Time for ................to ride off into the sunset.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Time for ................to ride off into the sunset.

Please insert.

Ape_Man
Club Player

Re: Time for ................to ride off into the sunset.

St Kilda

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Hope?

“Yeah….nah””
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

It doesn't matter who the club employs in the various roles required to run the dump, the outcome is always the same, maybe they should pack it in.

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Team bus (make them walk)

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

I'm gonna say Matt Finnis for a start.

I also reckon Ratten won't lead us to the promised land so do we just perservere with him while the team rebuilds or bring in Sam Mitchell for the long haul?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Geary
Roberton
Carlisle
Hannebery
McKernan
McKenzie
Kent
Dunstan
Wood
Frawley
Alabakis
Lonie
Hunter

Time to see if Clavarino and Connolly have any ability. Give Joyce a month in the seniors to show if he deserves another contract as well. Long is in a weird spot - clear best 22 last year but a complete liability this year. Might need a fresh start

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 3:32am I'm gonna say Matt Finnis for a start.

I also reckon Ratten won't lead us to the promised land so do we just perservere with him while the team rebuilds or bring in Sam Mitchell for the long haul?
Ratten has a finals campaign and finals win under his belt
He has 12months on his contract
IMO he sees that out but is notice for next year......IF he chooses to keep the same people around him and elicits the same up and down results next year he’s gone for mine but we don’t and shouldn’t be sacking him now
So it’s down to change out deadwood personnel, deadwood assistant coaches, review recruitment (can we assess Libba till we truly know how Coffield, Clarke, Wilkie etc turn out? Not sure...
There are at least 15 players on that list who have to go that’s a lot imo we can’t do it 1 off season.....but we have a coach who next year is coaching for his future ......so what’s his measure of success?.
Or IF Clarkson becomes available from Hawthorn......do u make a play?...
I think the Blues will.....possible Pies...
Big decisions to come

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 5:25am Geary
Roberton
Carlisle
Hannebery
McKernan
McKenzie
Kent
Dunstan
Wood
Frawley
Alabakis
Lonie
Hunter

Time to see if Clavarino and Connolly have any ability. Give Joyce a month in the seniors to show if he deserves another contract as well. Long is in a weird spot - clear best 22 last year but a complete liability this year. Might need a fresh start
Agree on all those

I think thin ice....Lonie
Trade value Billings
IF we finish low enough this year.....get a top 10 pick and someone offers Billings top dollars with top 10 pick compo we would be stupid not to it
The club needs to get real on where we are at
What irks me is many fans already knew the list wasn’t top4 so if our professional coaching panel overrated it wtf are they doing?

“Yeah….nah””
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 12:44amHope?
Hope left after the Essendon loss.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 8:44pm
mad saint guy wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 5:25am Geary
Roberton
Carlisle
Hannebery
McKernan
McKenzie
Kent
Dunstan
Wood
Frawley
Alabakis
Lonie
Hunter

Agree on all those

I think thin ice....Lonie
Trade value Billings
IF we finish low enough this year.....get a top 10 pick and someone offers Billings top dollars with top 10 pick compo we would be stupid not to it
The club needs to get real on where we are at
What irks me is many fans already knew the list wasn’t top4 so if our professional coaching panel overrated it wtf are they doing?
Lonie would have been gone in he last off season if anyone wanted him I reckon.

And yep, same heads up their butts admin that led(sic) us through the Richo years.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 8:40pm
Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 3:32am I'm gonna say Matt Finnis for a start.

IMO he sees that out but is notice for next year......IF he chooses to keep the same people around him and elicits the same up and down results next year he’s gone for mine but we don’t and shouldn’t be sacking him now
So it’s down to change out deadwood personnel, deadwood assistant coaches, review recruitment (can we assess Libba till we truly know how Coffield, Clarke, Wilkie etc turn out? Not sure...
There are at least 15 players on that list who have to go that’s a lot imo we can’t do it 1 off season.....but we have a coach who next year is coaching for his future ......so what’s his measure of success?.
Big decisions to come
I'm sure they got rid of 11 players at the end of last season, they didn't bring in 11 players to replace them though, they decided to go into 2021 with a smaller list. Geniuses.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 8:49pm

Big decisions to come
I'm sure they got rid of 11 players at the end of last season, they didn't bring in 11 players to replace them though, they decided to go into 2021 with a smaller list. Geniuses.
Tells me they overrated it badly or at least overrated depth....
In fairness no one expected to lose Marshall , Ryder for 6, Gresham , Jones all for extended periods but all clubs have injuries so your point is valid ......longer games ......tough draw......os our geniuses decide to top up with band aid players and leave 4 list spots unfilled

“Yeah….nah””
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 8:56pm

Big decisions to come
In fairness no one expected to lose Marshall , Ryder for 6, Gresham , Jones all for extended periods but all clubs have injuries so your point is valid ......longer games ......tough draw......os our geniuses decide to top up with band aid players and leave 4 list spots unfilled
here is a link to the 2020 list, it was 11 players that were moved on for 2021.
https://www.draftguru.com.au/lists/2020/st-kilda

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 9:02pm

Big decisions to come
With our current draft hand.....we are in a bad way

“Yeah….nah””
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 9:34pm
Wayne42 wrote: Sun 23 May 2021 9:02pm

Big decisions to come
With our current draft hand.....we are in a bad way
yes, let's hope they don't F*** up big time on June 2nd, lets hope they don't pass on all of our picks.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

If they do, ..

🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕👇👇🖕🖕