Pierce - Good game No 2

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pierce - Good game No 2

scallopsroe wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 12:52pm So Big Ben McEvoy had the better of Lewis last night. A 190 gamer against a 3 gamer, this is unexpected?
Benny got taken to the cleaners in the 2010 GF replay against Collingwood and an experienced Jolley, he was a young ruckman thrown to the wolves so early in his career. Give Lewis a break for goodness sake.
Lewis has along way to go, granted, but playing him in the VFL isn't going to help his development. In my opinion he is way ahead of Longer and Hickey. Marshall is very good and improving with each chance offered to him.
Our lack of player development is a major cause for our current position. Look at how the Hawks have allowed their young players to learn from their experienced group of players. Patience and hard work and being prepared to accept the odd stuff up should be our strategy.
Well said. Some posters want our young players to dominate in their first 20 or so games.

Lewis will learn by actually playing against each opposition ruckman and he'll have to battle their strengths in a real game rather than in development team meetings on paper.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Fair game by Lewis and especially as it was only his 3rd game. There is something to work with there.

Yes not enough to be a lock for No1 next season, BUT in these two games he has been good enough to open up more possibilities now for 2019.

This weekend both ITKs here and on BF both have pretty much stated that Lycett is coming for 2019.

So that means that one option now will be keep Pierce as the back up ruck (along with Marshall) and trade off both Longer and Hickey if suitable offers are available for them. Who knows, another club may also have seen enough in Pierce to offer something for him?

Now we are not going to get much for any of them. Longer/Pierce could gain late second rounder/third rounders or be steak knives in trading for a player.

With no second and third round picks this year need to get some picks back.

Hopefully if we do trade for Hannebery it will not involve our first pick (I would be filthy) and the Swans can take some bundled picks to use towards an academy player.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintly
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 4:47pm For Richardson to say he hasn’t seen the guy live in 2018 is an appalling indictment of his (Richardson’s) work methods.
How is richo expected to see Pierce live when he is expected to be at the sandy games when possible. I dont think youre being fair. As well Pierce's ruck coach should be able to pass on the info

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 8:57pm
thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 11 Aug 2018 4:47pm For Richardson to say he hasn’t seen the guy live in 2018 is an appalling indictment of his (Richardson’s) work methods.
How is richo expected to see Pierce live when he is expected to be at the sandy games when possible. I dont think youre being fair. As well Pierce's ruck coach should be able to pass on the info

teams play on different days...Sandy had bye rounds.....I would imagine somewhere there would not be a clash with either them or the seniors.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

saintsRrising wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 9:33pm

teams play on different days...Sandy had bye rounds.....I would imagine somewhere there would not be a clash with either them or the seniors.
Pierce plays for Frankston.
Richo would only have time to see Sandy games, and maybe catch the game of our next opponent as well, to see their tactics and strengths/weaknesses, etc.

How can he get time to go to a Dolphins game?
Adam Scrobalak is Saints ruck coach, and Dolphins senior coach, as story says, and story also says that Adam Skro shows Richo video and gives feedback/opinions etc.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Mon 20 Aug 2018 1:28am
saintsRrising wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 9:33pm

Pierce plays for Frankston.
Yes, was it not clear to you that this what was being discussed? ie Richo having seen him play at Frankston would require for him to play for Frankston. This was the matter that I was commenting on.

WellardSaint wrote: Mon 20 Aug 2018 1:28am Richo would only have time to see Sandy games, and maybe catch the game of our next opponent as well, to see their tactics and strengths/weaknesses, etc.

How can he get time to go to a Dolphins game?
Adam Scrobalak is Saints ruck coach, and Dolphins senior coach, as story says, and story also says that Adam Skro shows Richo video and gives feedback/opinions etc.
I think you missed reading:

To make it more clear for you:

Teams play on different days (ie Saturday and Sundays in the VFL and Fri-Sundays in the AFL)...Sandy had bye rounds.....I would imagine somewhere there would not be a clash with either them (ie Sandy and Frankston) or the seniors.

So he could have if he had wanted to.

However any way you want to cut and dice it Richo seemed to be unaware of how Pierce could now play and that indicates a serious problem. Does he not listen to his ruck coach? Was the ruck coach incompetent? Was there not proper communication? Was Richo simply of the mind that he was not worth playing regardless, till he was forced to?

I would have thought that Head Coach who was hired because he was thought to be a great developer of players would have his finger more on the pulse of how all players on the list were developing. conversely not knowing also flag the bigger issue of all of our younger players and how aware Richo is of their development There is a problem somewhere.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

this is for saintsRrising's comment
"St Kilda’s ruck coach, Adam Skrobalak, is also Frankston’s senior coach and reports back to Richardson with feedback and vision."

Maybe you need to actually read something and understand it, before having pot shots at me.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Club Player

Pierce has the physical presence of Longer - was instrumental in many of the clearances-either a tap or when he lost the tap or in dispute his moving opponents off the ball. Not as effective around the ground as the previous week but he has good hands. I suspect he has more upside than Longer as both are big lumbering types- as was McEvoy early. He needs to move around the ground better but his centre circle work is impressive.

the invisible and the non existent look very much alike
Crossy66
Club Player

I thought he was a long way off it last night. Marshall on the other hand is coming along nicely. I think Lewis is a long way off either Longer or Hickey AND Marshall atm.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Mon 20 Aug 2018 1:48am this is for saintsRrising's comment
"St Kilda’s ruck coach, Adam Skrobalak, is also Frankston’s senior coach and reports back to Richardson with feedback and vision."

Maybe you need to actually read something and understand it, before having pot shots at me.

You asked the question: How can he get time to go to a Dolphins game?

I explained how.

Whether he should make time is different question. Maybe you meant to ask: Why should he make time to go to a Dolphins game?

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

ok yes it may be a small sample size but I think Pierce and Marshall have shown plenty and both should be our future rucks rotating forward. (note to Richo you must play two versatile forward / rucks)
I would be absolutely staggered if we get Lycett - his figures arent that great certainly for what he will cost and doesnt offer a lot more than Hickey
Our resident Longer persona is telling us Longer is moving - so think we need to maintain Hickey as backup for the developing above two young uns

Seeya