Burkey on 3RRR Party Show in wee small hours

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Burkey on 3RRR Party Show in wee small hours

Burkey was on Sainter Headley Gritter's Party Show on 3RRR FM in the wee small hours this morning.
He has written a book about being a parent of kids involved in sport.
Sounded like a pretty good book, going by the discussion I heard.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: Burkey on 3RRR Party Show in wee small hours

Cheers! I haven’t listened to old Headly’s Party Show in a while. I loved it back in the day when they did talkback with the guests. I actually called in a few times, doing various impersonations of people in the public spotlight, like John Howard, Sylvester Stallone, Sgt Bargarse, Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc.

Great to know old Burkey Bulldog was on the show. That book does sound interesting. Hopefully the episode can be streamed through the Triple R website.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Burkey should be our AFLW coach

Dal should be our dev coach/VFL coach

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 3:38pm Cheers! I haven’t listened to old Headly’s Party Show in a while. I loved it back in the day when they did talkback with the guests. I actually called in a few times, doing various impersonations of people in the public spotlight, like John Howard, Sylvester Stallone, Sgt Bargarse, Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc.

Great to know old Burkey Bulldog was on the show. That book does sound interesting. Hopefully the episode can be streamed through the Triple R website.
I rang in to the Show from Japan once! :lol:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 8:24pm
Sainternist wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 3:38pm Cheers! I haven’t listened to old Headly’s Party Show in a while. I loved it back in the day when they did talkback with the guests. I actually called in a few times, doing various impersonations of people in the public spotlight, like John Howard, Sylvester Stallone, Sgt Bargarse, Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc.

I rang in to the Show from Japan once! :lol:
Oh wow! That is dedication! Headly must have been impressed with that. It sounds like you have quite a connection with Japan, given your username and calling Triple R from there.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Wow
Is that show still on
Nothing better as a teenager in the 80s than listening to it , especially after a Saints victory !
Last time I heard it was probably around 2010 .
Does Headley still do what no other radio station does in the entire known universe do ?

In red white and black from 73
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 10:14pm Wow
Is that show still on
Nothing better as a teenager in the 80s than listening to it , especially after a Saints victory !
Last time I heard it was probably around 2010 .
Does Headley still do what no other radio station does in the entire known universe do ?
Yes, The Party Show is still going! It must be one of the longest running radio shows still going today.

Good question about whether Headly still drops the needle on Elvis Presley at different RPMs. It has been a while since I last heard him do that, so I might have to tune in this Saturday night. Also, playing “The Stones which insist upon Rolling!” and the show’s intro of ‘Always Look on Bright Side of Life’ and closing it with Tiny Tim’s rendition of ‘My Way’.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Never listen to the radio. Don't even turn one on. Haven't for years. So 1970s.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 3:14pm Never listen to the radio. Don't even turn one on. Haven't for years. So 1970s.
Not even in the car? Or for the cricket, on a warm summer’s day at the beach? Or to get an update on the footy scores before we relied on the internet for virtually all our info?

Community radio is a fantastic thing. We are incredibly lucky to have it in Melbourne. Stations like Triple R and PBS used to play music I couldn’t hear anywhere else on the dial.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 4:53pm
saynta wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 3:14pm Never listen to the radio. Don't even turn one on. Haven't for years. So 1970s.
Not even in the car? Or for the cricket, on a warm summer’s day at the beach? Or to get an update on the footy scores before we relied on the internet for virtually all our info?

Community radio is a fantastic thing. We are incredibly lucky to have it in Melbourne. Stations like Triple R and PBS used to play music I couldn’t hear anywhere else on the dial.
No, I have all my fav songs on the one USB which i have on random play in the car. Over 1500 songs. No need for the radio. Nott interested in modern s*** music.

Have never taken a radio to the beach and those that do s*** me if nearby. My phone is all I need for up to date info.

TheGreatZacsby
Club Player

B.M wrote: Sun 04 Jun 2023 6:27pm Burkey should be our AFLW coach

Dal should be our dev coach/VFL coach
I absolutely agree to this!

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 5:01pm

No, I have all my fav songs on the one USB which i have on random play in the car. Over 1500 songs. No need for the radio. Nott interested in modern s*** music.

Have never taken a radio to the beach and those that do s*** me if nearby. My phone is all I need for up to date info.
You’re like the polar opposite of LL Cool J !!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 7:38pm

i have no idea who that is and I never open random video clips posted on the internet, so Sorry.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 8:45pm

i have no idea who that is and I never open random video clips posted on the internet, so Sorry.
It’s just a YouTube link, but fair enough.

LL Cool J is an old school rap artist who started out in the early 80s. His music is generally pretty uplifting and has a feel-good party vibes quality, like most of the other New York rappers who don’t focus their lyrics on being gangsters and other negative stuff (that’s more of a West Coast thing).

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 8:55pm

LL Cool J is an old school rap artist who started out in the early 80s. His music is generally pretty uplifting and has a feel-good party vibes quality, like most of the other New York rappers who don’t focus their lyrics on being gangsters and other negative stuff (that’s more of a West Coast thing).
Looks like I am missing nothing. :wink:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 9:36pm

Yes, I can’t imagine you being a fan of rap music. More of a fan of the crooners: Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, etc. Am I right?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 9:41pm

Yes, I can’t imagine you being a fan of rap music. More of a fan of the crooners: Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, etc. Am I right?
s*** no. I am not that f****** old. They were my mum's favorites.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 9:44pm

My bad. Let me guess… you’re a big Beatles fan?

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 9:53pm

Not really.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote: Wed 07 Jun 2023 9:53pm

Prefers marching music
You know like the Horst Wessel song !

By the way , that was a joke .

In red white and black from 73
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Again with the multiple quotes

So fkn dumb

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

B.M wrote: Thu 08 Jun 2023 6:39pm Again with the multiple quotes

So fkn dumb
Is that why you never use the quote function?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote: Thu 08 Jun 2023 4:46pm
Prefers marching music
You know like the Horst Wessel song !

By the way , that was a joke .
[/quote]

Hahahahaha marching music!! Well, he did seem reluctant to reveal what sort of music he actually likes. Geez! He could have at least said he likes listening to Wagner.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

3CR can be good too, but mainly for the really late-night programs.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Fri 09 Jun 2023 12:11am

3CR can be good too, but mainly for the really late-night programs.
I haven’t listened to 3CR in years, but I remember they had some good late night music programs.