higlight / lowlight of the year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

higlight / lowlight of the year

for me the highlight was the team finally winning in perth for bangers 350 it sparked that glimmer of hope for the year to be sucessful for us .

the lowlight would have to be when BJ went down as soon as he hit the turf with his fists i knew it was gunna be bad , he had started the year in great form and even when we were losing he was playing well and i had high hopes for him to be AA sadly i have the same feeling bout Lenny last year b4 he did his knee so maybe this year ill hold high hopes for jeff farmer to make AA :roll:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

highlight for sure was harvs 350th

lowlight was the loss to collingwood

Liam_G
Club Player

Highlight - I can't go past Harvs 350th, I really can't. But to give a highlight in which I was present, then it would be Gehrig's final match against Richmond.

Lowlight - Watching BJ do his knee at Telstra Dome and slamming his fist into the turf.

casey scorp
Club Player

Highlight - Harv's 350th (I think this will be unanimous).

Lowlight (if the definition is when I felt most gutted during the season) - Collingwood's loss to Adelaide in Round 22.

noddy

Highlight for me was harves in perth AND Saints beating crows :D

Lowlight was sitting in the pouring rain at moron park watching us get smashed by port :cry:

saintm
Club Player

Highlight - Harvey's 350th

Lowlight - Aaron Hamill being unable to make a senior appearance this year (and I'm sure he was not too happy about it either).

Dal'sGal26
Club Player

SaintBot wrote:highlight for sure was harvs 350th

Agree!

i <3 the red, white and black

Sainter for LIFE!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

highlight - Harvs 350
Low - Collingwood....we had em...

“Yeah….nah””
thequarry
Club Player

Highlight - Harvey's 350th, Gehrig's last match
Lowlight - 9th????????????????? Missing so many opportunities...

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

May have to change my lowlight to the rabble of a challenge to the Board we are now witnessing...

“Yeah….nah””
fisher_fan
Club Player

Highlight - Eagles win, Gehrigs finale
Lowlight - Draw with Dogs, Loss to Pies, Pies losing to Crows....bloody pies!

Superboot
SS Life Member

In terms of individual players, Sam Gilbert's development was the highlight. Continued development of Gram into one of our top players was a close 2nd.

Lowlight was Hamill.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Highlights: Harvey's 350th, Sam Gilbert, Leigh Montagna

Lowlights: Goddard's injury, Gardiner, M Clarke & Hamill. Collingwood loss. Bulldogs draw. Board disintegration. Media stupidity from Roddy.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

High - Round 1 of the season.

Low - Round 22 of the season

Frustration - all that was in between except Bangers 350th game.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
HarveysDeciple

Highlight the Perth win for Banger, followed by the crows game.

lowlight - The final 15 minutes against collingwood and the doggies. season over.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Dal'sGal26 wrote:
SaintBot wrote:highlight for sure was harvs 350th

Agree!
yep!
i was at harveys 350th, and the flight back was awesome because virgin blue had tv's in the back of the seat infront of you. so guess what was on fox sports1....the replay! best flight ever!

im still crying over that collingwood lose! it was just a cr@p effort to be that far infront in the last quarter, in the pooring rain and lose it! if it was another team i would of got over it by about a month, but it wasnt, it was the dirty scums!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:Highlight the Perth win for Banger, followed by the crows game.

lowlight - The final 15 minutes against collingwood and the doggies. season over.
do you mean pies and crows?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
HarveysDeciple wrote:Highlight the Perth win for Banger, followed by the crows game.

no i think he means our draw with the bulldogs

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
saintdooley wrote:

no i think he means our draw with the bulldogs
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, whoops :oops:
i didnt read it properply, i thought u ment the last 15 mins of the pies and dogs GAME. so i thought i would correct you and say pies and crows coz i thought u ment the last 15 mins where crows got 3 goals and our finals hope was as good as me flying to the moon tomorrow! :wink:

Shades
Club Player

lowlight of the year not making finals

spert
Saintsational Legend

I think the last two seasons are all lowlight with no real sense of improvement. Sorry to be a grump but I think after 2004, I expected changes to be made to help us take the next step and nothing really happened and by 06 season the whole thing looked stale and predictable. This season was not smooth sailing following the GT sacking after 06 and all the blown up media crap surrounding RB and GT. RL clearly worked under unnecessary pressure with all the background off-field bulldust and although got improvments out of some players, a few stood still or went backwards. I feel like we have been treading water since 2004 and I need to see a real spark in 2008.

Cam1lla
Club Player

a highlight was definately Harveys 350th!

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Highlight
- like everyone else Harves 350th
- Joey and Fiora
- Seeing Lenny and Goose back after nasty injuries.

Lowlight
- Losing to Collingwood (not that I took that defeat that hard because I was in hospital going into labour :shock: )
- Bj's Knee
- Draw against the doggies
- getting smashed by geelong
- missing the finals

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I think the last two seasons are all lowlight with no real sense of improvement. Sorry to be a grump but I think after 2004, I expected changes to be made to help us take the next step and nothing really happened and by 06 season the whole thing looked stale and predictable. This season was not smooth sailing following the GT sacking after 06 and all the blown up media crap surrounding RB and GT. RL clearly worked under unnecessary pressure with all the background off-field bulldust and although got improvments out of some players, a few stood still or went backwards. I feel like we have been treading water since 2004 and I need to see a real spark in 2008.
I recjkon you have hit it on the head spert.

we MUST go forward in 08.

“Yeah….nah””
Saint05
Club Player

High point would have to be the win against Adelaide, good gutsy comeback for the team.

Low point was loosing to Sydney in Sydney. It felt like a long flight home, but it was worth it! And cos I saw the players at Sydney airport it made my weekend alot better! 8-)

Strength through Loyality!