve or focus required of an elite AFL player.

IMO, from a recruiting team that ostensibly values personality and leadership abilities as much as skill level, Lee is clearly an oversight when it came to recruiting requirements.

IMO, despite the fact that he is on the fringes as one can be, he still does not truly 'want it'.

How a guy like Adams can come in and demand his spot in a strong WB team as much as he has in 2 matches, where someone like Lee - equal (if not more) ability, size, training/pre season exposure etc is a massive disappointment.

Lee was the best leader both on and off the field on Saturday at Willi. Was directing the defence when on the field, and when off was very vocal, talking to the players coming off, giving them advice, and being extremely proactive.

You two don't know what you are on about. He may not make it but don't make crap up about him personally. :roll:
And what's he like Monday - Friday Bunk, those extra hours required, discipline and going above and beyond?

Knowing someone closely involved with the club, despite Lee being a great bloke, has a real lack of application and desire when it counts. When no one is watching.

Couldn't care less how much he talks to young players running around in the VFL on game day. It's his actions that speak much louder, and from what I'm led to believe, it's not in his nature to attack his footy career with everything he has. Thats not a criticism of him as a person, 99.9% of the community also don't need such commitment in their job to merely earn their pay, but for him to succeed, Riewoldt like sacrifice is required.

And in terms of biggest load of crap, there's some serious garbage floating around here, so you've made my day!!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Honestly, if we hold out for 4 quarters producing the effort we showed against Port, we'll do alright against the Pies.

I can't see the need for a whole raft of panic changes when no-one expected us to win any of the first 4 games this season anyway. Keeping the team together, improving communication, effort and confidence in each other will serve the us better in the long run. Acres may have served his sentence and drop back into the team at the expense of Gresham (the kid's had a taste), or Minch get a run for a reasonable effort (remembering that VFL praccy match form doesn't necessarily translate to AFL), but I can't see anything drastic like 5 changes. We'll see.

I'd be surprised to not see Lee get a run, but not sure there's a necessity for it at this stage.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Outs: Roo (playing injured), Gresham (omitted), Dunstan (omitted), Dempster (inj/omit)
Ins: Membrey, Minchinton, 8cres, Lee

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Out: Gresham, Dunstan, Sinclair
In: Membrey, Minchington, Acres

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

It would be a brilliant lesson for Goddard to play on Cloke. This is the sort of role he will be doing down the track. Why not give him a go now? It would free Fisher up who is our only backmen who can work the ball out of the backline with his kicking consistently and with few errors. We missed that badly last week. We need to be more damaging from the back or we'll get pinned in again. Geary and Dempster are negators. Free the Fisher!

Sounds like Membrey did pretty good in the ressies. Maybe you give him a go over Sinclair who was pretty ordinary although he was pretty rusty I guess. We really need to work out if Membrey is an AFL player or not. If him and Lee struggle we might need to look at drafting another young tall/medium forward.

SMS
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

And what's he like Monday - Friday Bunk, those extra hours required, discipline and going above and beyond?

Knowing someone closely involved with the club, despite Lee being a great bloke, has a real lack of application and desire when it counts. When no one is watching.

Couldn't care less how much he talks to young players running around in the VFL on game day. It's his actions that speak much louder, and from what I'm led to believe, it's not in his nature to attack his footy career with everything he has. Thats not a criticism of him as a person, 99.9% of the community also don't need such commitment in their job to merely earn their pay, but for him to succeed, Riewoldt like sacrifice is required.

And in terms of biggest load of crap, there's some serious garbage floating around here, so you've made my day!!
Thank you for proving my point.

So LEE pushes around younger blokes in the VFL?? WHOOPDEEDO thats a sign of a coward. Someone who squibs a chanllenge of a higher level (afl) but throws his weight around against weaker people in a weaker level.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE lee get a crew cut and a steely stare!!! Would be a great start. Sometimes we feel how we present.
He presents like a 14 year old virgin. I do not want a 14 year old virgin as our KDP.

Goddard has already shown more balls and he will be an afl gun. Do you not see the difference.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

As a 14 year old virgin, I take offense at your comments. I'm very handy, ahem..,.down back!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
SMS
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:As a 14 year old virgin, I take offense at your comments. I'm very handy, ahem..,.down back!
Lol

That maybe at junior level (where lee belongs still as a 25 year old)
But sorry 14 year old virgins dont belong in AFL.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

SMS wrote:a

So LEE pushes around younger blokes in the VFL?? WHOOPDEEDO thats a sign of a coward. Someone who squibs a chanllenge of a higher level (afl) but throws his weight around against weaker people in a weaker level.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE lee get a crew cut and a steely stare!!! Would be a great start. Sometimes we feel how we present.
He presents like a 14 year old virgin. I do not want a 14 year old virgin as our KDP.

Goddard has already shown more balls and he will be an afl gun. Do you not see the difference.
And you just lectured me on respect. Nice trolling.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I'm loving this whole homo-erotic schtick with the 14 year old virgins, sharp haircuts and steely glare...

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

SMS wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

Calling Lee a coward is just complete and utter garbage and a disgrace, no one that runs out on to a footy field in the AFL or VFL can ever be called a coward. Lee may lack intensity and may not be up to AFL standard, but he is certainly not a coward

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

SMS wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

You two are off your rockers. One has a friend of a friend who has an opinion of something he says Lee does that, in his words, nobody sees :roll:

SMS calls Lee a bully and coward for being vocal and trying to lead and advise the kids. What a load of absolute crap. You are attacking someone personally from a complete base of ignorance.

Were you there on Saturday next to the interchange? Have you even seen him play for Sandy?

The only cowardly thing I can see is some anonymous nobody being a loudmouth on the internet calling a player a coward because he was helping the younger players and actually being the best player for Sandy in the backs.

Pull your head in and actually know what in hell you are talking about. Steely stare FFS :roll: :roll: :roll:

You are garbage - Enough said
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:I'm loving this whole homo-erotic schtick with the 14 year old virgins, sharp haircuts and steely glare...
Yes sound like a bit of a fantasy.

You are garbage - Enough said
Playon
Club Player

Shh this is a secret thread dont tell kosifantutti

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

We probably should bring Goddard in to play against Moore, apparently Goddard always had his measure in schoolboy football,

bigred
Saintsational Legend

If Minch doesn't get a game I'm gonna switch to Hawthorn.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
felix
Club Player

Looks like some of the posters on here are fashionista s or bloody hairdressers ..Style masters ..I'm sure a number one shave will make somebody a better footballer...nfi

dragit
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:If Minch doesn't get a game I'm gonna switch to Hawthorn.
> Acres is my melt down man this week… but I may switch to a ready-made, Gold Coast or GWS?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

March 1979 - Three Mile Island

April 1986 - Chernobyl

March 2011 - Fukushima Daiichi

March 2016 - Saintsational

March/April is obviously a high risk period for meltdowns

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:March 1979 - Three Mile Island

April 1986 - Chernobyl

March 2011 - Fukushima Daiichi

March 2016 - Saintsational

March/April is obviously a high risk period for meltdowns Image
:D :D :D

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Haha!!!

Happy meltdown day!

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

If we lose to Pies by a fair bit then it will be crocodile dundee style - "That's not a meltdown....THIS is a meltdown"

loris
Saintsational Legend

Bunk_Moreland wrote:
SMS wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
Bunk_Moreland wrote:
Sobraz wrote:

You two are off your rockers. One has a friend of a friend who has an opinion of something he says Lee does that, in his words, nobody sees :roll:

SMS calls Lee a bully and coward for being vocal and trying to lead and advise the kids. What a load of absolute crap. You are attacking someone personally from a complete base of ignorance.

Were you there on Saturday next to the interchange? Have you even seen him play for Sandy?

The only cowardly thing I can see is some anonymous nobody being a loudmouth on the internet calling a player a coward because he was helping the younger players and actually being the best player for Sandy in the backs.

Pull your head in and actually know what in hell you are talking about. Steely stare FFS :roll: :roll: :roll:
B_M.......Methinks a couple of posters are picking up on what Plugger66/ripplugger66 was intimating during the preseason.
That ex-poster a couple of times threw in veiled comments that a person ITK said that Lee's attitude wasn't what it should be. Well all I can say, if posters thought that the ex-plugging poster really did get confidential/accurate information from the Club, in the style of an ex-poster 'stinger'.................... wtf :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Tom Lee is getting a blow-wave just in case he's called up last minute.