Taking infants to game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

deevo1989

Taking infants to game

First time parent post so seeking advice,

Have new born 2 months old (twin boys already signed up as members) and we are living in sydney and intent on going rd1 vs. GWS but unsure what the go is with taking the kids to the game.

Is stadiums pram friendly with bassinets or best to go with more compact design i.e. car seats or baby bjorns. Am already taking up pretty chunky part of sidewalks with side by side pram.

Have gotten the all clear from friend who is audiologist so sound is in check just seeking help on the logistics of physically attending game.

Only concern would be if its my boys or my crying which will be louder should the game be a loss but any advise appreciated.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Taking infants to game

I've taken my daughter along to games over the last few years, from when she was 6 months old. I usually took a mid-size stroller and stood up the back with her.

On the odd occasion I had a seat, I was allowed to fold up the stroller and place it under the seats, or just park it up the back out of the way, then she could sit on my lap.

Docklands, MCG and Manuka Oval have all been the same. But I'm not sure if it's different now with COVID rules? Standing may not be permitted? But you might have more room among the seats with limit capacity.

Also, when she was very young, I took some ear muffs for her to wear. Docklands can get pretty loud. As can I.

cps
Club Player

Hi,

I can only comment on the Docklands. I took my daughter there when she was about two-years old I think. It was a game against one of the interstate clubs so there was only about 20,000 there. It was all very easy - there was a place for strollers and prams.

The thing I remember most was at the start of the game a certain number 12 sprinted out of the forward line and promptly fell over, as the ball was delivered at his feet :roll: My daughter stood up and yelled out "Riewoldt fell over!" at which point half the bay burst out laughing!

Cheers!

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

I took my 3 mth old granddaughter to the Gabba last year. No stroller because we were headed for the Stands. Four of us nursed her which was a treat for me, Ma and her Aunties. Twins might be a bit harder.

diddley
Club Player

I would also add that social distancing probably helps with the likes of prams etc.
I went to the game at marvel last week, and there is more and more space between people. In the past it would have been a pain in the butt to move a pram around the crowds, now it’s much easier.

loris
Saintsational Legend

No input on you question deevo1989.... more it’s my congratulations on your twin boys!
Hope you enjoy the match and many more matches with them over the journey.
Have fun in making them real died-in-the-wool Sainters .

B.M
Saintsational Legend

Are you taking babies to the footy because you can’t get a sitter?

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Mon 15 Mar 2021 8:25pm Are you taking babies to the footy because you can’t get a sitter?
We take babies to the games because it is a right of passage in our families culture. My dad attended the Junction at 6 months, I was indoctrinated at Moorabbin at 8 months, my eldest daughter was baptised at Colonial at 5 weeks on a trip home to Melb and my grand daughter was born in May last and at the Gabba by August. Its in the blood.