Jack Stevens Trade

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

twirlyhair
Club Player

Re: Jack Stevens Trade

GSG wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 4:48pm Call me a cynic, but I just have the feeling that Jack simply does not want to play for the Saints any longer. So mental illness is a convenient out. IF the trade rumours are true, I bet your bottom dollar that “mental illness’ will no longer be a problem when playing for Geelong - there won’t be any games missed due to “Mental Illness”. I have to admit that if he really gets traded to Geelong I won’t have any nice feelings for him. For me, he simply let the Club down, particularly as they so desperately need him at the moment.
I really think that this is one of the lowest levels that someone has stooped to on SS. You should be ashamed.

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

GSG wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 4:48pm Call me a cynic, but I just have the feeling that Jack simply does not want to play for the Saints any longer. So mental illness is a convenient out. IF the trade rumours are true, I bet your bottom dollar that “mental illness’ will no longer be a problem when playing for Geelong - there won’t be any games missed due to “Mental Illness”. I have to admit that if he really gets traded to Geelong I won’t have any nice feelings for him. For me, he simply let the Club down, particularly as they so desperately need him at the moment.
I have no doubt he is suffering from a 'mental illness' and is not likely to be making the best decisions at any time in the near future. However if he thinks it will assist his health being traded then let him go and pickup what we can for him. Having to listen to Richo every day of his working life would be enough to tip anyone over the edge IMO, but hopefully he is gone at years end.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Not going anywhere.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
lewdogs
Club Player

Anyone know how he's traveling? Is he training? Would love to see him back out there.

ListManager
Club Player

twirlyhair wrote: Tue 21 May 2019 10:57pm
Post of the year. Agree 100%

NeXus Nick is back but where is Joffaboy????
spert
Saintsational Legend

I get the feeling that Jack has not been happy with Richo as coach, but I hope it all gets sorted

Rubyjo
Club Player

Unfortunately Jack's mental health issues may be the difference between us making the finals or not.. Hope he gets better soon.

No.11
Club Player

lewdogs wrote: Thu 23 May 2019 10:58pm Anyone know how he's traveling? Is he training? Would love to see him back out there.
Away from the club at the moment. Doing a bit of work on his own. He’s ok. Doubt if you’ll see him this year. He loves the club and the players.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Jack is depressed but this has allegedly stemmed from allegedly <edited by mods> that is pretty well known allegedly.. don’t blame the club

<1 day ban for demeaning a player>

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 11:12am I get the feeling that Jack has not been happy with Richo as coach, but I hope it all gets sorted
6 years of Cho, who could blame him!

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Alan, Alan, Alan....oh Alan....🎷🎸🎺

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 12:20pm Jack is depressed but this has allegedly stemmed from allegedly an addiction that is pretty well known allegedly.. don’t blame the club
Not sure if thats enough ‘allegedlies’, didn’t stop me copping a whack!

But if what you say is the case for Jack, I don’t have much sympathy for people in privileged positions who bring things upon themselves through their own stupid behaviour.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
King12
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 1:03pm
mightysainters wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 12:20pm Jack is depressed but this has allegedly stemmed from allegedly an addiction that is pretty well known allegedly.. don’t blame the club
Not sure if thats enough ‘allegedlies’, didn’t stop me copping a whack!

But if what you say is the case for Jack, I don’t have much sympathy for people in privileged positions who bring things upon themselves through their own stupid behaviour.
Didn't stop me copping a whack either! 😂

To the top
SS Life Member

The problem is that, absent Jack or Jack giving leave to the Club to provide private details, these situations manifest as they do (and an indictment on the society we live in today in my view).

IF, and I repeat IF, the circumstances revolve around his private life and family, I can fully understand the impact of putting your priorities and absolute focus where you would anticipate Jack's priorities and absolute focus are currently placed.

Been there, done that.

Jack is fortunate that he has an understanding and supportive employer.

Some are not as fortunate.

These matters can play out over years because of your priorities and your focus - and I never returned to the work force.

On Sunday, my son and my young Grand-children will be at Docklands with me, as is usually the case.

Priorities and focus provides life time rewards.

Playing footy (or continuing to work) is put into perspective.

So, back off people.

lewdogs
Club Player

Seems like people saying crap like he doesn't like Richo or is sick of the club are pretty far off the mark. Maybe it's time they shut up for a change. Unhelpful and quite frankly moronic responses.

King12
Club Player

lewdogs wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 2:27pm Seems like people saying crap like he doesn't like Richo or is sick of the club are pretty far off the mark. Maybe it's time they shut up for a change. Unhelpful and quite frankly moronic responses.

Here, here, time to stop stipulating and be more supportive of ALL!

I've had my say on Jack in the past (knowing actual facts), however, enough is enough really.

Get on, stay on or get the f*** off once and for all, just give it a rest really and be a supporter!

twirlyhair
Club Player

Impatient Sainter wrote: Wed 22 May 2019 1:14pm
I have no doubt he is suffering from a 'mental illness' and is not likely to be making the best decisions at any time in the near future. However if he thinks it will assist his health being traded then let him go and pickup what we can for him. Having to listen to Richo every day of his working life would be enough to tip anyone over the edge IMO, but hopefully he is gone at years end.
Yep, I understand. Having to read what you write might just about tip me over the edge too! 🙄

guitars4
Club Player

King12 wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 2:41pm
lewdogs wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 2:27pm Seems like people saying crap like he doesn't like Richo or is sick of the club are pretty far off the mark. Maybe it's time they shut up for a change. Unhelpful and quite frankly moronic responses.

I've had my say on Jack in the past (knowing actual facts), however, enough is enough really.

Get on, stay on or get the f*** off once and for all, just give it a rest really and be a supporter!
I got on over 50 years ago & it's never crossed my mind to get off but I don't blindly accept everything the club say's or does. When you say a real supporter what do you actually mean? I consider myself a real supporter but I won't just sit in the shadows & hope the club know's what it's doing. They have made a hell of a lot of mistakes in the last 10 years & IMO the club as a whole need's to be accountable for those mistakes. This year has been better but there is still an enormous amount of work to be done before we can be a genuine finals threat. I will continue question but still support the club till the day I'm no longer able to & if that makes me an "un real" supporter I'm prepare to wear it

Josh Battle
Club Player

King12 wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 2:41pm

I don't know, I don't know what you're thinking...but I reckon you mean 'speculating'. I'm sure you'll google it 8-)

Josh Battle
Club Player

No.11 wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 11:59am
lewdogs wrote: Thu 23 May 2019 10:58pm Anyone know how he's traveling? Is he training? Would love to see him back out there.
Away from the club at the moment. Doing a bit of work on his own. He’s ok. Doubt if you’ll see him this year. He loves the club and the players.
I also love the club and the players. I will support the players and back the players who wear the jumper and bleed for the jumper.

I will respect and support a coach who is accountable. We're still trying to figure out if he's the right bloke after 5 years.

Your office has a sign on the front and it reads; 'Head Coach'. You are not just the 'head' of that little room in the office.

I will respect and support a coach who has the runs on the board or who has acheived some milestones. This is his 6th year ffs. Unfortunately, he has not displayed that he has what it takes.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

"we think he's the right man for the job, so we'll surround him with the best support possible".
Is the club's statement.
We saw some improvement early. Tough, aggressive, albeit scrappy and unskilled, headless chooks.
Auskick standard.
But we came back against the Hawks, came back and won it with passion.
Started poorly against the Dockers, but managed to get close by refusing to lay down.

Then came the Giants game- the unfortunate return to "Saints footy" where
-we just bomb it into the F50 numerous times (see Pies game 2nd qtr) for almost no return;
- missing shots at goal;
- playing Bruce and Acres in the ruck;
- allowing teams to get a run on (Pies last qtr);
- playing guys who, for some reason, have become impotent (last yr, Weller, this yr, Newnes)

is this the coach's fault? He is supposed to set the standard and oversee KPIs,
and if all that rubbish keeps happening, we need to find a coach who is hopeless at Powerpoint,
but is powerful at getting the point across.

Richo can talk the talk in an interview, but real world? he's had long enough, he's been given
"the best support possible" and really, we're again sliding into oblivion.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Re Jack - I don't think he would have been helped by the Hickey trade. From past media, I gather they were pretty tight. Helps so much to have a good mate around when you're going through (what we hope is just) a tough patch.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 7:54pm
tony74 wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 7:28pm P.S. The drums are beating that Bolton will be sacked before the bye
Tony, what happens inside club walls wouldn't get out thru the grapevine. Otherwise, Bolton will find out.

Remember Ro$$ Lyin?
He negotiated with Freo behind his manager's back (Craig Kelly) because Kelly also managed Mark Harvey.
Kelly had plenty of words for ol' Rossy.

Secrets stay secret.

Not sure how you got this 'intel'.
Nobody sacks a coach mid-season, these days.
tony74 1- Wellard Saint 0

P.s. They are not interested in Ratts

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote: Mon 03 Jun 2019 11:47pm
WellardSaint wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 7:54pm
tony74 wrote: Sun 19 May 2019 7:28pm P.S. The drums are beating that Bolton will be sacked before the bye
Tony, what happens inside club walls wouldn't get out thru the grapevine. Otherwise, Bolton will find out.

Remember Ro$$ Lyin?
He negotiated with Freo behind his manager's back (Craig Kelly) because Kelly also managed Mark Harvey.
Kelly had plenty of words for ol' Rossy.

Secrets stay secret.

Not sure how you got this 'intel'.
Nobody sacks a coach mid-season, these days.
tony74 1- Wellard Saint 0

P.s. They are not interested in Ratts
Is Ratts coaching the Saints in 2020 Tones?

Total = 1.
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

No