3AW Rumour File ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Re: 3AW Rumour File ...

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 7:44pm What's in his contract will be important. It would be nice, wouldn't it, if the club could brief members and supporters with a short sanitised version of what's up, not disclosing too much personal detail but enough to ease or confirm concerns about Jack leaving and squash rumours.
The club making a nothing statement for no reason will really help stop rumours.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 9:40am
That forum is rarely wrong.

Bye bye Jack S :(
It's rarely right, they dribble out 100's of "rumours" maybe maybe 1 in 30 is correct.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 7:44pm What's in his contract will be important. It would be nice, wouldn't it, if the club could brief members and supporters with a short sanitised version of what's up, not disclosing too much personal detail but enough to ease or confirm concerns about Jack leaving and squash rumours.
Well if he returns at rnd 13 not before or after, then it will increase the rumours

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Which Jack is this thread about ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 8:37pm Which Jack is this thread about ?
Jack Squat.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

3AW rumour file?!

Lol.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

CQ SAINT wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 8:54pm
Wayne42 wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 8:37pm Which Jack is this thread about ?
Jack Squat.
:D

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 9:40am If you ever wanted to get a feel for what’s going down behind the scenes ...

On this morning’s Rumour File ... “which St Kilda (multiple B & F winner) is heading to Geelong at the end of this season?”

Rooey? Banger? Lenny? Chips? Burkey? Plugger? Burnsey? Ian Stewart? Jeff Dunne?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 11:51pm
Saintmatt wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 9:40am If you ever wanted to get a feel for what’s going down behind the scenes ...

On this morning’s Rumour File ... “which St Kilda (multiple B & F winner) is heading to Geelong at the end of this season?”

Rooey? Banger? Lenny? Chips? Burkey? Plugger? Burnsey? Ian Stewart? Jeff Dunne?
You can find Jeff Dunne over on the BF - NFL Forum

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Saintly66
Club Player

Lol 3aw, would not believe any garbage that comes from that station rumour file or not.

ace
Saintsational Legend

He has a contract for next season.
That is the only value in a trade.
He has already played more than enough seasons to be a unrestricted free agent when he comes off contract.
He may attract a second round compensation pick if Geelong offer enough money but it could well be a third round pick.

But more importantly will he be able to get a place in the Geelong midfield.
Lack of defensive run may not be tolerated at Geelong.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
asiu
Saintsational Legend

You can find Jeff Dunne over on the BF - NFL Forum
ex SS ‘er as well

loves his american footy does the Jed1

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote: Wed 29 May 2019 1:22pm He has a contract for next season.
That is the only value in a trade.
He has already played more than enough seasons to be a unrestricted free agent when he comes off contract.
He may attract a second round compensation pick if Geelong offer enough money but it could well be a third round pick.

But more importantly will he be able to get a place in the Geelong midfield.
Lack of defensive run may not be tolerated at Geelong.
Geelong probably cant offer much to Steven if they intend to match a WC offer for Kelly, who will not be a FA. Kelly wont go to the draft, thats for sure. Steven would need to take a considerable pay cut and Geelong would need to give up a second round pick and a player to get Steven. If they retain Kelly and recontract Ablett, Jack would probably end up playing VFL on less money.
None of this makes much sense.
But, Kelly will get a big offer from WC and if Geelong know they can get Steven to replace Kelly, they may let him go and trade on the compensation pick.
I still dont believe Steven wants to leave St.Kilda but if he does, I cant imagine it would be any less stressful for him than staying and if he 'recovers' and goes straight back to playing, he will be heavily scruntinised and possibly publicly criticised.
He probably hasnt done his future prospects any favour if he is choosing not to play for reasons other than mental health and is also positoning himself as a big risk if he is.
I hope he is doing ok and returns soon.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

From my understanding Jack is seriously unwell. It’s more day by day for him at the moment and any long term prospects are out of his capacity. I don’t pretend to know the ins and outs but what I do know is he is as unwell as you can get.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Moods
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 29 May 2019 5:08pm From my understanding Jack is seriously unwell. It’s more day by day for him at the moment and any long term prospects are out of his capacity. I don’t pretend to know the ins and outs but what I do know is he is as unwell as you can get.
Have heard similar

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

CQ SAINT wrote: Wed 29 May 2019 4:27pm
Geelong probably cant offer much to Steven if they intend to match a WC offer for Kelly, who will not be a FA. Kelly wont go to the draft, thats for sure. Steven would need to take a considerable pay cut and Geelong would need to give up a second round pick and a player to get Steven. If they retain Kelly and recontract Ablett, Jack would probably end up playing VFL on less money.
None of this makes much sense.
But, Kelly will get a big offer from WC and if Geelong know they can get Steven to replace Kelly, they may let him go and trade on the compensation pick.
I still dont believe Steven wants to leave St.Kilda but if he does, I cant imagine it would be any less stressful for him than staying and if he 'recovers' and goes straight back to playing, he will be heavily scruntinised and possibly publicly criticised.
He probably hasnt done his future prospects any favour if he is choosing not to play for reasons other than mental health and is also positoning himself as a big risk if he is.
I hope he is doing ok and returns soon.
it is one of the reasons I think the geelong rumours are a long bow to draw
if Kelly stays - where does Steven fit in ? certainly not in the middle as a first string on-baller - back up yes.
If kelly goes then jack is still not a like for like swap for him either.
If he just wants to go for changes sake - then thats a whole different matter but he will have to weigh up the pay cut as well. He would be better to stick out another year at the saints on more money assuming it was a not a heavily loaded front end contract

Seeya
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_Dad wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 10:06am Flame me if you wish .... BUT .....

If he does not want to be here - let him go - get something decent for him, use it as a bargaining tool to get someone quick with elite disposal skills. He is quick but he is not quick enough to hold a club to ransom.

I love Jackie Boy - but I love the Saints more!
Great post
The days of “Lockett worship” where individuals ARE the club cause we’ve had so little team success are over
IF stress IF Jack wants to go then with our blessing and some very nice compensation in return he should.
Alan might go with him...they can continue their disagreements down at the Cattery

“Yeah….nah””
freely
SS Hall of Fame

Jeez. Between this, robbo's heart condition and Paddy's concussions, must be the saddest injury list of any football club ever.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

IluvHarvey wrote: Wed 29 May 2019 5:08pm From my understanding Jack is seriously unwell. It’s more day by day for him at the moment and any long term prospects are out of his capacity. I don’t pretend to know the ins and outs but what I do know is he is as unwell as you can get.
True hence I deeply regret starting the thread about him and wanted to delete it when I was told the gravity of the situation. I hope he recovers fully and stays with us!

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

freely wrote: Wed 29 May 2019 7:14pm Jeez. Between this, robbo's heart condition and Paddy's concussions, must be the saddest injury list of any football club ever.
Nah I heard a story about a soccer team that that was flying over the Andes mountains. ..

Seeya
freely
SS Hall of Fame

sunsaint wrote: Thu 30 May 2019 3:05pm
freely wrote: Wed 29 May 2019 7:14pm Jeez. Between this, robbo's heart condition and Paddy's concussions, must be the saddest injury list of any football club ever.
Nah I heard a story about a soccer team that that was flying over the Andes mountains. ..
OK you got me. Mind, just to add - shouldn't forget Georgie Walker in that list (our first Southern Saints captain for those who don't follow the women's game). The only consolation for her - if you can call it that - is that the AFLW is too fledgling for it to have become an identity issue for her in anything like the way that Paddy describes it. Still, to have had to give it away at exactly the moment you seem to have arrived must be shattering.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Why not just simply let the lad get well? To hell with the "rumour mill"

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Thu 30 May 2019 3:05pm
And a Uruguayan rugby team many years ago who had to munch on a few teammates to survive.
Then of course the busby babes who lost a bunch of champions yet bounced back to develop a team good enough to conquer Europe in a decade. I’d happily take that timeframe.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

We've got a lot of our best 22 out but Dees and Giants apparently worse. According to champion data we are 3rd on the injury ladder when you combine games lost with total amount of players;

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the ... 51rpl.html

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Scollop wrote: Thu 30 May 2019 6:34pm
We've got a lot of our best 22 out but Dees and Giants apparently worse. According to champion data we are 3rd on the injury ladder when you combine games lost with total amount of players;
Apparently we're third worst - but not in reality - we are in fact the worst affected.

Either way, it still means we have the 16th worst injury list - we can't downplay that - and you also have to take into account how important the injured players are to the respective teams (if they are top ten players - and there are 4 in our case), to assess the real impact.

You'd be adding insult to our injuries otherwise. :wink: :wink:

"St Kilda are listed third for games lost by best 22 players but if you take into account that Jake Carlisle, Jack Steven, Jarryn Geary and Dylan Roberton are clearly in their best 10, the problem becomes more acute".

The next coach - once Richo goes (let's not forget that getting rid of coaches is what we are champions at, at St Kilda) - will only do better if we have a better run with injuries - and if our recruiting improves.
Last edited by samoht on Thu 30 May 2019 7:35pm, edited 3 times in total.