If you think the depression on this site is rampant

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

If you think the depression on this site is rampant

Try R/AFL
few_alligator wrote:
I’m so tired. I’m tired of going into every game thread and seeing the same god damn thing.

“St Kilda have a great young core”

“The Saints are my second favourite team”

“The Saints will have it figured out in a few years”

Guess the f@rkety f@rking f@rk what. No they f@rking won’t. They won’t turn it around. This is the St Kilda Saints. There is no happiness here. We will not pull it out.

We will leave it in there and the next thing you know you’re 33 years old with seven kids, living in a 50-square-foot flat, married to a semi-retired hooker from Frankston, getting blasted on Carlton Dry BECAUSE YOUR DAD NEVER TAUGHT YOU THE OL COITUS INTERRUPTUS.

Ya wanna know what it’s like being a Saints fan? It’s like getting ready to have sex with a girl and she slips your **** out of your pants, starts to **** you, then yanks the zipper up on your pants as hard as she can.

don’t tell me it’ll get better. don’t tell me how to feel my feelings. I don’t want to hear “King is one of the most exciting players in the league”. And I don’t want to hear f@rking a f@rking thing from literally any other fanbase in the league.

F@rk you. I don’t want to hear about how we don’t have a winning culture. WE HAVEN’T WON A PREMIERSHIP SINCE PEOPLE STEPPED FOOT ON THE MOON.

One day I’ll die and the misery of being a Saints fan will be over. I’ll be walking to take my place in heaven, I’ll walk up to the pearly gates, full of bliss and happiness with all my suffering over.

there will be sweet calming music, and then all of a sudden from out of nowhere I’ll hear Dennis Cometti say, “he came up behind him like a Librarian!”. The music stops, dread fills my stomach, everything turns dark.

Just then, a bright light shows up and Nick Riewoldt appears. I feel the warmth again, everything will be alright. He leans forward as if to tell me something wonderful and whispers almost inaudibly, “oh when the saaaaaaaints”.

then he kicks me right in the d**k and shoves me off the edge to fall into a red and white room with my eyes taped open to watch the Saints get agonisingly close or s*** the bed every year until the sun expands and engulfs the earth.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: If you think the depression on this site is rampant

That made me smile, a smile of truth and understanding.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

That is gold

He could have added having so-called fellow supporters like Ernie 😵‍💫
Last edited by The Fireman on Sun 17 Jul 2022 2:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Cleaned up for this site

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Living the dream

Thanks, I can relate.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

And ...
vendilion wrote:
In a lot of ways this is worse than the 111 from last season, and that signifies that we haven't gone anywhere in more than a year. It's beyond frustrating and just depressing now that the club is openly accepting and treading water upon consistent mediocrity. More-so because I actually rate the position of the list and I think that most of these guys really do have the raw ability to be much, much better than this.

I don't have the faith in Ratten any more, and it's an absurdity that he has clinched two more years in the midst of all this s*** going down now. Contract negotiations should have always been sidelined to the off-season from the get go, regardless of where the actual season was at, and a new contract should have been, fairly, strictly conditional on a finals appearance. One year for top eight, two for top four. We have the lesson on hand by wasting five years on Richo, there are no excuses for Ratten in not getting anywhere by now.

Not as much as the actual result, but it's the fact that the same problems inherent in the playing group for years on end persist and have not been addressed or resolved. We still f****** suck at using the ball, the exact same way we did five years ago. We still over commit to this scrappy pressure game where it takes too much effort to win possession, only to turn it over often and not get the scoreboard nourishment in return for the effort, the exact same way we did five years ago. We still have no identifiable structure, or Plan B, or tactical flexibility, the exact same way we were five years ago. The playing group openly drinks their own bathwater after any vaguely impressive win, nay any vaguely impressive performance, and will routinely refuse to turn up and put any effort into a routine game against a bottom side, the exact same way they were five years ago. Any real improvement you can identify can really, safely be attributed to the natural development of players that would have happened anyway, see Steele, Sinclair, King, Battle, Wilkie and Gresham for example. I don't think there's anything good here that Ratten can confidently say he had a real hand in. The absolute garbage we are provided by con-artists like Butler, Membrey and Hill notwithstanding, although that is self inflicted in the fact that the coaching staff refuses to drop them even when they contribute absolutely nothing for months at a time.

I don't know where to go from here because I don't think we will go anywhere under Ratten or the higher leadership that has bought into him. The two years he has been given is an unambiguous signal that the club management considers this acceptable and will settle for it. There have been desolate, despairing, and depressing times as a St Kilda fan but in a lot of ways this is the worst moment so far. I have never had such little hope in both our short term and long term future from where we are and seeing how the club is being run.

― Aristophanes

Rubyjo
Club Player

I concour.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

not me

happy as a pig in pigpoo

neither of my two kids have any allegiance to the pretenders

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

except for when they look at me
with a flash of glint across their eyes

'n i think to Self

are these two daring to take the piss
out of me

then ... they burst out laughing

and i know
that yes

they were

:P

bring back the strap i reckon !!

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

I feel the pain.

D.B.Cooper
Club Player

And regardless of how many times that zipper gets yanked up I still front up with optimism the next season 😁

There's only one rule in the jungle! When the LYON's hungry, he eats!
SunnyErnie
Club Player

The Fireman wrote: Sun 17 Jul 2022 2:50pm That is gold

There is no hope for us unless we take up Eddie’s proposal regarding Tassie

St Kilda should never trade with Essendon and Sydney ever again!!!

NeXus
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

D.B.Cooper wrote: Sun 17 Jul 2022 4:03pm And regardless of how many times that zipper gets yanked up I still front up with optimism the next season 😁
the trick is to not take your dick out. it aint getting pulled.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

asiu wrote: Sun 17 Jul 2022 3:49pm except for when they look at me
with a flash of glint across their eyes

'n i think to Self

are these two daring to take the piss
out of me

then ... they burst out laughing

and i know
that yes

they were

:P

bring back the strap i reckon !!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

saynta
Saintsational Legend

SunnyErnie wrote: Sun 17 Jul 2022 5:42pm
The Fireman wrote: Sun 17 Jul 2022 2:50pm That is gold

There is no hope for us unless we take up Eddie’s proposal regarding Tassie
Oh FFS, you are like a broken record. Tasmania is the arsehole of the world. Sorry Taswegians but that is the truth.

One half of the state hates the other half, whilst the other half doesn't know that there is a northern part of the state, and cares even less.

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

I made a post here a month ago. It went something like

'It's time to stop giving a sh#t'

I have pretty much stuck to that. I was over it then, but I saw no point in vilifying the coach and the club then, and I see no point doing it now.

I made a vow a couple of decades ago that I would not let the fortunes of my football club determine my mood. I go bonkers when I'm watching it and froth at the mouth like the best of us, but when it's over I can just shrug it off.

Im sure those at the club feel the pain of such poor performances. It's their reputations that are damaged, not ours.

So, I'll continue to pay my membership, but I will not have any expectations. I have zero influence or agency around the club's fortunes, so why carry that load on my own aging tired shoulders?. That's for the club itself.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

cwrcyn wrote: Sun 17 Jul 2022 7:14pm I made a post here a month ago. It went something like

'It's time to stop giving a sh#t'

I have pretty much stuck to that. I was over it then, but I saw no point in vilifying the coach and the club then, and I see no point doing it now.

I made a vow a couple of decades ago that I would not let the fortunes of my football club determine my mood. I go bonkers when I'm watching it and froth at the mouth like the best of us, but when it's over I can just shrug it off.

Im sure those at the club feel the pain of such poor performances. It's their reputations that are damaged, not ours.

So, I'll continue to pay my membership, but I will not have any expectations. I have zero influence or agency around the club's fortunes, so why carry that load on my own aging tired shoulders?. That's for the club itself.
Great sensible advice. I will have to think about the continued membership bit though.