Rest L.Ball

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lefty
Club Player

Rest L.Ball

His game tonight was useless.

Yes, WC had Judd with the same crap, but he had an impact, luke didnt.

We relied too much on Reiwaultd. Fergus Watts should be playing as another option.

How come F.Gehrig doesn't lead to the fat side?

How come Rix/Clarke cant make an impact across the ground, only Kosi?

On another note, we went to the flood style game again tonight... great :roll:

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

lol, lets not open up this can of worms again....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Judd had no influence.

Ball was far from useless. See him getting the hard ball under the packs? Judd can do none of that at the moment.

Both playing under handicaps, but Ball served his team more than Judd tonight.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
midas_touch
Club Player

Ball : 11 disposals 4 marks 3 tackles 1 goal
Judd: 10 disposals 4 marks 1 tackle 1 behind

Both were sub par, but Ball takes the points tonight. At least he got himself involved in some midfield contests, whereas Judd was unsighted.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

ball hadn't recovered from his corky.

IMO of thompson was fit, should have been playing in the guts.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

May not have had the stats to back it up, but Bally ran miles more than Judd did.

Absolutely worked his socks off.

Lenny and Roo will get alot of the credit for their 'Captains Performances', but Luke Ball was stellar when thrown into the middle for bursts, and even when running around on the HFF was very useful. Cant kick over 30m without straining, but still knows how to lay a tackle or two and collect the pill.
Luke Ball is a very underrated player - with or without injuries.
Will get back to his best, mark my words.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

concur, I've been a fan of ball and a defender of ball for a while.

this week he looked gone.

concur that he should have been rested. but he is a fabulous player.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Munga
Saintsational Legend

bring in Armitage Brooks Watts
only thing is the scorps are in great form and heading for the finals! should we disrupt their team? or let our young guys actually play some finals with the scorps?

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Bring them in if they deserve it!

These guys are contracted to ST.KILDA FOOTBALL CLUB, not the casey scorpions, no matter how many games they've played for them during the season.

If they have demonstrated enough ability playing with the scorps they should be given a chance in the AFL - which is what they're paid to do.

The Sainter
Club Player

Bring them in if they deserve it? Tell me how M. Clarke deserves a game before Brooks. He is 34 and useless. Also how did Dal get in our best players in the Herald Sun? 22 possessions, 19 uncontested. he had no influence on the game and again refused to chase hard. Did he get one centre clearance? What a difference in Hayes attack on the ball compared to Dal. Play him on the half forward flank next year where his skills and marking ability one out is what we need there. He is wasted on the backline.
Next year looks ok to me with Kosi at full forward, perhaps Gardiner in the ruck, Goddard back and Goose certainly will be much better with a full pre season. Gilbert will be even better plus Armitage and Watts could be ok. Ross, keep Ferguson in again this week, no good giving him one game then dropping him.
As for Gehrig perhaps we could play him next year only against the bottom teams as he seems to play his best footy against lower placed teams :oops:

Dal'sGal26
Club Player

The Sainter wrote:Also how did Dal get in our best players in the Herald Sun? 22 possessions, 19 uncontested. he had no influence on the game and again refused to chase hard. Did he get one centre clearance? What a difference in Hayes attack on the ball compared to Dal. Play him on the half forward flank next year where his skills and marking ability one out is what we need there. He is wasted on the backline.
:oops:
I agree, even though he had a lot of the ball he didn't really do much with it. He is USELESS on the backline. Why he is played there I do not understand. He should be closer to the forward line so he can use the skills he has and so he will be able to play like he has in the past.

i <3 the red, white and black

Sainter for LIFE!
saintm
Club Player

Kellie Underwood on ABC Radio said the Club has confirmed this morning that Luke will undergo surgery on his groin at the end of the season.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Ball had absolutely NO impact.

Luke Ball: REST. Please.

hAyES
Club Player

Give Ball all the rest that he needs. Watching him the past two years has been torture, because of how good he was before he was injured.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

As the commentators said when he was lining up for goal.
"He won't make this. A shadow of his former self"

hAyES
Club Player

Winmarvellous wrote:As the commentators said when he was lining up for goal.
"He won't make this. A shadow of his former self"
That shouldn't be said about somebody that's only 23 years old. It's a shame.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Luke said on radio this morning they may look to surgery at the end of the year- they have tried all theother options over the years so will consult further - ie new surgeons and decide

Judd rang him recently to ask what he had tried, as he battles to overcome what seems to be similiar issues,

he mentioned the kick for goal and I'm not sure what he gave as the reason for missing but didn't blame his condition- Didn't he get onto a good one early in the evening? and last week also. Which is more than he was gettting earlier in the year.

http://www.footyheads.com.au/
[quote]BALL NEEDS SURGERY
Saturday, August 25th, 2007 at 11:49 amBY BRAD KLIBANSKY

ST Kilda co- captain Luke Ball says he will need groin surgery at the end of the season.

Speaking on SEN, Ball said he had tried all “non- surgeryâ€
Last edited by saintbrat on Sat 25 Aug 2007 10:18pm, edited 2 times in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He should definately be rested. When our year is finished.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rest L.Ball

lefty wrote:His game tonight was useless.
couldnt agree more!
he has let us down as being one of the three captains!

i know everyone hated the rotation thingy with captains, but just one more? because personally i have seen nothing out of ball and hayes from what they used to do!(having said that i now expect snoopy to try and kill me :shock: )
but yeah...... i think this could of been both hayes and balls worst years! Roo has ben an awesome player, probably the best, but balls kicking over the past few weeks has been shocking. maybe taking away the point posts at moorabbin didnt help anyone?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
couldnt agree more!

i know everyone hated the rotation thingy with captains, but just one more? because personally i have seen nothing out of ball and hayes from what they used to do!(having said that i now expect snoopy to try and kill me :shock: )
but yeah...... i think this could of been both hayes and balls worst years! Roo has ben an awesome player, probably the best, but balls kicking over the past few weeks has been shocking. maybe taking away the point posts at moorabbin didnt help anyone?
Hayes is coming back from a knee reco...Ball is still suffering from 'op'

I reckon Hayes's form atm is better than anyones to be honest

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

whats the point of resting a player with 1 game and hopefully finals to come? if he has pushed through an entire season, it makes no sense to pack him up early when there is only 1-5 (optimisticly) games left.

by all means take whatever action is possible to get him right at seasons end but he is required atm if he feels he can play.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I felt extremely sorry for Ball, his courage and leadership is unquestionable! His ability to perform as such is extremely limited, and that's not by his own choosing. With one game to go, and possibly the season, he's the only one to call it a day. I sincerely hope he rests up well and come out on top of his game for 08.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
couldnt agree more!

Are you sreious about Lenny. Coming back from a reco he has a great year and also considering he broke his collabone. Do you actually think before you type.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Plugger, in his defence he is only a young kid who has extremely high expectations of our players. Have totally disregarded what he has said about Lenny as it has no basis in fact. Remember, this is the same person who, whilst sitting in the cheer squad proudly told us how he booed our players off the ground.