We all have decisions to make.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

We all have decisions to make.

I will be amazed if the STKFC board took this to court.

We got a match result reversed and this yellow gutless spineless dimwitted arselickers wouldn't take it to court.

Why would they want to

1) clear a players name?

2) protect the integrity of the club?

Happy to take our coin every year. Happier to be farked over by the corrupt cheat from the AFL every year.

Well we all have a personal decision to make.

AOK has made his and I say to him I cant blame you.

I will be making a decision on where my $650 in membership goes next year.

I wont be getting a reserved seat, and i wont be getting my SC membership renewed.

I cannot justify spending the extra $500 on a code and a system that is so blatantly corrupt and a club that has the balls to protect its own, and by extention their paid up supporters.

I will still get a membership but a base minimum.

Until the AFL sack Dimwit and his monkey, and the STKFC get rid of these sycophants and AFL arselickers on the board the will not get one red cent more than the barest minimium.

The "entertainment" value of AFL has gone down with the incessant flooding, and now it has been proven beyond doubt that the AFl are blantantly corrupting the "competition" in favour of interstate clubs at my expense.

This week I got rid of Foxtel. Only kept it this year because they had the footy.

Next year I will be paying $140 for a membership instead of $650.

I know I am only one and the AFL couldn't care less, but this has been coming for some time.

I bet I am not alone.

The NFL is about to start and I will be watching that and forgetting about this corrupt little provincial code for 6 months.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Boy have I got a poster for you tonight :lol: Do you reckon you could hold up two of em at once? :D

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
kaos theory
Club Player

Even though I agree we have been screwed, taking actions you suggest JB only hurt the club more.....I don't see the logic in that.

Maybe the AFL has taken a stand on blocking off the ball....and we are the unlucky example....They have done this before, not just to us, where they make a statement on an aspect to our game and some player cops a massive suspension that seems over the top.

I know you and many others are p!ssed off, but there are other melbourne clubs who have gotten a worse deal than us over the years....

We have a good chance to win a flag over the next few yrs, but we need our supporters to stick with the club.

We also need to leave the baker incident behind now. Its done. Court action will achieve nothing and cost a massive amount of money, and divert attention away from trying to win games and build the club.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

JB

Many of your points ...I have similar feelings

When watching the game (not just saints games) the enjoyment of the game itself has waned.........partly to do with the style

Also the role the afl plays (often dictated as well by all forms of media)

Media has played a big role in my diminishing passion for the game.

Bitterly disappointed with the outcome.......but as you mentioned in another thread

BAKES possibly hung himself

It is highly likely that instruction was given..........but did bakes say it in his own words(poorly chosen?)..........or just said certain things under the pressure of giving evidence...

Has it been said or written anywhere that Bakes was instrcted to say his evidence exactly as given.....
Whether we like it/agree his evidence basically hunghimself.....

One of my biggest beefs is the fact that it was sent to the Tribunal in the first place based on the - evidence (But must be said that was reliant on what read/said in media)

Plenty of other examples not sent to tribunal because of evidence(lack of)

UNderstand the frustration and anger of so many............hence wanting to go further to the COURT system

Just listening to SEN

Legal action not yet ruled out

Would not comment on question re was Baker evidence poorly put together........

Indicated not happy with certain processes of tribunal

He is a Lawyer (Not known which area)

Ross Leven (spelling) V?president being interviewed
Last edited by chook23 on Fri 24 Aug 2007 9:51am, edited 1 time in total.

saint4life
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Joffaboy, just to let you know, if you give up your reserved seat, you'll have to sit with the great unwashed up on level 3. Is this what you or us really want? :lol: :wink:

JeffDunne

Wouldn't it make more sense to chuck out the administration rather than help kill the club?

The St Kilda Football Club is NOT Rod Butterss and his cohorts.

He has farked this club around with his bullshiit driven personal agenda.

He'd prefer to give a weekly blowjob to AFL commissioners rather than take the time to communicate with members. Wonder why?

Last night he should have been breathing fire. Funny he can stick to his "no comment" line so he doesn't embarrass the AFL, but couldn't give two hoots about embarrassing this football club.

GT might have his detractors but he was at least prepared to fight for the club and his players. This soft c**k wouldn't even front someone he thought was white-anting the club because he was scared of getting hurt.

Members shouldn't abandon the club - they should re-claim it.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:Even though I agree we have been screwed, taking actions you suggest JB only hurt the club more.....I don't see the logic in that.

Maybe the AFL has taken a stand on blocking off the ball....and we are the unlucky example....They have done this before, not just to us, where they make a statement on an aspect to our game and some player cops a massive suspension that seems over the top.

I know you and many others are p!ssed off, but there are other melbourne clubs who have gotten a worse deal than us over the years....

We have a good chance to win a flag over the next few yrs, but we need our supporters to stick with the club.

We also need to leave the baker incident behind now. Its done. Court action will achieve nothing and cost a massive amount of money, and divert attention away from trying to win games and build the club.

Not doing it because I am pissed off. It is really just a combination of incompetence and corruption at the top level and the lily livered response from our club.

I'll give you a synopsis.

Lenny thrown into a fence by Scott, ball was dead, no need to do it. Lenny breaks his arm. Demetriou comes out on 3AW and says - oh he apologised - no case

Riewoldt -breaks his shoulder. Purposely bumped by two Brisbane players in the broken shoulder - no case to answer

Kosi - gets his skull fractured by a H&S - no case to answer

Luke Ball - gets his face smashed in by Whelan who stands in front and blocks Ball - no case to answer.

All of the above had video evidence. 3 of the above I considered not worthy of report, last two certainly accidental.

Now we have Baker with no video evidence - sent to the tribunal on a lying idiot waterboy and is suspended because Farmer ran into the back of him. And not just suspended but suspended for 7 weeks.

Now look at the suspensions we have had

Baker for 3 weeks for having a 110 kilo ape standing on his ankle and him trying to get him off.

Baker for "attempted" jumper punch when we see jumper punches connect every week

Frasier Gehrig for that tummy tap.

Now look at what WCE and Freo and Sydney get away with.

Barry Hall - video evidence of a strike gets off to play in a GF.

Kerr - punches Mitchell fair in the nuts, not once but twice - no case to answer - video evidence

Judd - eye gouges Brown - video evidence - gets off

Add to that whispers in the sky - Umpire Dick Head admits to a reporter that the umpiring was biased in his "now we know what a victory feels like" - Anderson tries to sweep it under the carpet until the furore is so great he has to investigates - and still sweeps it under the carpet

Sirengate - AFL changes the result of a game to favour the interstate team resulting in the Sainst missing the four and a shot at the flag.

I couldn't care less if my action hurts the club. How do I explain to my wife that I am spending $500 on something that even she can see is biased and corrupt and is fixed, and she doesn't even support football.

F*** the club, my family comes before them. I try to teach my children the meaning of integrity and self respect. In all good faith I cannot financially support an organisation that continues to display to me that it has none of either.

And anyway if my action hurts the club, they may get a message that the supporters, the lifeblood of the club, is what is important, and not arselicking Demetriou and the commission.

We lost 2000 members last year. Get ready for more to go next year. I will continue to be a member, but I will pay the barest minimum next season and use the $500 for other more fulfilling entertainment for me and my kids.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Full of facts there JeffDunne

saint4life
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the big picture and revenge.

as you know JB I've been harping on about AFL and St Kilda for some time.

I still support st kilda and dont enjoy AFL anymore.

to address the issues you raised from my opinion:

1) clear a players name?

we could fight, and win the case, but lose the war, the AFL have been known to 'take revenge'. the last time we stood up to the AFL we had the 'whispers in the sky' incident. I have no doubt that some umpires influence games. Also we have the issue of money. While St Kilda hasn't dipped into the well like melbourne, north, footscray and carlton, I can imagine the AFLl making things VERY difficult for st kilda with regard to protected sponsorship issues (usually Bullshot) and dividend. win the battle lose the war.

see the bit about winning the battle and losing the war. They prize is the premiership, they can subtly make it unattainable for us, with interstate visits, harsh draws etc. GT stood up to the AFL on a number of ocassions and was punished. I have no doubt that if RB did the same we would suffer according.

Happy to take our coin every year. Happier to be farked over by the corrupt cheat from the AFL every year.

and every club is, it wont change, clubs that toe the line are rewarded (north, freo) clubs that stand against the trend are punished (st Kilda, Melbourne (i still believe the mechanisms against joe were anti semitic in part by parts of the 'establishment' from what I have heard))

always, and much of the crew I used to go to the footy with in the 90s dropped off because of timmid, the treatment of harvey and burke, TD treatment of fans and members in the early days, this is just another phase we live through, I guess we are treated better than saints people in the early 80s.

Ill miss AOK my kids especially my daughter really like him.

a decision many will be making. Personally I'll saddle up again, because I guess Im stupid and a glutton for punishment, like a drunk gambler I'll keep spending till we win our flags.

I wont be getting a reserved seat, and i wont be getting my SC membership renewed.

Meh come up and sit with us peasants in bay 35, I run into all sorts of folks there:D

I cannot justify spending the extra $500 on a code and a system that is so blatantly corrupt and a club that has the balls to protect its own, and by extention their paid up supporters.

I justify it as supporting my club not the AFL

old loyalty is hard to shed :D

Until the AFL sack Dimwit and his monkey, and the STKFC get rid of these sycophants and AFL arselickers on the board the will not get one red cent more than the barest minimium.

AFL is never about democracy or justice, I've said that for ages, its about revenue wealth and power. 9 football clubs shoved into 2 stadiums? shutting down a 70k stadium for political reasons etc etc they were willing to sell Waverly for 8m till the hawks said they would pay 8m then the price went up to 20m and the hawks said they would pay that as well, then it went up again till they couldn't pay? justice? teams? its about wealth, power and control.

TD is a fabulous stadium and I love it, but it was carved for reasons of power and control, not the fans.

The "entertainment" value of AFL has gone down with the incessant flooding, and now it has been proven beyond doubt that the AFl are blantantly corrupting the "competition" in favour of interstate clubs at my expense.

DER

This week I got rid of Foxtel. Only kept it this year because they had the footy.

never had poxtel, but if the saints were only on poxtel and interstate I would visit my parents :D. why do they show local games when interstate games are ONLY available on Poxtel? really? its about money.

covered already

I know I am only one and the AFL couldn't care less, but this has been coming for some time.

I bet I am not alone. [

they dont care about the individual, they care about the total. football fans are replaced by theatre goers, that was always the intention to wipe out folks who like their meat pie and coke and wanted a kick with the kids.

really the MOST fun I have is running around the ramps with the kids, 3 or 4 times they have asked me to leave to have a kick with my kids, really....for 120 odd years kids had a kick at the footy with their dads.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saints94
SS Life Member

they dont even give us a fair go :evil:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

All good points Dan Warna.

As i said we all have our decisions to make and I have made mine. I dont care anymore about winning battles and losing the war.

It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Yeah i know - big words, but I try to instill certain lifes lessons into my kids. Truth, honesty, fairness, integrity, self respect.

How can i instill these vitues and to continue to financially support a club that has none of these attributes.

That is my personal opinion.

Lance or James??

JeffDunne

Dan Warna wrote:GT stood up to the AFL on a number of ocassions and was punished. I have no doubt that if RB did the same we would suffer according.
TBH Dan, I think it probably suited someone's personal agenda to see GT hung out to dry by the AFL.

The club certainly never backed him up when he was prepared to call a spade a spade under the guise of being a "good corporate citizen".

I might be wrong, but if we back down today like I expect, we again will look like a spineless organisation that is full of hot air and no substance.

JeffDunne

On the upside JB, NFL season is about to kick off and the New Orleans Saints are now a poster boy of the NFL. If you want to follow a team that's not getting bent over by an administrator there's one option. ;)

BTW, 3rd preseason kicks off in 1 1/2 hours. I can find you a stream online if you'd like to take your mind off this farce for an hour or two.

Behind Play
Club Player

I tend to agree Joff, and I will be doing the same, should the club not exhaust all avenues to right this wrong.
We must be the laughing stock for the rest of the competition...there they go again bending over, sticking it to their members.
The most contriversal tribunal case all year.........dimwit and anderson, your silence is deafening.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:GT stood up to the AFL on a number of ocassions and was punished. I have no doubt that if RB did the same we would suffer according.
TBH Dan, I think it probably suited someone's personal agenda to see GT hung out to dry by the AFL.

The club certainly never backed him up when he was prepared to call a spade a spade under the guise of being a "good corporate citizen".

I might be wrong, but if we back down today like I expect, we again will look like a spineless organisation that is full of hot air and no substance.
i think at the time RB did back GT, and he continues to back his players and his club.

that is why the club suffered.

no one saw RB sacking Gt at the end of the season.

RB backed the club, the players and externally to the press the coach at the time he was at the coaches position.

whispers in the sky was an attack on st kilda, not just the coach.

RB has, till this season at least, outwardly and to the press been behind coach and players of the time.

and this season has been behind RL.

SHUT UP KRIME!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:All good points Dan Warna.

As i said we all have our decisions to make and I have made mine. I dont care anymore about winning battles and losing the war.

It is better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Yeah i know - big words, but I try to instill certain lifes lessons into my kids. Truth, honesty, fairness, integrity, self respect.

How can i instill these vitues and to continue to financially support a club that has none of these attributes.

That is my personal opinion.
There are many people with those attributes at the Club

Many .........including.......a tireless worker Georgie Day etc etc

saint4life
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:On the upside JB, NFL season is about to kick off and the New Orleans Saints are now a poster boy of the NFL. If you want to follow a team that's not getting bent over by an administrator there's one option. ;)

BTW, 3rd preseason kicks off in 1 1/2 hours. I can find you a stream online if you'd like to take your mind off this farce for an hour or two.
lol - thanks JD - am at work and it would be blocked.

Anyway casual friday. I am sitting here with my no.26 Duece McAllister NO Saints jersey on.

Cant wait for the NFL season. Now I have gotten rid of Foxtel, will have to get their matches streamed online.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote: There are many people with those attributes at the Club

Many .........including.......a tireless worker Georgie Day etc etc
Well chook23 she should quit and join an organisation with some integrity and balls.

Lance or James??

JeffDunne

Dan Warna wrote:i think at the time RB did back GT, and he continues to back his players and his club.
He does? :shock:

How, when?
and this season has been behind RL.
LOL.

No comment. :lol:

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

I am sick of our club being bitch slapped by the AFL and their corruption and our president and CEO's (not just the current ones) have always just taken it. We need to take this to court to show them that they can't treat us like crap on the sole of their shoes anymore. Do you think the big boys (Collingwood and Essendon) would sit back and accept this kind of repetitive screwing. i think not they would take it as far as they can. The Swans did it to get Dunkley into the Grand Final in 1996 time we stood up and make a stand against the Anti Fairness League (AFL).

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
JeffDunne

joffaboy wrote:lol - thanks JD - am at work and it would be blocked.

Anyway casual friday. I am sitting here with my no.26 Duece McAllister NO Saints jersey on.

Cant wait for the NFL season. Now I have gotten rid of Foxtel, will have to get their matches streamed online.
Let me know if you need any help finding those streams (or torrents).

Check Bigfooty, I post them most weeks.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: We all have decisions to make.

joffaboy wrote:I will be amazed if the STKFC board took this to court.

We got a match result reversed and this yellow gutless spineless dimwitted arselickers wouldn't take it to court.

Why would they want to

1) clear a players name?

I bet I am not alone.

The NFL is about to start and I will be watching that and forgetting about this corrupt little provincial code for 6 months.
that does not hurt the AFL it only hurts the club.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Let me know if you need any help finding those streams (or torrents).

Check Bigfooty, I post them most weeks.
Cheers JD, thanks.

I'll check them out on the NFL board at BF. If I have any trouble I'll PM you.

Go Saints. No paperbags this season hey? :wink:

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: We all have decisions to make.

saintly wrote: that does not hurt the AFL it only hurts the club.
Too bad. Hurts my family more.

The club doesn't want to protect the clubs integrity or name, dont expect me to finance it.

You can budget for $500 less STKFC, and it is YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lance or James??

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

last sat was about the most exciting football st kilda has played ina while.

i went with my son only as my daughter said she didn't want to go, it was too boring.

i couldn't even bribe her with a trip to mcdonalds, doughnuts and hot chips.

as a 6 year old she made that call.

i think my son went because he loves running up and down the ramps before and after the game and the kick to kick in the park near train station.

SHUT UP KRIME!