Fixture for ‘21. Are we in the 1-6 toughest draw?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Fixture for ‘21. Are we in the 1-6 toughest draw?

Do they base it on the home and away? Or after the finals?
I refer to the 1-6, 7-12, 13-18 streaming of the fixture into hard - middle - easy fixture for ‘21

Actually, I am thinking Geelong, West Coast, Collingwood and Richmond twice next year might not be so bad as they are a bunch of hacks on their last legs lol , but just curious,

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
SaintPelican66
Club Player

Re: Fixture for ‘21. Are we in the 1-6 toughest draw?

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 2:16pm Do they base it on the home and away? Or after the finals?
I refer to the 1-6, 7-12, 13-18 streaming of the fixture into hard - middle - easy fixture for ‘21

Actually, I am thinking Geelong, West Coast, Collingwood and Richmond twice next year might not be so bad as they are a bunch of hacks on their last legs lol , but just curious,
Richmond on their last legs? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 2:16pm Do they base it on the home and away? Or after the finals?

They base it on one thing, money.

The Astersik cup has cost the AFL $60 million alone this year on resort bills so expect they'll be looking hard to recover some money in the next few seasons so I'd expect we will be playing our traditional Sunday evening timeslots most weeks so the clubs that make the most money willl be gifted the prime time slots.

diddley
Club Player

To answer your question, it is based off where you finish after finals.
Bomb out first week, you land in the 7-12 bracket.
Make it past week one, 1-6 bracket.
So, hypothetically, West Coast finished 5th, then loses, they end up in the second tier.

diddley
Club Player

diddley wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 2:41pm To answer your question, it is based off where you finish after finals.
So, hypothetically, West Coast finished 5th, then loses, they end up in the second tier.
To add to this, it works the same for draft picks as well.
If you finish 8th, but then win the GF, you get the last pick of each round (normally 18th).

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

diddley wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 2:46pm
diddley wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 2:41pm To answer your question, it is based off where you finish after finals.
If you finish 8th, but then win the GF, you get the last pick of each round (normally 18th).

if we win the GF I couldn't care less if we had any draft picks - I doubt that I would be sober by the time of the draft anyway......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saynta
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 4:28pm
diddley wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 2:46pm

if we win the GF I couldn't care less if we had any draft picks - I doubt that I would be sober by the time of the draft anyway......
f*** yeah. I might even take up drinking.I was 21 in 1966 and thought we would win the next 2 or 3 flags.

BadRossco
Club Player

The three tier arrangement when determining the fixture is not the primary consideration when determining the fixture the first priority is if it suits Collingwood

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Vortex wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 2:34pm

The Astersik cup has cost the AFL $60 million alone this year on resort bills so expect they'll be looking hard to recover some money in the next few seasons so I'd expect we will be playing our traditional Sunday evening timeslots most weeks so the clubs that make the most money willl be gifted the prime time slots.
Why did you ditch the Secret Kiel moniker and create the new Vortex one?

Serious question. Why?

Go you red, black & white warriors
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

BadRossco wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 6:35pm The three tier arrangement when determining the fixture is not the primary consideration when determining the fixture the first priority is if it suits Collingwood
Ah... yeah, it sure feels like it. Eddie has his hand in every pie, with that plastic smile, my G it is spew material. Occasionally I see the podcast minutes with Seb Costello in them, and being a mMM guy, it is equally sickening to see him plaster on the same plastic Luna Park Clown ping pong ball smile. I’m sure he’s a nice fella and all.

So it was with real pleasure I watched monochrome derby tonight, and the Magpies, I mean the Port variety, with white black and gray or grey, kicked the pants of Collingwood.

I didn’t pause to reflect on how we fixed up Port and got smashed by Collingwood. I hate Collingwood in a new way now, and Eddie helps me in that journey. And Seb, take a bow, white shirt, navy jacket, Luna Park smile, he s Essendon I think, but hey, who cares. Pies go down and will face the West Coast.

This week has been incredible. All because of one game. Saints ....let’s go again!

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

of course we'll be in the toughest tier - only right for the reigning premier to be so!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 10:43pm
Vortex wrote: Mon 21 Sep 2020 2:34pm

Why did you ditch the Secret Kiel moniker and create the new Vortex one?

Serious question. Why?
Forced into early retirement by the mods.