Team v Dees

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team v Dees

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gilbert play on Watts wherever he plays.
Watts is named in the forward line but plays much of the game as a 'link' between defence and attack. Gilbert is tall enough and fast enough to play on him wherever Watts is.
Hence no need for an extra 'tall' in our defence - Lee subsequently omitted.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:
chook23 wrote:McCartin......MANAGED...... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Type 1 Diabetes = will never be an elite athlete, will always have to be managed.

Hey ace - I call bulls***

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... h_diabetes

#1 Ryder fan
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Man Lee really is unlucky. Thought he did some really strong things.

+1 - I thought Tom Lee was one of the few genuine positives from last week against GWS. For the very first time - I got a faint feeling that we may not have entirely wasted out Goddard compo pick after all. Hope he kicks on now as a genuine 3rd tall back with Hugh & Jake. We sure as hell need his kicking skills out of the backline.

Go you red, black & white warriors
#gosaintas
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Gilbert play on Watts wherever he plays.
Watts is named in the forward line but plays much of the game as a 'link' between defence and attack. Gilbert is tall enough and fast enough to play on him wherever Watts is.

Will be great to have Gilbert's disposal skills in the backline. What a weapon.

For Melbourne.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
tony74 wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Disappointed with the team as selected. Dropping Lee and McCartin, two talls, and bringing no talls in. Not clever selection.
Lee was one of our better players after the first quarter last week.
Melbourne have played the same way the last 5 weeks and the three NAB cup games before that. Remember we played them then. Basically in all their games the forwards for either teams didn't do a lot. It will be won or lost in the middle third. Hopefully we will have a lot of options, them not so many.
Horses for courses.
What a crock.
A politician's response.
Answer the question regarding Lee!
You say you're an insider; you might just be the guy sealing envelopes in Merchandise!
Don't be a dick. Tony's little snippets always ring true (and there is only so much he can say). Obviously they want more midfield grunt with Acres and Gresham to mix it with Demons as that is a strength of theirs. Lee is the sacrificial tall this week.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:
tony74 wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Disappointed with the team as selected. Dropping Lee and McCartin, two talls, and bringing no talls in. Not clever selection.
Lee was one of our better players after the first quarter last week.
Melbourne have played the same way the last 5 weeks and the three NAB cup games before that. Remember we played them then. Basically in all their games the forwards for either teams didn't do a lot. It will be won or lost in the middle third. Hopefully we will have a lot of options, them not so many.
Horses for courses.
What a crock.
A politician's response.
Answer the question regarding Lee!
You say you're an insider; you might just be the guy sealing envelopes in Merchandise!
Don't be a dick. Tony's little snippets always ring true (and there is only so much he can say). Obviously they want more midfield grunt with Acres and Gresham to mix it with Demons as that is a strength of theirs. Lee is the sacrificial tall this week.
+1

A mate of mine asked if he should trade Lee into his Fantasy team this week and I told him he wouldn't play despite a good performance, as we'd be carrying an extra tall. Don't need to be an 'insider' to work it out.

Having said that though, does Frost play CHF? Gilbert to Watts, Dempster/Fisher to Hogan/Frost?

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Really simple game this one.

Win the battle of the midfield,and we can play Gresham on Hogan, they ain't going to kick a winning score.

We need to get right on top of Viney, Jones and Vince in particular, mitigate Gawn's influence, and we're sure to win.

Easier said than done, as Viney is having a blinding season. Gawn is clearly the best ruck in the comp after 6 rounds. Jones is a warrior equal to Armo, finally with some support. Vince can be very damaging pushing forward and is great hurting their way when doing a shut down.

Their backline is very suspect and I really think Paddy could've had a bit of an influence this week as McDonald and Dunn would have their hands well and truly full with Roo and Bruce. Not to be.

Anyway. Midfield is where it starts and ends.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

#gosaintas wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Gilbert play on Watts wherever he plays.

For Melbourne.
Really? had 19 disposals at 90% efficiency last week and so far this year has gone at 79% which is higher than the league average, but hey keep talking crap

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Steady on, Mad Dog :)

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

BringBackMadDog wrote:
#gosaintas wrote:

For Melbourne.
Really? had 19 disposals at 90% efficiency last week and so far this year has gone at 79% which is higher than the league average, but hey keep talking crap
This is Saintsational.

Facts are irrelevant.