The Eagles are the new enemy no: 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

The Eagles are the new enemy no: 1

After years of traditionally hating Collingwood, Carlton I now rank the Eagles as my most hated team.
My pet name for them is the West Cheat Eagles, b3ecause in my opinion this club has manipulated the AFL ever since Mick Malthouse went to coach them.
Go back to the early 90's where this club cried foul over the draft saying it was un fair to them and they manipulated it so they virtually had a moratorium on recruitment from West Australia.
The result, their team of the early 90's was virtually West Australian State of Origin team, plus a few ring ins, notably Nicky Winmar.
Fortunately the AFL finally woke up to this, closed the loop hole and no new interstate team never got such a generous draft concession.
Then of course you have some of their recent tribunal results, especially that little turd Kerr last year getting a reduced sentence for deliberately punching the Hawthorn player in the testicles, by saying he wasn't aiming for them but his thigh, yeah they really did play jingle bells on that one.
Then of course there's Benny Cousins, numerous run ins with the police, finally fesses up that he's addicted to ice, gets suspended by his club, thus beating the AFL drug policy.
But just to make sure he gets off scott free, goes to rehab in the States and the Eagles get compensated by the AFL.
I have a simple message to Kevin Sheedy, if you love Victorian football, then in your last game as coach make sure your side cripples a few of those Eagles players and therefore make it impossible for them to make any kind of impact on the finals.
Finally I would like to make a plea to all on this forum, and to all St.Kilda supporters, plus of other clubs we will all know.
Write to the club and demand that all of the none favoured clubs tell the AFL that they will no longer be a party to the loaded AFL draw every year that guarantees certain teams always play each twice each year without fail.
The draw in order to be fair and balanced should be done over a three year period so that all teams meet each other five times.
No other professional competition loads their seasons schedules like the AFL done and until the AFL adopts the five times in three years draw, then in my mind it is a Mickey Mouse competition which doesn't smell like roses but more like the stuff you put on the ground to make them grow.
Sorry about the rambling.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

i think the purple panzies and the cats are daylight ahead of them in terms of hatred

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i think the dockers would be a more hated team here
eagles to their credit talk the talk and walk the walk
the dockers just seem to talk !!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

For me it's the Dockers followed by cats, blues, power, crows, Swans, Pies, Dons, lions, Tiggers, Hawks, Dees, Roos, Weagles and doggies.

Having said that the cats have earnt some respect this season and the weagles are simply an awesome team to watch at full flight.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

i think everyone needs to get over the silly lame names for all the teams...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Why the hatred of Geelong?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

probably goes back to the 2004 season and the war of words between the two clubs. the comments of Chappy spurred thing on a bit, they have been proven right on that though.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Thanks rw&bb.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

The reason I hate the Eagles is because they have flaunted the rules for so long and the AFL just lets them get away with it over and over again.
Akermanis, raises the drugs question never mentions names, yeah he may have been wrong, and gets crucified for daring to raise the topic.
Cousins basically admits to using drugs, and the AFL compensates his club for the he goes to Hollywood rehab clinic to rub shoulders with the likes of Lindsay Lohan and Brittany Spears.
As far as I am concerned he should have been given tha mandatory suspension by the AFL, because like would happen on the third strike, his abuse became public knowledge and he had already had numerous intersting adventures due his problems.
I'm sure the Swan River was very enticing on a hot Perth summer night, he just had to swim it.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

3rd generation saint wrote:The reason I hate the Eagles is because they have flaunted the rules for so long and the AFL just lets them get away with it over and over again.
Akermanis, raises the drugs question never mentions names, yeah he may have been wrong, and gets crucified for daring to raise the topic.
Cousins basically admits to using drugs, and the AFL compensates his club for the he goes to Hollywood rehab clinic to rub shoulders with the likes of Lindsay Lohan and Brittany Spears.
As far as I am concerned he should have been given tha mandatory suspension by the AFL, because like would happen on the third strike, his abuse became public knowledge and he had already had numerous intersting adventures due his problems.
I'm sure the Swan River was very enticing on a hot Perth summer night, he just had to swim it.
It is no different to the Blues cheating to win premierships and now cheating to get #1 draft pick. The AFL have their favorites and will allow them to do what they want. Favorites include all non Victorian clubs and the Pies and Bombers. The likes of the Doggies, Roos, Dees, Saints and Hawks will never get any favors from the AFL. We can't hate the favored clubs for the things the AFL allow them to get away with we would brake the same rules if we were allowed to. Hate the people in charge of the game for not producing an level playing field. AFL = Anti Fairness League.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If Freo were not already.....then when they officially appoint Harvey as their coach it will lock it in for me.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

i dont find geelong to bad..

the clubs i hate the most are:

- Fremantle
- the drug cheats (WC) duh!
- Collingwood
- Carlton