did everyone else get the letter in the mail from SFF?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

did everyone else get the letter in the mail from SFF?

yes another board challenge thread, sorry guys..

just wondering what people's thoughts were of the letter that was sent out to members today from the footy first ticket.

i for one was quite impressed with the letter, many of the points they made have convinced me that we are heading in the wrong direction with the current board.

i particularly liked this point

10. Footy first will focus on growing revenue and financial stability, but most of all doing whatever it takes to help Ross Lyon take our playing list to a grand final and a flag.

also this

15: look at Mr Butterss' group's often publicly stated goals:

i. toi fix the injury problem: Clearly the injury problem has been there for years and not been fixed

ii. An elite training facility: We still have nothing finalised. Even when it is, our players will be the last in the AFL to have an elite training facility.

iii. To win a premiership:L Premierships are hard to win. We all know that, but we believe that supporters know that a golden opportunity has been lost in the lat four seasons, given the talent we have had.

FOOTY FIRST WILL TURN THIS AROUND!!!

I will say that there were numerous grammatical mistakes in the SFF letter, but as a whole i am excited about what they have to offer.

Its time to say goodbye Rod.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
doggerel
Club Player

yeah, it's a pretty good package. They have obviosuly been working towards this for some time!

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

its easy to make statements like that but how do they propose to deliver these things ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:its easy to make statements like that but how do they propose to deliver these things ?

that is one thin that does concern me st_trav, they went in depth to point out the wrongs of the current board, stated that they would fix them, but haven't really said how.

i still think any action they take to rectify our problems will be better than what Rod has done of late. Faiked to deliver on many promises.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: did everyone else get the letter in the mail from SFF?

fonz_#15 wrote:
ii. An elite training facility: We still have nothing finalised. Even when it is, our players will be the last in the AFL to have an elite training facility.

On ii. Don't get too excited just yet...Gadanaski was the main current Board member who has been handling this and who stated on air this morining that he was the ONLY one from the Saints who had been through all the current iterations.

Now on the new Board the person handling it will be....Gadanski :wink:

Might be one way to stop your own skeletons from emerging!!!

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Out of interest....just how did the group get members names and addresses so quick???

I imagine that once an EGM is declared that you get access to such details....but to be received today it has to have been mailed yesterday....and there has to be time for a mail-house to get the data (by email) set it up, print addresses on envelopes etc etc etc...

I wonder if some one has breeched the Privacy Act???

Maybe "some one" at the club has been co-opertive?????

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Out of interest....just how did the group get members names and addresses so quick???

I imagine that once an EGM is declared that you get access to such details....but to be received today it has to have been mailed yesterday....and there has to be time for a mail-house to get the data (by email) set it up, print addresses on envelopes etc etc etc...

I wonder if some one has breeched the Privacy Act???

Maybe "some one" at the club has been co-opertive?????
Really interesting question sRr.

Who would have access to Membership Lists?
Gdanski????
Archie?????

saintnt
Club Player

Just wondering how many other people on here are AFL members with recognised St. Kilda membership and whether they have received this letter. To me, this is an area St. Kilda really needs to address. Usually we are counted as members and receive all the membership stickers etc, but this year we were. In fact, I even had to follow up this numerous times with the club, before I got my tin!! Another question, does this group say whether they are going to do anything to strengthen interstate memberships, because from where I sit, the club doesn't seem to appreciate their interstate supporters as much as they should.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintnt wrote:Just wondering how many other people on here are AFL members with recognised St. Kilda membership and whether they have received this letter. To me, this is an area St. Kilda really needs to address. Usually we are counted as members and receive all the membership stickers etc, but this year we were. In fact, I even had to follow up this numerous times with the club, before I got my tin!! Another question, does this group say whether they are going to do anything to strengthen interstate memberships, because from where I sit, the club doesn't seem to appreciate their interstate supporters as much as they should.
I note that they have a way to submit comments/suggestions on their website. Go for it.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

saintnt wrote:Just wondering how many other people on here are AFL members with recognised St. Kilda membership and whether they have received this letter. To me, this is an area St. Kilda really needs to address. Usually we are counted as members and receive all the membership stickers etc, but this year we were. In fact, I even had to follow up this numerous times with the club, before I got my tin!! Another question, does this group say whether they are going to do anything to strengthen interstate memberships, because from where I sit, the club doesn't seem to appreciate their interstate supporters as much as they should.
A full AFL member [St.Kilda club support] here and got my letter today and the package earlier this year..fair call re intertate members should be made to feel appreciayed.

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Richter
SS Life Member

Yep. I'm an AFL Silver member - got all the usual paraphernalia earlier this year. Dunno about letter this am as mail arrives after I leave for work.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
luckysaint
Club Player

Re: did everyone else get the letter in the mail from SFF?

fonz_#15 wrote:10. Footy first will focus on growing revenue and financial stability, but most of all doing whatever it takes to help Ross Lyon take our playing list to a grand final and a flag.

also this

15: look at Mr Butterss' group's often publicly stated goals:

i. toi fix the injury problem: Clearly the injury problem has been there for years and not been fixed

iii. To win a premiership:L Premierships are hard to win. We all know that, but we believe that supporters know that a golden opportunity has been lost in the lat four seasons, given the talent we have had.

FOOTY FIRST WILL TURN THIS AROUND!!!
Sounds great.... but it's easy to promise the earth.

This board has done what it has elected to do, slash our debt.

They aren't lying, we have the lowest amount of staff, one of the worst training facilities in the league and have made an art form of cost cutting. We do however, have the lowest revenue.

Let's not kid ourselves, it's pretty hard to make a big business from a low revenue base and a large debt. To consolidate our future, and our ability to survive, we needed to clear that debt.

Funds have been sacrificed for the footy dept over the last two years. There was the resurfacing of Moorabbin and last year the ending of the deal with Tasmania, which freed us up to play 3 more games in Melbourne.

"We will reinvest in growth assets, and most importantly put more money into the football department...."
I'm sure that this could be done, but I doubt it could be done effectively.

EDIT: probably went too far
Last edited by luckysaint on Wed 12 Sep 2007 6:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Envelope dated 12.09.07

DLC VIC FM.......
02:39

And arrived today?

Would be interested to know considering contents dated Monday 10 September 2007

series of bars
no. ...
then address

the series of bars and no. where did that come from???

Must admit had a smerk at 2nd sentence of front page of booklet

Send Nathan Burke or me the enclosed Proxy TODAY

Interesting use of the heartstring pull on the past player champion.

BUT thats politics!!

saint4life
noddy

Never got ours :( but it is Australia Post we are talking about

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

noddy wrote:Never got ours :( but it is Australia Post we are talking about
We never got ours either. Perhaps they sent them to the important people first !!

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
noddy wrote:Never got ours :( but it is Australia Post we are talking about
We never got ours either. Perhaps they sent them to the important people first !!
They did mate :wink: :D

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Envelope dated 12.09.07

DLC VIC FM.......
02:39

And arrived today?
Noticed myself that mine was stamped 0153 this morning - impressive mail service...

Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

saint patrick wrote:
A full AFL member [St.Kilda club support] here and got my letter today and the package earlier this year..fair call re intertate members should be made to feel appreciayed.
I'm an AFL member, I didn't get one. My old man did. I think i'm on an adult ticket, not sure, if not that might be why. My mum got one, and she hasn't been to the footy in a 154 years. But then I remembered, I signed here up for a ticket for finals because at the time I was a silver member.

I wonder is Rodney will step aside now. I don't see him winning.

Too lazy to update my username
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Mine was certified mail...wasn't everyones :wink:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Get your hand off it Saint Pat.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
timclark27
Club Player

I got mine yesterday. I got the impression it was put together fairly quickly. A few typos and the picture of Burkey is fuzzy, they've just blown up an old .jpg(Dont they have a digital camera or was Burkey not on the ticket when they first put it together?)

After Steve Bedwell saying he wanted to be President but as a figurehead only I'm wary of these challenges. Its like kids saying 'you've had your turn now give me a go.'

After all the crap betwen GT and Butterrs I would like to see both of them gone and I used to be a supporter of both of them.

Just not 100% convinced about this new lot. Burkey, Thommo and Mordy Bromberg give them credibility, for me at least, but anyone with enough money can put together a package and make themselves sound credible.

I want to vote for them but just can't put pen to paper yet.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Us 2nd, 3rd & 4th tier supporters got ours today :roll: :wink: !!

Halo Halo
Club Player

I never got a letter & my family are catorie members of St KFC... Maybe the new group doesnt like us?? Hehe
My mate that is a 'normal' saints member got theirs the other day

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

us in deep dark Mumbai (perth) didnt get it yet so maybe only the melb members are important enuff to get it ?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Halo Halo
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:us in deep dark Mumbai (perth) didnt get it yet so maybe only the melb members are important enuff to get it ?
im in Melbourne - I really think they dot like me!! Hehe