Further list changes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: Further list changes

Linton Lodger wrote:Gee, Templeton, Lee & Murdoch are stiff, particularly Eli.

Brisbane or Carlton, and perhaps a few others, could do a lot worse then pick them up.

We must really hold Holmes in high regard.
When it comes to fringe players it is the specialty players like Holmes that have the most value.
If we don't need Holmes then he may have some trade value in future.
But Templeton, Shenton and Lee unfortunately are like another 100 fringe players at other clubs, easily replaced.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
st.byron wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Playing for himself and not the team would be his biggest problem.
I would have been surprised if he was not delisted.
How do you know this Bernard? Is it a personal observation or something you've heard?

I'd like to know why he was cut. He seems to have a lot of potential and is still young. Why did they make the call to let him go?

Perhaps this from Richo is at the heart of it. "“He needs to go another level with his endurance and he needs to get stronger and put on a bit more size in the gym – that will enable him to be able to cope with the bigger bodies in there at AFL level."

If so surely they are things that can be developed. And he was cutting it up in the seconds. Maybe there is something personal there as Bernard has suggested.
Only from what I've seen and heard at Sandy.
In a final last year he could hardly walk and refused to come off until a third message ordering him off.
This year he's also ignored direction from the bench virtually every week.
You can see and hear a lot at VFL games!
StB, one of the posters I always take note of his comments on Saints players playing for Sandi is, BS.
Reasons being:

BS goes to the Sandi games, he doesn't just see the occasional game on telly and make generalised statements from an odd viewing.

BS doesn't usually 'pot' players, any criticism he gives is usually qualified by an objective reason, not some emotive response.

BS often comments on the bigger picture at Sandi and the contradictions inherent in playing in a team for Sandi v playing as an individual to get promoted to the Saints senior team.

BS over the past few seasons has been correct more times than not when stating players were close to being selected in the seniors.

BS isn't one espousing 'X' should be getting a game now; Richo doesn't like 'X', just because they like the cut of 'X's jib, or they don't like the style/age/size of the player in the seniors who is keeping 'X' out of the team.

Occasionally I thought BS was the ghost writer for Paul Hudson! At times, BS would give an opinion on Saints players after a match for Sandi on SS, then a few days later, on the Saints.com site, Paul Hudson would be expressing the exact same sentiments.

StB they are some of the reasons I take on board what what BS says - he seems to be more in tune with the reality of what, who & why at Sandi IMHO. Also I remember another poster(whose name escapes me at the mo', it may have been Big Mart) once stating that Eli needed to play 'a role less for himself and more the role his coaches and Sandi required of him'.

Of all the delisted players, Eli is the one I wish wasn't being delisted. :(

Oh, well maybe Essendope will pick him up and he can then live out his boyhood dreams? I can still recall the first interview after his first game for the Saints. He was asked about his dreadlocks. He said he had supported Essendon and that Dyson Heppel was his favourite player and that was why he grew his hair in that fashion.
Cheers Loris. It makes sense that there is some stuff involved in this decision beyond it being just about his ability to play.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

You would think if Eli's lack of discipline in not following coaches directions, would have found him playing in the Development League side. I just think Trout didnt believe he would make it!

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

prwilkinson wrote:Someone around the footy club needs to tell Paddy McCartin to take the number 4 jumper since it's just been vacated. Would love to see a big power forward playing out of the square in the old number 4. Pppppadddddddddyyyyyyyy....
How good would that be! ..but I don't reckon he would take the number 4 if it's offered. Just a feeling, but I reckon he would be quite happy to stick with what he's been given and make his own history.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote:You would think if Eli's lack of discipline in not following coaches directions, would have found him playing in the Development League side. I just think Trout didnt believe he would make it!
Trout has nothing to do with it. Richo calls the shots.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Impatient Sainter wrote:You would think if Eli's lack of discipline in not following coaches directions, would have found him playing in the Development League side. I just think Trout didnt believe he would make it!
Richo is on the List Management team but Trout manages it!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
I'm pretty sure the coach has the last say on who goes or stays. Elshaugh's job is to recruit.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote: