Carlisle "scandal"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Re: Carlisle "scandal"

Bluthy wrote:I posted the link that Carlisle had entered drug rehabilitation.
I think you're taking that far too literally...education/'rehab' is standard procedure for players who cross the line on drug or alcohol related issues.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Bluthy wrote:I posted the link that Carlisle had entered drug rehabilitation.
I think you're taking that far too literally...education/'rehab' is standard procedure for players who cross the line on drug or alcohol related issues.
Yes because at that point their alcohol/substance abuse has gotten out of control and is seriously interfering with their work and/or personal life which is one of the signs of addiction - you start out in control but then it controls you and your life deteriorates. Being videoed taking drugs during a drug investigation and big trade on the table was one of the biggest cries for help I've seen. If found a bit earlier it would have destroyed the trade, could have got him arrested in a foreign country and with the Collingwood boys claiming their PED positive was because of illicit drugs, could have got him banned from the sport and on the scrap heap. There won't be anything token about the rehab he is doing. St Kilda won't be taking any chances. He needs help and St Kilda will make sure he get the real deal.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Bluthy wrote: More vomiting of witless overblown straw man crap as per usual Bunk. I posted the link that Carlisle had entered drug rehabilitation.
What an idiotic t5hing to post as "proof". It is education not NA, goodness me :roll:
Bluthy wrote:What more proof do you want that he has a problem?
More than your silly ignorant hysterical view on things that's for sure.
Bluthy wrote:Or is that some sort of AFL forced tinfoil-hat conspiracy?
Really mate you are making a bit of a fool of yourself. No conspiracy, as degruch posted standard drug education.

Please post a corroborated article/proof that Carlisle is a drug addict. My goodness this is very embarrassing for you.
Bluthy wrote:Maybe you and Ian Rush should join forces Mulder and Scully style to stop the Alien Illumanti royal bloodline that is obviously controlling the AFL - Gill McLachlan?- aliens are known to have gills - amirite?!
Wow - really? Fair dinkum this is incredible.

You accuse a footballer of being an addict on absolutely no proof and than hysterically attack other who ask you for proof.

Still you haven't come up with anything resembling corroboration of your allegations.

Very sad and very embarrassing your ignorance and your hysteria.

Have a bex and a good lie down for your blood pressures sake.

You are garbage - Enough said
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Moreland, It's amazing how if something people don't agree with is discussed here, suddenly this pointless social media site becomes a full operational procedure driven court of law "Must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt m'lud or else such accusations should be withdrawn immediately and no further exploration be undertaken in this dubious field of enquiry" blah blah blah.

Video of drug taking, attending drug rehab, documented lying to his personal manager, risky behaviours, inappropriate bizarre on field ramblings and strange body language, physical altercations with team mates, inconsistent on field form (from unstoppable to ordinary). Now maybe I'm taking two plus two and getting five. But maybe, just maybe I'm adding it up correctly. The prosecution rests M,lud.

Have you read Cousin's bio Bunk? It's a fascinating read and shows it you get a good system going, you can incorporate drug addiction into your every day life and still be functional as an AFL footy player. Illicit drugs are used by footy players because you can binge them on weekend and still be an effective AFL player. You are niave if you think CArlisle was unluckily caught out the one or two times he happened to do it.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Sends images of himself doing a line...and you think he's a addict?
Pretty sure he's not smart enough to conceal anything.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Sends images of himself doing a line...and you think he's a addict?
He looked like he knew what he was doing to me.

ripplug66
Club Player

Re: Carlisle

Bluthy wrote:
8856brother wrote:I personally just want to get on with footy. Whether we like it or not Jake is now a Saint. I hope his health is ok and he will learn from his embarrassing mistake. It has already cost him far more than any other AFL player who has ever snorted a line of coke before. And there's been plenty. It has cost him in a huge way, both financially and personally. I don't see the point in dragging him through the mud even more, searching for more issues to hang him.

Jake will either make a go of his time with us or he'll f### up again and be gone. Until that time I will forgive, forget and support him. He now plays for the team I love, and hopefully he puts his head down, arse up and works hard to become a great Saints player in our next tilt at that elusive flag.

I don't think this view is inane.

Get around him. :D
My view is that we have every right, nay a duty, to unpack exactly what we got in this deal that saw us lose our pick 5 where we could have got an elite creamy mid. This is what we do here for every player on the list in our usual ignorant know-it-all fashion. So we shouldn't discuss Geary's kicking - we should "get round" him instead. Someone said Dunstan (a second year player) had peaked. Where is everyone not "getting round" him? I think Jake with his half a mill a year and huge resources of the club will be fine.

It never hurts to shine a light on the darkness. You might not like what you see initially, but it lets you clean things up properly. My gut says people saying "move on" are terrified there is more to this and also probably have skeletons in their closet they are petrified of coming out. Because it quite hysterical behaviour putting fingers your ears and shouting "shut up shut up I don't want to hear it nanananananana"

Still not sure what this "get round him" thing is all about. Do you mean we should stage an intervention? I think the club is handling that as they won't be afraid to look at the reality of the situation of what they have traded in instead of the Oprah like "forgive and forget" and just purely hoping things go ok. We are a more professional club than that hopefully.
You have officially lost the plot. And I don't even get what you are trying to say. The guy is ours now. We need to support him as the club will do. And as if he has entered drug rehabilitation. He would be doing extra courses on drugs but it would be far from a rehabilitation environment. The fact that you even posted that we got him because the AFL made us means that you have lost the plot on this topic.

ripplug66
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:
satchmo wrote:Sends images of himself doing a line...and you think he's a addict?
He looked like he knew what he was doing to me.

Seriously is that the best you have got. Ive never had coke in my life and I'm sure I could master it the first time. Can you even tell us what your point is on this topic? And who said it was one or two lines. He may have done it once or hundred times. Neither makes him an addict as you want us to believe. Time to rest on this topic.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Yeah it takes a bit to master, most people exhale rather than inhale the first dozen or so times and blow the crap everywhere.

And that's only after they've eventually figured which orrifice the straw goes in.

Also more than a few mistakingly use coca-cola initially.

Once you're at the point of posting videos of yourself on social media doing lines you're at a highly proficient stage.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

I'm genuinely shocked and even appalled at the hysterical reaction from many people at simply raising the possibility that Jake may suffer from addiction - and backing it up with some clear indications that point in that direction. Addiction is a disease and should be treated as such. Jake wouldn't be evil just because he has an addiction - we should have sympathy and understanding if it is the case. Not this cold and cruel, sweep it under the carpet approach from many here. Jake's health should come first. Fortunately that is the approach the club has taken with Jake being in rehab. I applaud the AFL for its proactive approach towards drug addiction.

From what I've seen the hysteria here with "please move on - stop talking about addiction " has come from the old fogies on the board. YOu need to get with the times and stop demonising addiction and drugs. You are the reason that people hide their addictions. If a more open approach was taken with Mainwairing, Kerr and Cousins, there lives may well not have been so blighted. Fortunately the old fogies here caught in the stone age are not running the club and Jake is getting the help he needs. It is so easy for these cash rich footy players who mix in "colourful" circles to slip back and down that slippery slope that can end in ruin. If many people here were running the club it would have been "We'll get round ya Jake - you just did a bit blow hey young fella - stop don't tell me any more - I don't want to hear - don't worry about rehab - you just get out there and get a kick".

Fortunately the key people at the club are not so stupid, cold and out of touch. Jake is getting rehab and will have a chance at fulfilling his real potential. If he succeeds it will be by the club willing to confront his addiction problems and not demonise them and try to sweep them under the carpet. Bravo. People here need to seriously consider why "addiction" is such a hot button topic for them that makes them panic and become hysterical. Do you have some issues that need looking at?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Hysterical. Yes, everyone else is hysterical. :D

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
ripplug66
Club Player

Bluthy wrote:I'm genuinely shocked and even appalled at the hysterical reaction from many people at simply raising the possibility that Jake may suffer from addiction - and backing it up with some clear indications that point in that direction. Addiction is a disease and should be treated as such. Jake wouldn't be evil just because he has an addiction - we should have sympathy and understanding if it is the case. Not this cold and cruel, sweep it under the carpet approach from many here. Jake's health should come first. Fortunately that is the approach the club has taken with Jake being in rehab. I applaud the AFL for its proactive approach towards drug addiction.

From what I've seen the hysteria here with "please move on - stop talking about addiction " has come from the old fogies on the board. YOu need to get with the times and stop demonising addiction and drugs. You are the reason that people hide their addictions. If a more open approach was taken with Mainwairing, Kerr and Cousins, there lives may well not have been so blighted. Fortunately the old fogies here caught in the stone age are not running the club and Jake is getting the help he needs. It is so easy for these cash rich footy players who mix in "colourful" circles to slip back and down that slippery slope that can end in ruin. If many people here were running the club it would have been "We'll get round ya Jake - you just did a bit blow hey young fella - stop don't tell me any more - I don't want to hear - don't worry about rehab - you just get out there and get a kick".

Fortunately the key people at the club are not so stupid, cold and out of touch. Jake is getting rehab and will have a chance at fulfilling his real potential. If he succeeds it will be by the club willing to confront his addiction problems and not demonise them and try to sweep them under the carpet. Bravo. People here need to seriously consider why "addiction" is such a hot button topic for them that makes them panic and become hysterical. Do you have some issues that need looking at?

He isn't getting rehab at all and raising addiction is ridiculous and emotive crap. Why mention it? It has nothing to do with being an old fogie by suggesting you are talking crap. Its about common sense. Most users aren't addicts and that's a fact. If you have proof then show it otherwise its time for you to stop this line of thought.

And how it even slightly appalling to react to you raising something that is mostly rubbish. Again just emotive words. Jake is certainly much more likely to suffer stupidity than having much chance of being an addict. Luckly the club would know that and will do the right thing for Carlisle and the club.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Hysterical. Yes, everyone else is hysterical. :D
Absolutely. It's been such a strange reaction - basically "please stop talking about it - I can't stand it". Why should it bother you so much? Because its touching some very sore spots obviously. For the old fogies an addict is someone panhandling them in smelly rags. They are so out of touch with modern times. Its appalling and dangerous that they think Jake shouldn't get the help he needs. Luckily we are showing what a modern club we are. The club has clearly stated that Jake is in drug rehabilitation. Even trying to deny this very word stated in cold hard print by the club shows how in denial these old goats are. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so dangerous.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

define old fogey

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
ripplug66
Club Player

WindSister wrote:define old fogey

Considering he has no idea of anyone's age I would think an old fogey is someone who doesn't agree with his posting on the topic.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

'n while you're at it ,
can u also define addiction for me

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
markp
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:ShareTTweetBMailAMore

St Kilda Saints player Jake Carlisle has accepted a two-game ban and agreed to drug rehabilitation after video emerged of him allegedly snorting a white powder

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/1 ... y8l6jBr.99
Sourcee of that story as (actually) announced by the club;

http://m.saints.com.au/news/2015-11-06/ ... -announced
Undertaken to engage with a leading Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation Program to understand the implications of glamorising drug use.
See what '9news' did there?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Don't knock a brilliant journalist and a fantastic piece of writing!

"Carlisle will also receive a detention under the AFL’s Illicit Drug Policy and has started training today, two weeks ago of his planned started date."

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

WindSister wrote:'n while you're at it ,
can u also define addiction for me
It's now recognised as continuum from occasional use, to problematic use to obsessive use in the same way that diseases can have different stages and low to high effects on people. Where Jake is on that is not clear but there is not need to have such panic attacks when someone looks at his behaviours and wonders. In fact its very healthy to bring this stuff to light. There are very few people in life who wouldn't have some addiction at some point in their lives, often during stressful times which Jake has endured for the last few years. I think the panic is this idea that if Jake is an addict he's sneaking off every hour to sniff blow uncontrollably. His high risk, self destructive behavior during an extremely sensitive time for him (drug investigation, huge media spotlight on the trade) was a clear sign of some form of addiction ie he could not stop himself despite all sense saying to keep clean.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:

St Kilda Saints player Jake Carlisle has accepted a two-game ban and agreed to drug rehabilitation after video emerged of him allegedly snorting a white powder

Undertaken to engage with a leading Alcohol & Drug Rehabilitation Program to understand the implications of glamorising drug use.
The club's communications have been driven by PR/Legal on this from the get go. Jake's official statement was something about "making a poor decision" deliberately avoiding definite implication in anything. Likewise "to understand the implications..." is nice PR spin for sponsors and coterie as hysterical as many here. Jake is the sort of person who could very easily slip up again. He will certainly be receiving a lot of support, resources and psychological counselling around his drug usage and probably deeper issues - that is exactly what drug rehab is. It's a very healthy thing and the best thing for him - stop panicking like old chooks. Do you want to seem him screw up again and we lose a key back and god knows what happens to Jake?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
satchmo wrote:Hysterical. Yes, everyone else is hysterical. :D
Absolutely. It's been such a strange reaction - basically "please stop talking about it - I can't stand it". Why should it bother you so much? Because its touching some very sore spots obviously. For the old fogies an addict is someone panhandling them in smelly rags. They are so out of touch with modern times. Its appalling and dangerous that they think Jake shouldn't get the help he needs. Luckily we are showing what a modern club we are. The club has clearly stated that Jake is in drug rehabilitation. Even trying to deny this very word stated in cold hard print by the club shows how in denial these old goats are. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so dangerous.
No. It's just you. Nobody has said "basically "please stop talking about it - I can't stand it".
Nobody has any "sore spots". You are just speaking s***. Jake is not "in rehab" he is training.
Luckily we are showing that we aren't influenced by numpties, and Jake is a Saint.

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
markp
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
markp wrote:

The club's communications have been driven by PR/Legal on this from the get go. Jake's official statement was something about "making a poor decision" deliberately avoiding definite implication in anything. Likewise "to understand the implications..." is nice PR spin for sponsors and coterie as hysterical as many here. Jake is the sort of person who could very easily slip up again. He will certainly be receiving a lot of support, resources and psychological counselling around his drug usage and probably deeper issues - that is exactly what drug rehab is. It's a very healthy thing and the best thing for him - stop panicking like old chooks. Do you want to seem him screw up again and we lose a key back and god knows what happens to Jake?
That means going along and sitting in on some sessions and meeting and hearing the stories of some people in rehab, not doing rehab.

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
That means going along and sitting in on some sessions and meeting and hearing the stories of some people in rehab, not doing rehab.
So he'll puff, but not inhale :roll:

Jake had a huge drug investigation over his head and an obsessive media trying to get any scoop they could on the biggest trade of the trade period. His manager would have sat him down after the end of the season and told him to wipe his arse thoroughly, eat all his vegetables and offer to help little old ladies cross the road to make sure everything goes smoothly and his life can move on after years of hell. Every bit of common sense, logic and any sort of clear thinking says you don't take a single risk for just the 2 months required. Instead he films himself going Scarface. When you are high all logic goes out the window - hey why not film myself - that'll be a laugh. He's an ADDICT. He literally could not stop himself and nearly destroyed his career. That IS addiction. Stop burying your head in the sand. He needed help and now he is getting it. Stop being so antiquated.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Bluthy wrote:
markp wrote:
So he'll puff, but not inhale :roll:

Jake had a huge drug investigation over his head and an obsessive media trying to get any scoop they could on the biggest trade of the trade period. His manager would have sat him down after the end of the season and told him to wipe his arse thoroughly, eat all his vegetables and offer to help little old ladies cross the road to make sure everything goes smoothly and his life can move on after years of hell. Every bit of common sense, logic and any sort of clear thinking says you don't take a single risk for just the 2 months required. Instead he films himself going Scarface. When you are high all logic goes out the window - hey why not film myself - that'll be a laugh. He's an ADDICT. He literally could not stop himself and nearly destroyed his career. That IS addiction. Stop burying your head in the sand. He needed help and now he is getting it. Stop being so antiquated.
Ok.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Bluthy wrote: He's an ADDICT.
he MIGHT also be a complete moron
a few kangaroos short of a top paddock
a couple sandwiches short of a picnic
easily lead in group situations
not make wise choices in his circle of "friends"

...until evidence confirms otherwise...