Harvey Retires..a hypothetical!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Harvey Retires..a hypothetical!!

www.realfooty.com.au/028769033/Harveysaints/100908

Farewell to a legend 10th September 2008
by Colin Oscapy

"When it's time, it's time!", said Robert Harvey as he announced his retirement at the start of the 2008 season. "This is DEFINITELY my last season. I just want to enjoy one last crack at flag, so I can be satisfied that I gave it my all. Whatever happens; I just want to enjoy my footy while I'm still capable of performing."

The football world was rocked by the news; but his Saints team-mates (and fans) vowed to give him the biggest sendoff ever seen in the history of Aussie Rules...... and what a sendoff it's been.

The Saints went 21-1 in the 2008 home and away season. It could have easily been 22-0 after video from the Rd7 game at AAMI stadium clearly showed that Sam Gilbert had touched the ball that resulted in a Port Adelaide goal (giving the Power victory by 1 point).

Now having secured a Preliminary final berth; after a 168 point drubbing of Geelong; the Saints look unbeatable.
Robert Harvey won't be carried away by by the excitement.
"We've worked hard towards a common goal, but we're still two wins away from where we want to be. Everthing we've done this season will count for nothing unless we can go all the way."

Along with Harvey; Max Hudghton is the only current Saints listed player to have played in a Grand Final. "Robert and I still remeber the pain of that day.I've made it my mission to let the boys know that we can do it this season.", said Hudghton. "Banger and I are the only ones left from '97, and it's important to let all the guys know that these chances don't come along too often. We owe this one to Harves, the club, and our supporters."

With three weeks remaining before the 2008 Premiers are decided, Saints fans are hoping that this will finally be their year.
Andrew from Hawthorn was quoted as saying, "Banger Rox when Rix Rux. Nix splitz stix with quick Kix"
He then continued on with something about glasses half full, bathwater and G.T's(cars?) which this reporter found indecipherable.

Regardless of the inane ramblings of some Saints supporters; there is no doubt that the Football world as a whole is hoping that the Saints can go all the way to farewell a true legend of the game in style.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
midas_touch
Club Player

*Still calming down after near heart attack*

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Wizsteppa
Club Player

Jesus BF,way to scare the living daylights out of me haha. Hopefully it'll all go to script though for the great man this time next year.He deserves nothing less.But i certainly jumped a foot in the air upon reading the title

Lucky i dont have a bad heart eh? haha.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Nice work.

Loved this bit:
It could have easily been 22-0 after video from the Rd7 game at AAMI stadium clearly showed that Sam Gilbert had touched the ball that resulted in a Port Adelaide goal (giving the Power victory by 1 point).
:lol:

We still couldn't beat the Power !

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Ordinary

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Sorry mate that title is being changed..too many potential heart attacks

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Sorry mate that title is being changed..too many potential heart attacks
and you made it better?!?!

i still had one before i could read hypothetical

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

andrew from hawthorn was suddenly cut off after mumbling something about squares being rooted

Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

SaintBot wrote:
saint66au wrote:Sorry mate that title is being changed..too many potential heart attacks

as did i, for a split second i was seriously saddened :P

casey scorp
Club Player

Re: Harvey Retires..a hypothetical!!

BakesFan wrote:www.realfooty.com.au/028769033/Harveysaints/100908

Farewell to a legend 10th September 2008
by Colin Oscapy

Along with Harvey; Max Hudghton is the only current Saints listed player to have played in a Grand Final.
Obviously Gardiner and Hamill don't come up for '08.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Ah, Bakes Fan we wish. Only mistake in that would be the 1 point victory to PA, more likely to be Freemantle wouldn't it :wink:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
battye
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good article.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

ROFL!

As if we would ever beat Girlong by 168 points. Half our players can't even hit a target from 25 metres or kick straight at goal, the fundamentals for gods sake. We won't be winning a premiership anytime soon, not with players like Blake and Rix on the list. How Blake even played another game after the Collingwood debacle is beyond comprehension. But yes we will have to put up with another season of similar dross because "he gives 100%" or "he has a huge tank". Or in Rix's case because "he gives a good contest". Please forgive me for not believing in nonsensical fairytales!

HarveysDeciple

SaintBot wrote:

I know I had a near heart attack in the short time between reading retires and hypothetical :shock: