Richo safe as houses

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: Richo safe as houses

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 4:00pm He has had a good year so far.
Can you list why this is so?

ie
Our forward set up was shocking in the first quarter against GC. Almost lost us the game.

Bombing into the forward line a "hallmark" under Richo remains.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
twirlyhair
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 4:44pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 4:00pm He has had a good year so far.
Can you list why this is so?

ie
Our forward set up was shocking in the first quarter against GC. Almost lost us the game.

Bombing into the forward line a "hallmark" under Richo remains.
Well if that's the case, then surely the forward and midfield coaches are just as responsible? Sack them as well?

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 4:00pm Fact is. Alan is the coach and will most definitely see the year out. He has had a good year so far. Over to you Alan.
Again, you make a lot of statements and just ignore the follow up hard questions, and then just move on to the next shallow statement.

Very politician like.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
twirlyhair
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 4:00pm Fact is. Alan is the coach and will most definitely see the year out. He has had a good year so far. Over to you Alan.
And let's just be careful. Some on here might just get what they wish for, which would mean, in all likelihood, a new untried coach, new assistant coaches and the need to totally start again, and once again, another new coach at the Saints.

twirlyhair
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 5:39pm
Again, you make a lot of statements and just ignore the follow up hard questions, and then just move on to the next shallow statement.

Very politician like.
I agree that Richo will coach the year out. Let's talk about this at the end of the season.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

twirlyhair wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 5:41pm
And let's just be careful. Some on here might just get what they wish for, which would mean, in all likelihood, a new untried coach, new assistant coaches and the need to totally start again, and once again, another new coach at the Saints.

Or none of the above, and we just appoint Ratten as the Head Coach.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
twirlyhair
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 6:36pm
twirlyhair wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 5:41pm

Or none of the above, and we just appoint Ratten as the Head Coach.
Sounds easy to do, but certainly not guaranteed to happen.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Very politician like.
Very succinct appraisal of posters MO.

Broad general statement or generalization with little foundation or substance and no response when asked a direct question or to elaborate on statement.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

twirlyhair wrote: Sat 06 Apr 2019 5:45pm

Very politician like.
I agree that Richo will coach the year out. Let's talk about this at the end of the season.
Agreed Twirly. Alan is our best option at the moment and is now a very expierenced coach. Who do you replace him with out there? That is if he's gone at seasons end. Some supporters better be careful what they wish for.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Very politician like.
Big fat Lol. Hard q's...seriously...I eat them for breakfast.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019 1:02pm

Very politician like.
Well then, get chewing...
If all the improvements are coming from Ratten and Lade, why do we need Richo?
Can I ask why you’re so confident in Richo, who has such a terrible track record, the worst winning percentage in the history of the AFL for coaches with more than 100 games?
What makes you think he is a good coach, considering the evidence - his terrible coaching record?
Like I asked previously, if Ratten and Lade are making all the difference the year, why do we need Richo? I put it to you that the sole reason Richo is still at the club is because we can’t afford to pay him out.
I won't hold my breath :roll:

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

I can't be bothered because your mind is already made up on Alan. It would be easier to go swimming in Arabian quicksand. I simply have better things to do also. Thanks.

Total = 1.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

As of late, im reading a lot of...
We need someone experienced. Why sack Richo and role the dice on an unproven coach?

Very weird rationale IMO.

Still, be interesting to see if Richo in his 6th year can demonstrate a set of qualities that demonstrate he’s a keeper.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

The club needs to simply focus on winning more games of footy and being competitive week in and week out whilst the best young players continue to develop.

The Alan Richo talk is a distraction for the club right now and should be reviewed at seasons end.

Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019 1:42pm I can't be bothered because your mind is already made up on Alan. It would be easier to go swimming in Arabian quicksand. I simply have better things to do also. Thanks.
I didn’t expect anything less. Says a lot about your true character. You obviously don’t even believe the tripe that you constantly spew out, and are obviously just doing it to troll.

I can’t imagine having such supposedly strong opinions then not being able to back them up with even the smallest shred of evidence.

takeaway
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019 1:39pm

Very politician like.
Can I ask why you’re so confident in Richo, who has such a terrible track record, the worst winning percentage in the history of the AFL for coaches with more than 100 games?
What makes you think he is a good coach, considering the evidence - his terrible coaching record?
Like I asked previously, if Ratten and Lade are making all the difference the year, why do we need Richo? I put it to you that the sole reason Richo is still at the club is because we can’t afford to pay him out.
What leads you to believe all the improvements are coming from Ratten and Lade? How do you know? Could be numerous factors. A shallow statement without any evidence.
Last year for some posters everything was Richo's fault - the poor results, game plan, skill issues, recruiting, media performance, standard of grass coverage at Moorabbin, etc - the Head coach takes the responsibility. It follows that the Head coach takes also responsibility for improvements to date this year, so well done so far Alan.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019 2:07pm

Very politician like.
What leads you to believe all the improvements are coming from Ratten and Lade? How do you know? Could be numerous factors. A shallow statement without any evidence.
Last year for some posters everything was Richo's fault - the poor results, game plan, skill issues, recruiting, media performance, standard of grass coverage at Moorabbin, etc - the Head coach takes the responsibility. It follows that the Head coach takes also responsibility for improvements to date this year, so well done so far Alan.
Because the previous poster has constantly harped on about how much better we are with those 2 new coaches, so I’m just going with it.

And we’ve had enough of a sample size to know what Mr 33% brings to the table.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019 2:02pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019 1:42pm I can't be bothered because your mind is already made up on Alan. It would be easier to go swimming in Arabian quicksand. I simply have better things to do also. Thanks.
I didn’t expect anything less. Says a lot about your true character. You obviously don’t even believe the tripe that you constantly spew out, and are obviously just doing it to troll.

I can’t imagine having such supposedly strong opinions then not being able to back them up with even the smallest shred of evidence.
As stated, why bother trying to move the immovable? It's a wasteful exercise of my talent. Plus I have better things to do as I said.

True character? Lol.
Says he who has a picture of our coach and purposely calls him The Dud and can't stop talking about him on a football forum. What a winner!

Plus anything I write I believe in or know it to be fact.
Last edited by tedtheodorelogan2018 on Sun 07 Apr 2019 2:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

Total = 1.
BarryGrogan
Club Player

Maybe Kingsley was the problem?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

takeaway wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019 2:07pm

Very politician like.
Top post.

You also forget to add though that it was Richo's fault we moved to Seaford and Moorabbin Social doesn't stock Diet Coke.

Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019 2:37pm
The_Dud wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019 2:02pm

As stated, why bother trying to move the immovable? It's a wasteful exercise of my talent. Plus I have better things to do as I said.

True character? Lol.
Says he who has a picture of our coach and purposely calls him The Dud and can't stop talking about him on a football forum. What a winner!

Plus anything I write I believe in or know it to be fact.
Again, constantly throwing out statements with nothing to back them up is no better than trolling.

Richo is my pic because I think he is no good, which I back up with evidence.

YOU started a thread about the coach and then complain we’re talking about the coach too much in it?!

You couldn’t make this stuff up! :lol:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Who blamed Richo for recruiting?

takeaway
Club Player

skeptic wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019 2:53pm Who blamed Richo for recruiting?
Too many to mention, in various threads. All in line with the theme - the buck stops with the Head Coach. Another one, Richo was apparently responsible for Acres injury last year due to playing him in the ruck. (False of course).

spert
Saintsational Legend

You would reckon that after 5 years or so, Richos' trademark bombing into the forward line tactic would be perfected to our advantage.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

takeaway wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019 3:13pm
skeptic wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019 2:53pm Who blamed Richo for recruiting?
Too many to mention, in various threads. All in line with the theme - the buck stops with the Head Coach. Another one, Richo was apparently responsible for Acres injury last year due to playing him in the ruck. (False of course).
Then it should be easy to find.

I dare say with Acres that the majority of the criticism pbly focused more on playing him in the ruck rather then an odd post focusing on injury