Other club delistings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe

Other club delistings

Carlton: David Teague, Dylan McLaren, Anthony Raso, Craig Flint, Ross Young (rookie), Anthony Koutoufides (retired), Matthew Lappin (retired)

Melbourne: Daniel Ward, Simon Godfrey, Heath Neville, Shane Neaves (rookie), Daniel Hayes (rookie), Nathan Brown (retired), Clint Bizzell (retired), Byron Pickett (retired)

Western Bulldogs: Cameron Faulkner, Travis Baird, Tim Walsh, Damian McCormack, Marty Pask (rookie), Michael West (rookie), Luke Darcy (retired), Matthew Robbins (retired), Brett Montgomery (retired)

I wouldnt mind a Godfrey, he is very fit and could free Baker up for a real Midfield role... he has tagged a few good players and played about 16-20 games this year, i dont think he was their problem, i think he will get a lifeline

Also Travis Baird, could be a good forward, i dont know why he wasnt given a go at the Dogs

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

If he's available at our pre season draft pick ok but not during the national draft at the expense of a kid.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: Other club delistings

Batnoe wrote:Carlton: David Teague, Dylan McLaren, Anthony Raso, Craig Flint, Ross Young (rookie), Anthony Koutoufides (retired), Matthew Lappin (retired)

Melbourne: Daniel Ward, Simon Godfrey, Heath Neville, Shane Neaves (rookie), Daniel Hayes (rookie), Nathan Brown (retired), Clint Bizzell (retired), Byron Pickett (retired)

Western Bulldogs: Cameron Faulkner, Travis Baird, Tim Walsh, Damian McCormack, Marty Pask (rookie), Michael West (rookie), Luke Darcy (retired), Matthew Robbins (retired), Brett Montgomery (retired)

I wouldnt mind a Godfrey, he is very fit and could free Baker up for a real Midfield role... he has tagged a few good players and played about 16-20 games this year, i dont think he was their problem, i think he will get a lifeline

Also Travis Baird, could be a good forward, i dont know why he wasnt given a go at the Dogs
i agree Godfrey isnt bad but he was delisted for a reason so i dont know if we need to be picking at teams lower then us scraps

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

We should grab Marty Pask - his girlfriend is Liesel Jones and we may need her to hold recovery sessions with our proposed new Football Sub-Committe memeber Klimmy :)

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Such large numbers of de-listings 8, 8 & 9 suggest that these clubs are thinking that they might pick up a gem or two with their picks 4 & 5

Note: 8 De-Listings = 5 Picks (at least 3 in ND & then 2 in PSD). The other 3 spots would be for rookie list players. 9 De-Listings = 6 picks under the same formula !!

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

Eastern wrote:Such large numbers of de-listings 8, 8 & 9 suggest that these clubs are thinking that they might pick up a gem or two with their picks 4 & 5

Note: 8 De-Listings = 5 Picks (at least 3 in ND & then 2 in PSD). The other 3 spots would be for rookie list players. 9 De-Listings = 6 picks under the same formula !!
Carlton have delisted 6 players (and 1 rookie). We will be upgraded 2 rookies to the senior list. That means we will have 4 picks in the draft...#1, #3, #20 and either #36 or PSD #2.

Depending on what happens in trade week, you would expect another delisting or two as at this stage we are not even guaranteed to use our 3rd round pick!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

faulkner? wasn't he a round 1 draft pick?

i can't remember ever seeing much of him, aside from dougies talking him up.

Teague certainly has tonnes of talent but the problem is between his ears IMO. Not sure its worth the effort to try and turn around a player for what we could get in return.

At his best he was going to be the next glen archer, north fans talked him up, when to the blues and tore it up for a season.

Godfrey - gone from what is probably the team desperate for some strenght in the midfield, thats pretty much an indictment against him. was never even as good as troy shwarz, wouldn't want to go down that path.

wouldnt mind having a look at teague on 40k p/a with a round 4 or 5 draft pick if his head is round the right way, or even the mature rookie position.

aside from that, talentless seniors, retirees and failed magoos players.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:faulkner? wasn't he a round 1 draft pick?

i can't remember ever seeing much of him, aside from dougies talking him up.

Teague certainly has tonnes of talent but the problem is between his ears IMO. Not sure its worth the effort to try and turn around a player for what we could get in return.

At his best he was going to be the next glen archer, north fans talked him up, when to the blues and tore it up for a season.

Godfrey - gone from what is probably the team desperate for some strenght in the midfield, thats pretty much an indictment against him. was never even as good as troy shwarz, wouldn't want to go down that path.

wouldnt mind having a look at teague on 40k p/a with a round 4 or 5 draft pick if his head is round the right way, or even the mature rookie position.

aside from that, talentless seniors, retirees and failed magoos players.
mature rookies, can only be if they have not played a game.

Batnoe

Round 2 Hawthorn 13 6 19 6 0 4 1 1 2 1 96
Round 3 Geelong 7 10 17 5 0 3 1 0 1 0 75
Round 4 Fremantle 2 14 16 1 0 2 3 0 0 0 48
Round 5 Sydney 4 14 18 3 0 3 1 1 0 0 59
Round 6 Port Adelaide 5 6 11 5 0 2 0 0 0 0 50
Round 7 Western Bulldogs 4 5 9 1 0 4 0 2 0 0 35
Round 8 West Coast 4 14 18 5 0 1 1 3 0 0 51
Round 9 Kangaroos 8 9 17 6 0 3 0 3 0 0 63
Round 10 Adelaide 2 6 8 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 26
Round 11 Collingwood 5 1 6 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 26
Round 12 Richmond 13 5 18 11 0 4 0 4 0 0 86
Round 13 Essendon 7 6 13 3 0 2 2 2 1 1 53
Round 14 Carlton 7 6 13 2 0 2 1 1 1 0 51
Round 15 Brisbane Lions 5 10 15 3 0 5 1 2 1 0 65
Round 16 Kangaroos 6 11 17 4 0 3 1 2 0 0 59
Round 17 Port Adelaide 6 2 8 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 29
Round 18 Sydney 6 3 9 4 0 2 0 3 0 0 35
2007 Average: 6.1 7.5 3.6 0.0 2.5 0.7 1.4 0.4 0.1 53.

Godfreys scores

12 games with double possesions, i know he was played as a forward for a lot of it when Robbo wasnt in. Worth a go to free up Baker, one year contract

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Damien McCormack from the doggies may be a worthwile looking at to be rookie listed. I think he is 21, never had great opportunities with the dogs as a small forward since they have like 8 of them and is fairly quick.

still only 20-21 and was drafted with either a round 1 or 2 pick in the same draft as Jayden Attard. Wouldn't draft him, but would invite him down with the possibility of rookie listing him as i have seen him play and he can turn it on.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Tim Walsh is a perfect fit for us he is a 2002 #4 draft pick, tall (196cm). He has play all of 1 game in his AFL career due to a horrid streak of injuries if that doesn't sound like he would fit into our squad then i don't know who will. :wink:

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

redwhite&blackblood wrote:Tim Walsh is a perfect fit for us he is a 2002 #4 draft pick, tall (196cm). He has play all of 1 game in his AFL career due to a horrid streak of injuries if that doesn't sound like he would fit into our squad then i don't know who will. :wink:
Wouldn't be taking any KPP players from the doggies as they are desperate for them and if they delist one well he must be terrible.

QueenC
Club Player

Re: Other club delistings

Batnoe wrote: I wouldnt mind a Godfrey, he is very fit and could free Baker up for a real Midfield role... he has tagged a few good players and played about 16-20 games this year, i dont think he was their problem, i think he will get a lifeline
I hope that Godders gets a gig somewhere else, but I honestly don't see it happening.

He has been a very courageous player for us and squeezed just about every last inch out of his very limited football ability.

There have been very few players in our very long history that have played with more heart but less skill.

Our turnover count will definitely go down next year without Godfrey and Ward on the list :oops: !!!

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Reckon Teague is worth a shot, either with our last National Draft pick, or our PSD pick. Extremely courageous player! As mentioned before, if he gets his head right could be an extremely useful player.

The Saints are coming!
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

True Blue Sainter wrote:Reckon Teague is worth a shot, either with our last National Draft pick, or our PSD pick. Extremely courageous player! As mentioned before, if he gets his head right could be an extremely useful player.

too slow nowadays

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:Reckon Teague is worth a shot, either with our last National Draft pick, or our PSD pick. Extremely courageous player! As mentioned before, if he gets his head right could be an extremely useful player.
One game in two years with Carlton says it all really.

And why would we entertain Godfrey when with have Birss and when he recovers, Attard, performing that role?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

fair call in teague.

if he can get his head right, may be useful, he's still relatively but I won't be losing any sleep or hunting him with anything more than a minimum wage.

i think less of a risk than some we've taken.

Also given pagan was at north and then carlton it could be part of the reason teague is on the outer.

but nothing to stress about really.

the rest I can't see much value in so far.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Cameron Faulkner is definitely worth a look at. He'll definitely go in the national draft, and probably even during trade week (remember, these players aren't officially delisted until the lists are lodged, so if you want to pick them up pre-draft, you have to organise a trade).

A really talented player and I have a feeling if he's given a chance, he could take over from Milne.

I don't mind Godfrey, actually. I'd rather him on our list than Attard (who I doubt will stay on our list any more than three years - same as Godfrey). He can win the footy a little bit and has experience in tagging good players. Again though, you wouldn't want to give up any picks above 70.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

The only player I would consider is Faulkner. He's got a fair bit of talent and would fit into our side nicely if he could lift his game a notch.

Teague is a poor man's Brett Voss. Too slow, poor skills, personal troubles.

I would rather play McQualter or Armo than Godfrey.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

I think the Doggies got Faulkner with the pick we traded for Luke Penny.

Wonder if the old Luke Penny is coming out of retirement rumour will surface this year :lol: I fell for it last year or the year before.

I think we now need to start the anual thread tiled

****** ****** are we interested?

FWIW, I have no interest in any delisted player other than a rookie selection for a young guy whose circumastances may deem another chance is required.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Sam23
SS Life Member

mad saint guy wrote:The only player I would consider is Faulkner. He's got a fair bit of talent and would fit into our side nicely if he could lift his game a notch.
Yep.

Faulkner is a must look at.

luckysaint
Club Player

Sam23 wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:The only player I would consider is Faulkner. He's got a fair bit of talent and would fit into our side nicely if he could lift his game a notch.
Yep.

Faulkner is a must look at.
Why? He has done nothing on the Bulldog's list for 3-4 years.