If you think St Kilda has team culture issues, how about the GC Suns!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: If you think St Kilda has team culture issues, how about the GC Suns!

How can Saints afford B. King - or any other gun with Dan and Brad on the books. Can't really restock until 2023? I guess the SC spreadsheet is CIC.
By 2023 it is likely neither MF or SL will be around, someone else will be cleaning up.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Fri 25 Jun 2021 9:34am
Ghost Like wrote: Thu 24 Jun 2021 7:18pm
Vortex wrote: Thu 24 Jun 2021 3:49pm My takeaway was the effect the COVID cuts had on the club. Morale always takes a nose dive when there are sackings due to economic stress.

I wonder how much we are suffering from COVID cuts?
Getting a little desperate with this theory I think. Covid has nothing to do with the state of either club.
Yeah there was refernece to how moral had been effected due to the assistants being sacked due to COVID cuts. I also note that our club has had to make several cutbacks due to COVID including being only one of 2 clubs (I think us and WCE) to ask their players to take a haircut on their paypackets. I'm pretty sure that measure alone would have been accepted with great enthusiasm.
How in any way does that relate to "culture" issues? Especially when the Suns are the topic? Surely you are not suggesting our culture formed in 2020? A year we made finals for the first time in a decade.

I actually thought you'd given up on your doom & gloom rhetoric in relation to covid, the demise of the AFL and death of teams. Apparently a depression greater than the great depression???

Now there's an article about an unprofessional culture involving young men having some drinks and a club treading the same water for a decade, that's the result of covid? Apologies Vortex I cannot see the nexus.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 25 Jun 2021 9:47am How can Saints afford B. King - or any other gun with Dan and Brad on the books. Can't really restock until 2023? I guess the SC spreadsheet is CIC.
By 2023 it is likely neither MF or SL will be around, someone else will be cleaning up.
A really good question, what can we afford?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 25 Jun 2021 9:47am How can Saints afford B. King - or any other gun with Dan and Brad on the books. Can't really restock until 2023? I guess the SC spreadsheet is CIC.
From what I’ve read Dan’s been heavily front ended so this next year (can’t believe there’ll be one.) around 450 or so

It’s all juggling
If Blues can afford 800 for McGovern (their Hannebery) 900 for Williams 750-8 for Saad then still pay Cripps and Walsh (not including Martin who they paid plenty for)
I’m sure we can make it work...
Our workmanlike list should have gaps...and Seb/Billings take haircuts too

“Yeah….nah””