Biggie to debut for Richmond.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gershwin
Club Player

Biggie to debut for Richmond.

Biggie Nyuon was one of our Academy kids and we chose not to match Richmond’s draft bid.

Go well young man, but will I be pissed off if you make the grade. You betcha.

summertime and the living is easy ........
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Biggie to debut for Richmond.

Gershwin wrote: Fri 13 May 2022 10:42am Biggie Nyuon was one of our Academy kids and we chose not to match Richmond’s draft bid.

Go well young man, but will I be pissed off if you make the grade. You betcha.
Me too mate, me too. :cry:

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Good on him, I thought he was good in his game for the Tigers VFL game against Sandi. The biggest thing that stood out was how much he has filled out since his draft year, plus he plays with a bit of attitude which I like to see.

Tigers bid on him at pick 54, we obviously had other targets as we took Byrnes at picks 52 & Connolly @ 64. Which is ironical as we targeted Allison (no where near it) & Highmore in the 2020 draft. Biggie now 197cm 90-95kg key defender, I reckon if our recruiters had their time again they would have matched the bid and still got Connolly with a late or rookie pick.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Impatient Sainter wrote: Fri 13 May 2022 11:33am Good on him, I thought he was good in his game for the Tigers VFL game against Sandi. The biggest thing that stood out was how much he has filled out since his draft year, plus he plays with a bit of attitude which I like to see.

Tigers bid on him at pick 54, we obviously had other targets as we took Byrnes at picks 52 & Connolly @ 64. Which is ironical as we targeted Allison (no where near it) & Highmore in the 2020 draft. Biggie now 197cm 90-95kg key defender, I reckon if our recruiters had their time again they would have matched the bid and still got Connolly with a late or rookie pick.
We have much better development coaches now. At the time, I think we were having a clean out and they wanted ready made players. Plus…it’s a pity they didn’t have confidence in the people that were part of the footy department back then because you have to take risks with athletes like Biggy and you have to be patient