Parker should get a sustained crack

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Parker should get a sustained crack

None of Kent, Lonie or Hind present a marking threat

Parker does, he needs to be manned up

King won't get double teamed and we create another actual target

If none of them are up to it...We are better off giving that spot to a midfielder like Bytel, Byrnes - Hannaberry or Gresham when fit.

But Parker should get a reasonable shot, he is as quick and frankly the others aren't giving us much anyway.

Nee!
SunnyErnest
Club Player

Re: Parker should get a sustained crack

fugazi wrote: Sun 30 Aug 2020 12:43am None of Kent, Lonie or Hind present a marking threat

If none of them are up to it...We are better off giving that spot to a midfielder like Bytel, Byrnes - Hannaberry or Gresham when fit.

But Parker should get a reasonable shot, he is as quick and frankly the others aren't giving us much anyway.
I completely agree but unfortunately Ratts thinks Kent is better

Who is StoneCold??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Dud

1965 Saint
Club Player

Parker should play the remaining games so we can determine if he is a keeper. I think Parker is almost fanatical about making a life for him and family through AFL so it is likely that he will make a difference in the forward line ( because it was putrid tonight)

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

1965 Saint wrote: Sun 30 Aug 2020 1:09am Parker should play the remaining games so we can determine if he is a keeper. I think Parker is almost fanatical about making a life for him and family through AFL so it is likely that he will make a difference in the forward line ( because it was putrid tonight)
Maybe we could get him to run alongside Hill (as his bodyguard)!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Parker???? Why???

He looked completely out of his depth when they did give him a go. Rushed with ball in hand. He looked like a park footballer who was asked to play in the big league. He's not up to it for mine.

Small fwd is a tough position to play. I'd look at bringing Webster back in and moving Clarke into the midfield and moving Billings forward. He's clearly not a mid but he's been known to kick a goal. I'd drop Hind. Pains me to say it because he's superfast but he's completely lost form. I thought he was going to be the answer up there.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Why isn't Parker up to it if he was up to it last year?

He probably needs a block of 4-6 games to get some touch and confidence and to get back to where he was last season.

It won't be this season though.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote: Sun 30 Aug 2020 1:15am Parker???? Why???

He looked completely out of his depth when they did give him a go. Rushed with ball in hand. He looked like a park footballer who was asked to play in the big league. He's not up to it for mine.

Small fwd is a tough position to play. I'd look at bringing Webster back in and moving Clarke into the midfield and moving Billings forward. He's clearly not a mid but he's been known to kick a goal. I'd drop Hind. Pains me to say it because he's superfast but he's completely lost form. I thought he was going to be the answer up there.
Don't know how Clarke played, but Clark had a very poor game.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote: Sun 30 Aug 2020 1:12am
1965 Saint wrote: Sun 30 Aug 2020 1:09am Parker should play the remaining games so we can determine if he is a keeper. I think Parker is almost fanatical about making a life for him and family through AFL so it is likely that he will make a difference in the forward line ( because it was putrid tonight)
No kidding.

I have seriously thought about this.
Having run with players, except rather than taggers that scrag opponents, they actually act as body guards.

Seriously, you have aa really interesting point here and Parker is a good man for this.

Firstly, he ain’t much good acting intuitively in the forward line....jumping across other players etc. but he is aggressive, has some hands, a leap and he is good at tackling - often players with high tackle counts are the types that didn’t get there first but follow or act completely independently -just don’t synergize. However, bodyguards have a pretty focused task...protect! Mr T! Mr P!

Parker could also be of help for when the ball spills from those situations...he has has some dash.

Seriously, the run with type who protects - a good idea IMO. Hill dashes on the longer out rings and Parker runs square of him and forward.

Mind you. I also had a plan for Wow jones to give Brett Bowery a shoulder ride in the goal square for a while.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
TheSkippe

I thought he was reasonable in his last game and I'm not sure why he was dropped.

Provided great pressure, gave the fwd line the x-factor. He did miss an easy one.

You could see the devastation in his eyes after the game, even though we won.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 30 Aug 2020 4:38pm
whiskers3614 wrote: Sun 30 Aug 2020 1:12am
No kidding.

I have seriously thought about this.
Having run with players, except rather than taggers that scrag opponents, they actually act as body guards.

Seriously, you have aa really interesting point here and Parker is a good man for this.

Firstly, he ain’t much good acting intuitively in the forward line....jumping across other players etc. but he is aggressive, has some hands, a leap and he is good at tackling - often players with high tackle counts are the types that didn’t get there first but follow or act completely independently -just don’t synergize. However, bodyguards have a pretty focused task...protect! Mr T! Mr P!

Parker could also be of help for when the ball spills from those situations...he has has some dash.

Seriously, the run with type who protects - a good idea IMO. Hill dashes on the longer out rings and Parker runs square of him and forward.

Mind you. I also had a plan for Wow jones to give Brett Bowery a shoulder ride in the goal square for a while.
The Phalanx. Don't know why it's not done more often.

A silky runner like Hill gets two bodyguards as he runs downfield. If his cordon is broken he dishes off to one of the guards. It's one way of gaining distance.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Can I have some of what you guys are smoking?

Nee!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote: Sun 30 Aug 2020 12:43am None of Kent, Lonie or Hind present a marking threat

Aren't you describing Membrey in our team?

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Same height. Both quick good marking players.

Nee!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Parker has looked out of his depth every time he’s stepped up sorry good park player not afl for mine

“Yeah….nah””